Eternal Lands Official Forums
brein

New idea...new problem?

I think toadstools are ok if you drink a feasting to get food level to 45 then toadstool to get to 55.

Other thing, toadstools are VERY slow to harvest. It is easyer to get 30 blue lupines to buy a feasting potion.

You need 4-5 toadstools to get the same as a FP.

And AFAIK 5 toadstools are slower to harvest than 30 lupines.

Opinion?

-60 mp every 20 Srs.. so, 1 restore every 40 Srs.

restore: 4 HEs, 1 Sr --> 15(sr)+25(hes) = 40gc

40 Srs = ~~12 feastings potions = 12 * 12(still 12 right?) = 144

so toadstool is way cheaper --> but takes alot more time.

i hope my calculation is correct and makes sense

maximos: restoration is 25 mp so isnt 1 sr for it

toads doesnt need adjust, they arnt something good, i think fp\'s are still batter,

according to Cycloonx post you are in minus, he make 50 HE\'s and lost 70 + sr\'s, and if u calculate HE\'s, SR\'s, antidotes, you lose more gc than with fp\'s, only good thing about toad is 55 food limit

Thats my opinion.

Cheers!

Some number of today:

I make fire essence and water essence with toadstool and fruit.

I make ~10 000 fire essence and ~5 000 water essence with 1236 toadstool, and ~~200 fruits (not count, but about that).

Fruit cooldown is no see, because I eat mushroom when cooldown.

Im poison 75 time and need restore (with crown of life) 18 time. I no use mana potion, just fast regeneration cape.

Cost for me is 75x4 health essence = ~2000gc I think and no wait time in alchemy (only time for take ingredient at storage and put in inventory).

I think its nice for thing need small food for make. For "high level" essence-armor-potion-..., probably need lot mana potion and/or antidote.

Some number of today:

Im poison 75 time and need restore (with crown of life) 18 time. I no use mana potion, just fast regeneration cape.

Cost for me is 75x4 health essence = ~2000gc I think and no wait time in alchemy (only time for take ingredient at storage and put in inventory).

Wouldn't that be 18 x 4 health essences then? (If you restored 18 times)

Ok, so do you think it needs new adjustments, or is it fine as it is?

imho ------------------------> 1st poison 5%

wile u are still poisoned --> 2nd poison 4%

wile u are still poisoned --> 3nd poison 1% and all the rest

you could said ahhh man what u think well

[22:09:42] You just got food poisoned!
[22:09:58] You just got food poisoned!
[22:10:00] You recovered 200 material points
[22:10:02] You just got food poisoned!
[22:10:12] You just got food poisoned!
[22:11:52] You recovered 183 material points

Edited by mauriciom

Why is the poison stacking on itself?=S I heard some guy got poisoned on 4 out of 5 toads while clicking fast and he got like 100-200 damage hit on him... in just some time... and also MauricoM seems to have the proof for similar situation.

Also please guys... don't look just till the end of your nose... Toadstool isn't just new and flashy and edible... It's used in potions aswell... True Sight potions, probably the most common potion to lvl with at higher lvl. And now we gotta keep up with 2EMU?...

I have planned to harvest like 140k Toadstool... now I need to go storage 2 times as many times =/ The poison is enough, most ppl sit at storages making those essensces anyway... so 2EMU, 5EMU, 10EMU doesnt matter for them, but it does for those who go back and forth in Potion Academy, aswell as for harvesters... Please reconsider this change...

Some number of today:

Yes, I make error, its 18x4 :-(

(Mmmm, I say its because too many alchemy today...)

Then cost for me = ~450gc.

Some number of today:

And how much PoFs you need for it? (i mean 10k fe and 5k water ess)

Some number of today:

And how much PoFs you need for it? (i mean 10k fe and 5k water ess)

I no use feasting potion for this essence,but its more fast (cooldown = 0)

Good for big sell often i think.

I think you should leave it as it is. There great and will really benefit everyone.

i made about 5k fe's today with them. They are pretty good for that. For other items you have to eat a lot more, so the poison might be too bad.

