Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
conavar

New Cloaks

Rangers Cloak:

Price: 15k

Colour: Brown & Green

Description:

Nullifies the effect of adverse conditions.Immune to all Enviromental Damage cold,heat,radiation

Dragon Cloak:

Price: 50k

Colour: White with Red Dragon heraldry

Description:

Gives Monster Magnetisism Against the Dragon

Holy Order Cloak:

Price: 12k

Colour: Black with white Cross

Description:

Gives added 5% xp to all skills that gain gods xp

IE: completed gods quests in Att and magic,Cloak gives 5% more xp in them skills

Wraith Cloak:

Price: 7k

Colour: Pale Blue

Description:

Gives the evanescence perk to wearer

Guild Cloaks:

I know it is possible for players to buy Cloaks From the Devs .I think the price is $100 to have them implemented in game ( correct me if im wrong)

It be nice if a guild had the option to do that .

Pay $100 for a guild design cloak (to have it programmed) then proberly a fee of $1-$5 per cloak bought.

It would add more diversity amongst EL and hopefully generate more money for the Devs.(who wouldnt have to programme anything till paid)

EG : Thor guild : Cloak emblazoned with Thors hammer on the back

The custom clothing already exists, you already have the capability to wear custom clothing at per-guild and per-player level.

I'd like a price too for custom clothing visible to all and not just a select few :confused:

The custom clothing already exists, you already have the capability to wear custom clothing at per-guild and per-player level.

I'd like a price too for custom clothing visible to all and not just a select few :confused:

Yes i know that but im i right n thinking they are only visible to the person who edited there El files and not the whole community? which is what im proposing

Holy Order Cloak:

"Holy" would imply that the cross has religious significance with at least one of EL's goddesses and gods (actually all if it's supposed to affect all gods you serve). Please explain :confused:

On the effect: you already get extra experience when you completed the quests for a god you serve... would be a bit much to get even more on top of that for only 12k (or 120k for that matter).

Holy Order Cloak:

"Holy" would imply that the cross has religious significance with at least one of EL's goddesses and gods (actually all if it's supposed to affect all gods you serve). Please explain :confused:

On the effect: you already get extra experience when you completed the quests for a god you serve... would be a bit much to get even more on top of that for only 12k (or 120k for that matter).

The Cross is an example . Its gives a visual referance to the idea the final design/heraldry isnt an issue it could be a Unicorn for all it mattered

Edit: incase your wondering ive got the godless perk so wouldnt benefit me in anyway.But the suggestions are not about benefiting myself but the whole of EL from old to new

Would it ? in a fighter example . do they give up there NMT cloak for an extra 5% xp

Edited by conavar

from my understanding of labrats custom clothing work, it would be very possible to have custom guild clothing that all players could see. And unlike individual player capes, therewould be less mesh baggage involved with catering for Guilds as apposed to individuals (less etra .bmp's in the dl.)

i know this has been a long awaited feature, and i also know these would selllike hot cakes.

I tihnk each cape would have to be designed by either Roja or dev artist, to keep the imagery and themes relatively close to the themes in EL, nothing too outlandish and garish...i culd imagine people wanting innapropriate things like band logos and pictures of guns etc.

Holy Order Cloak:

"Holy" would imply that the cross has religious significance with at least one of EL's goddesses and gods (actually all if it's supposed to affect all gods you serve). Please explain :icon13:

The Cross is an example . Its gives a visual referance to the idea the final design/heraldry isnt an issue it could be a Unicorn for all it mattered

Edit: incase your wondering ive got the godless perk so wouldnt benefit me in anyway.But the suggestions are not about benefiting myself but the whole of EL from old to new

Would it ? in a fighter example . do they give up there NMT cloak for an extra 5% xp

In my own opinion, better to have armor/weapons that wouldn't break often with NMT than have more exp. :) Besides, NMT reduces the chance of them them breaking by 1/4, which is better imo. I wuv my nmt cloak :) But I do like the idea on the dragon cloak though :) Edited by ELVARG

Holy Cape: Could be an option to have a cape for each God, purchasable at each Priest/ess...persnalised of course. (Unicorn - Aluwen etc etc)

Thats better idea penni then keeps in with the RPG and story element as well

should me made though if you renouce the God the cloak disapears

Guest BizieR

I lub the guild cloak idea, something you can wear to represent your guild other than your tag.

yes, but when the server needs to upload cloaks for 50 guilds in 1 map.. hmm wouldn't that be like a little overlaggy?

i mean i REALLY like this idea, but i personally think guilds should 'earn' these special items instead of PAYING MONEY AGAIN

yes, but when the server needs to upload cloaks for 50 guilds in 1 map.. hmm wouldn't that be like a little overlaggy?

i mean i REALLY like this idea, but i personally think guilds should 'earn' these special items instead of PAYING MONEY AGAIN

I for one am pretty keen to keep Entropy stocked with food so that he can develop EL...a starving God is an unproductive one.

And textures are only loaded when character comes into screen(?) It would be no different from any other texture...

Holy Cape: Could be an option to have a cape for each God, purchasable at each Priest/ess...persnalised of course. (Unicorn - Aluwen etc etc)

Thats better idea penni then keeps in with the RPG and story element as well

should me made though if you renouce the God the cloak disapears

Should you not get the cloak when you advance to maximum worship - If it breaks - you need to renounce and start worship again!

(Otherwise - you would buy many!)

I'd like a price too for custom clothing visible to all and not just a select few :)

Last I heard, purchased custom capes seen by all is not available yet, and Roja will announce when it is.

Also, I am quite sure Roja will require final approval of any design by her.

As part of the development I host my own custom clothing server (totally unofficial).

The custom meshes downloads happen in the background, and is a lot faster than you would think. The game can still be played as normal while downloads are happening.

Each item will only be downloaded once, it gets saved to a folder on your computer and will only be redownloaded if it gets deleted or udpated.