Eternal Lands Official Forums
Tico

All Skill rank

The sugestion is to add a rank based on the average in all skills

It could be a motivation factor to ppl dont level up only one skill.

Its not very hard to implement, and ppl that work in all skills could see his name figuring out in a rank.

what you say about it?

I would end very low, but like the idea.

People chose to not focus on 1-3 skills, but on all.

Would be nice to have a list: Allround, with the highest average levels.

\o/ wonderful idea

Maybe I even get a decent spot in it ^^

Currently my only top 100 rank is summoning ;P

FYI, & as I recall, there was some discussion of this some time ago (possibly 2005); generalizing into min/max/mean/mode/{n'th moment}... skill rankings.

Slightly different, but what I would like to see is a record of the maximum rank you have achieved in a skill -- your historical best.

FYI, & as I recall, there was some discussion of this some time ago (possibly 2005); generalizing into min/max/mean/mode/{n'th moment}... skill rankings.

Slightly different, but what I would like to see is a record of the maximum rank you have achieved in a skill -- your historical best.

actually ure wrong... the suggestion is to get all the skills you have... Att/Def/Har/Alc/Mag/Pot/Sum/Man/Cra

and make a average (mean or whatever) and divide it by nine.

Att+Def+Har+Alc+Mag+Pot+Sum+Man+Cra / 9 = Average all skills

and make a rank with this result.

to make a historical on your rank is something useless IMO, a rank should be a online thing not a historical thing... why to have a rank based on past?

Good idea, more statistics to the players!=)

It should be very easy to implement.

But the problem with a mean of the skill is that the high lvl warriors would still get a very good spot on the list... lets say they have 130 a/d... if you split the points, its equal to have lvl 65 in 4 skills and if they have some other skill like alch lvl 80-100 or something they would place high just by having very few skills, very high.

It would be great to somewhat have a list of "hybrid" players. Those that try and get lvl 60+ in all skills or such, so maybe a list of highest lowest skill? That would be better for the rankings.

So what do you say, isn't this idea better if it's the Highest Lowest skill? Like if you have all at lvl 65 except 1 at lvl 30.. then your ranked after that lvl 30. The only problem with this is that Chaoogie would be #1 place:P Grr...

Edited by Beaverhunter

actually ure wrong... the suggestion is to get all the skills you have... Att/Def/Har/Alc/Mag/Pot/Sum/Man/Cra

and make a average (mean or whatever) and divide it by nine.

Thats the mean skill ranking mentioned.

why to have a rank based on past?
We have a game with ever increasing skill levels in the population, and a high rank is a significant achievement. Players may want to go on and do other things than just level, so at present that achievement is lost. Recording your highest achieved ranks preserves that achievement.

i just now got 60+, and im sure someone will pass me in no time what soever

i liked the idea though, i mentioned it to learner a while back, cause at the time i was workin on all my skills trying to catch or continue passed minion lol, still good idea

Edited by chaoogie

Beaverhunter: that's exactly what's Trollson is talking about: mix/max/mean statistics, based on lowest/highest/average values.

What I would like to see is to have a "rank" based on the amount of skills at a certain level:

3 skills above level 20: junior squire

3 skills above level 40: junior knight

4 skills above level 20: senior squire

4 skills above level 40: senior knight

5 skills above level 20: master squire

5 skills above level 40: master knight

6 skills above level 20: grand squire

6 skills above level 40: grand knight

[ and so on, you get the picture ]

What I think would be cool would be if you could see that title: maybe only if you use the "eye" on a player, return the player rank ("majestyk (Master Squire)") instead of only the player name, or even make it somehow visible (with "badges" or something).

Cheers,

majestyk

Beaverhunter: that's exactly what's Trollson is talking about: mix/max/mean statistics, based on lowest/highest/average values.

What I would like to see is to have a "rank" based on the amount of skills at a certain level:

3 skills above level 20: junior squire

3 skills above level 40: junior knight

4 skills above level 20: senior squire

4 skills above level 40: senior knight

5 skills above level 20: master squire

5 skills above level 40: master knight

6 skills above level 20: grand squire

6 skills above level 40: grand knight

[ and so on, you get the picture ]

What I think would be cool would be if you could see that title: maybe only if you use the "eye" on a player, return the player rank ("majestyk (Master Squire)") instead of only the player name, or even make it somehow visible (with "badges" or something).

Cheers,

majestyk

its a good idea, but having this information in the screen may cause visual polution in game.

but this is another sugestion and diserve another thread.

The basic idea here is just a rank to figure in EL web page, not something to be seemed inside the game