Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LilBear

Tin, Copper, and Bronze

The bronze armor (at time of writing) has not taken off, really. Few people seem to want it, and those who made it from scratch report having a hard time selling it, even at a loss. However, all hope is not lost as this game is in progress as I've been told many times. So, I'm creating this thread in the hopes we can all come up with alternative item suggestions for the three ores in question, tin, copper, and bronze. I'm going to start off by making two suggestions.

Tin Can

The tin can would be used to store food (gasp!). Clearly, Entropy doesn't want us to be able to put food in storage, but how about this: When you put food in the tin can and then the tin can it gets compressed. The tin can should obviously have an "emu" of its own and you should be able to only carry one at a time. Only empty tin cans can be put in storage. I'm imagining this: You have on you an empty tin can and food. You use the mix window to put the food into the tin can. The emu of the food disappears from your inventory and only the emu of the tin can itself remains (e.g., 30 emu). When you are ready to open up the tin can, you mix again with a special item (whatever, I'm not that creative). Why is this a good suggestion?: Cause you can now carry more food and ings with you as you go to make stuff at location. I'm sure all of you are going to tell me why it is a bad suggestion.

Bronze Medallion

I've seen many people in real life wear bronze (or is it nickel? it looks like bronze) arm thingies and it's supposed to help with arthritis. So I'm thinking, maybe a bronze amulette could be something between a Medallion of Life and a Crown of Life and a Fast Regen perk/cloak, something that restores health points per minute but not mana points. Thoughts?

lilbear

Edit: put in the FR perk/cloak for clarification.

Edited by LilBear

Bronze armor needs better stats. At the moment the armor ir provides is almost exactly the same as steel plate, and it has more penalties and does not degrade AFAIK. But the ingreds to make it are a lot harder than steel.

The armor from bronze armor should be increased by like 2 per piece imo

I've seen many people in real life wear bronze (or is it nickel? it looks like bronze) arm thingies and it's supposed to help with arthritis.

I believe it's copper that is suppose to have those qualities.

(we now return you to our regularly scheduled thread)

I'd like the bronze sword :P

I'm just a collector, so I don't care about the attributes. I do fear to let someone mix my expensive ingredients... But that's always the risk I guess.

-- Cyp

Bronze armor is good for training for people with to big p/c. Just wait few weeks, every1 didn't have steel plate 2 secs after update too :P

Uhm, I really didn't mean this thread as a discussion of bronze armor. That should go into general chat, I believe. Anyone got any other ideas for items that could be made out of the three ores? Like the copper (not bronze, I guess) amulette I suggested? Or other things?

Pfft the bronze pl8 sucks in the first place, it just gives added effects of magic resistance so it is pointless imo, and a tin can that you can put food in but not put it in sto o.O kinda pointless if you think about it rofl

I know it could be a long way off and I'm not saying it will happen for sure but all the signs look like we will have missile weapons in the game...

Bronze Spears, Arrows with Bronze, Tin, Copper Tips (different damage strengths obviously), copper throwing stars - yeah I know we can all but dream :)

Tin Can

The tin can would be used to store food (gasp!). Clearly, Entropy doesn't want us to be able to put food in storage, but how about this: When you put food in the tin can and then the tin can it gets compressed. The tin can should obviously have an "emu" of its own and you should be able to only carry one at a time. Only empty tin cans can be put in storage. I'm imagining this: You have on you an empty tin can and food. You use the mix window to put the food into the tin can. The emu of the food disappears from your inventory and only the emu of the tin can itself remains (e.g., 30 emu). When you are ready to open up the tin can, you mix again with a special item (whatever, I'm not that creative). Why is this a good suggestion?: Cause you can now carry more food and ings with you as you go to make stuff at location. I'm sure all of you are going to tell me why it is a bad suggestion.

Very creative :), yet another suggestion to be able to carry more than your max load.

i highly doubt the devs will add anythign that increases your EMU and a bag that weighs 20 EMU but gives you more EMU and a bag that weighs 20EMU??? but somehow increases your might?

Guest baneazaghal

I think he meant a canister that would weight 20 emus PLUS the weight of the contents in it. But I doubt they will add this in any case :confused: Unless you add a chance of destroying the items you put in it (together with the bag/can) every time you put something in or take something out.

Heh. Maybe Entropy would let us have 1 tin can hold 1 apple or 1 meat....and you get an opened tin can when you "use" the can which would require a can opener. Then, you can sell the tin cans back to the recycling center when it opens up with the city thing that he is going to implement later on down the road.

tin can: 1 emu

meat: 1 emu

tin can of meat: 2 emu

Sealing a tin can could require a manufacturing level of 1.

A failure of canning your food would lose the food and give you an opened can.

Opened cans are not open cans....they are ruined tin cans.

This way, it would cost you more emu to carry food. He can even implement a shelf life and have spoiled cans of fruit and spoiled cans of cooked meat. Blech! Opening a spoiled can could give you a gag reflex, decrease your stats and give you a ruined tin can.

How about have the idea of a tin can. Each tin can is able to hold one food and then you are able to put them in storage. ( sure the purpose of not being able to store food at the moment is that it would spoil )

How about have the idea of a tin can. Each tin can is able to hold one food and then you are able to put them in storage. ( sure the purpose of not being able to store food at the moment is that it would spoil )

I doubt that is the reason, after all wine isn't storable and wine is definitely storable in RL :blink: I think it is in there for "Balancing issues" IE making people use FPs, Toadstool, Bones for mixing. I don't think tin cans are very useful anyway... and use a tin bar to store food!? remember that this topic started to find a use for tin, who would even spend one tin ore to store a piece of cooked meat?

-- Duck2

The bronze armor is very useful in PK. People don't buy it that much because they mostly PvP rather than PK.

heh i know what you mean but -10 acc is too much on pk (it's really big differnece) and as long as enemy doesn't use thermal if he uses you are death :)

I'm sure there will be more uses for these ores in the future, but do people really expect these uses to be implemented (or revealed) immediately? or all at once?

Give it some time.

The bronze armor is very useful in PK. People don't buy it that much because they mostly PvP rather than PK.

Dunno, most of the penalties like -accuracy and -defence overpower the 1 less damage per hit that you take or so

and the +3 magic protection is pretty useless (like warlock cape) because always have magic immune on pk