It can be used as a nice addition to feasting pots, tho. For example while making steel bars, your FPs dont cooldown fast enough, so you can eat them when its cooling down.

I dont think they are too good, and thats coming from someone with about 15k FPs in storage.

if the damage is 70 per poison, a col user with 250 HP would already take three poisons with 4 HE and 1.25 SR. That is statistically 600 food. Very nice no cooldown. But it is very risky. You really burn through 100 shrooms like its nothing, if a few of them poison you in a row the effect can become critical like I incompetently discovered, dying for the first time in a storage.

I think a good compromise for max mixing speed is to use FP and then shrooms during cooldown.

I took several and got poisoned about 3 times. I died in a storage as well because I couldn't heal after reconnecting which took so long that the poison killed me. Don't risk getting poisoned if you keep being disconnected and there's a delay when u reconnect.

Todstoal + CoL is still pain in ass. Making SRs with it was not that nice after all. I would say it's quite well balanced.

Only shame that I don't have Todstoal in my Death Counter now:(

Todstoal + CoL is still pain in ass. Making SRs with it was not that nice after all. I would say it's quite well balanced.

Only shame that I don't have Todstoal in my Death Counter now:(

How can something be well balanced when it kills people doing the most peaceful thing you can do in the game?.. I heard from a guy that was making HEs... He had to use up all his HEs just to stay alive...is that balanced?

If the poision is staying at that 5% rate then the Weight has to be changed so you can compensate with brining HEs to where ever your making things... HE Weight + Toadstool Weight will be big... if Toadstool is 2EMU it will be HUGE...

For balancing:

1. Reduce the poision damage and risk.

and/or (2EMU is crap for potioners and harvesters)

2. Make EMU == 1 again so people can bring HEs with since its obviously needed...

Edited by Beaverhunter

I haven't been in game to experiment, but what about the time factor?

Feasting Potion has a cooldown of 10 seconds.

A similar amount of food from toadstools would be to eat (5) of them. I'm guessing you can only eat 1 per second. So what have you saved? 5 seconds? And we're right back to heavy clicking to eat. :P

And then there is the weight factor. Feasting Potion is (5) emu. Toadstool is (2) emu, so a similar food level to match a feasting potion is (10) emu.

For those who take food to the mines to do some work there, it would mean MORE trips since you are weighted down with toadstools.

Sounds like Toadstools will not replace feasting potions altogether, both for the points I've made and those others have made, but become a strategy. To know WHEN to use them. I know many have been using cooked meat for things like FE and WE already as a strategy.

Edited by Ghrae

How can something be well balanced when it kills people doing the most peaceful thing you can do in the game?.. I heard from a guy that was making HEs... He had to use up all his HEs just to stay alive...is that balanced?

If the poision is staying at that 5% rate then the Weight has to be changed so you can compensate with brining HEs to where ever your making things... HE Weight + Toadstool Weight will be big... if Toadstool is 2EMU it will be HUGE...

For balancing:

1. Reduce the poision damage and risk.

and/or (2EMU is crap for potioners and harvesters)

2. Make EMU == 1 again so people can bring HEs with since its obviously needed...

Then don't use them.

There are other options: fruit, meat, feasting potions...the point of these wasn't to bypass cooldown easily and freely, it was to give an option that had some benefits but a cost as well. YOU the player chooses what works best for you.

Ghrae, you can use 2 per second. Your food level is up to 55. It has quite many advantages. The fact that after eating 200 you're losing around 50-60 mps in one hit is something you just have to calculate.

No risk, no gain. If you don't like dying use PoFs and pay for them. It's really simple.

Sounds like Toadstools will not replace feasting potions altogether, both for the points I've made and those others have made, but become a strategy. To know WHEN to use them. I know many have been using cooked meat for things like FE and WE already as a strategy.

Exactly, that's why I vote for leaving it as it is.

Balanced doesn't mean "so that it's cheap and east for me".