Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ambrosius

Why dont people PK anymore?

I read this thread and problems are:

1. no drops, no trophy, rost problem

2. big difference in a/d

3. BroD

About #2, this could be tricky to program but i\'ll say it :brooding:

Why not to ad some p/c/a/d limit on pk maps, i mean if u put limit a/d 90, than who is above 90 will have 90 a/d, than wouldnt be all about armor/weapon/a/d, it would more reflect on team work, alliances, a bit strategy (el pk isnt about strategy, but..), etc.

P.S. i know that top pk-ers wont like it, they spend a lot of time to get where they are, but you should give a chance to those who never pk and who wont but cant

Cheers!

Why not to ad some p/c/a/d limit on pk maps, i mean if u put limit a/d 90
you mean like the 40 limit in the DP arena, and the 60 limit in the naralik catacombs arena? *cough*search-first*cough*

I have also 1 questions for Mufossa and Luciferx, what do they think of an oldschool PK map?

Do they preffer to have some nice fights with junk stuff( serp, iron plate etc) than noone/very short fights with all the best equip that exist in game?( plz dont say that u r not PKers, coz i know u both like fights :brooding:

eMPi

I have seen MufossA many many times w/o COL in PK maps, and when the 'Total Wars' was implemented, we had some nice wars with ^v^, in old-school stuff, me & Atlantis at Votd stor in Leathers n Serp, it's good.

But it's hard, for someone in leathers/tit chain to last long, with the streght of the Summoning Stones, and there price, not to mention peoples p/c, and the weapons/armours, you don't stand much of a chance. And it's going to take more than one person who wears Leathers/Tit chains to get old-sk00l PK'ing back.

I don't think there will ever be a fix, some people train 14 hours a day, trying to get top a/d, and not to have fun in the game. What is getting stronger going to do for you? Make people run away from you faster? Make noone fight you?

Maybe if stuff was back to old skewL it would make PK better.

- Liq.

#Edit - Just saw Ents post about the 'No Rosto Day' people will still wear COL I guess, whats a COL nowadays? 55k? Thats 1day work. lol. I can't wait to see this day if it is implemented, one thing could pwn everything lol. :P

Edited by Chosen

I didn't mean to insult anyone, I am just saying PVE is not good enough here to say PK is not needed.

I will take this conversation with you in private.

Tho, I must say this game is wonder for 30 mb game. I am not joking.

Well, obviously players must enjoy PVE more than PVP, because as some of you remarked (which is the truth) the PK is almost dead. I tried all kind of things to revitalize it, but if none of them work, well, then I'd better focus my resources on more lucrative things, such as the player owned cities. I am sure that most of the players will like that.

pk is still dead because of the same reasons..

I tried all kind of things to revitalize

That is true and the Devs could if they wished try other things to try and revitalize it even further but would they be worth it ?

No rostos,old school Pk maps etc etc could all be implemented but would it change anything ? or would we be having this same convo in 3 months time but about differant issues .

Personally I dont think Pk will change for the better until players attitude and mindset towards PK change,people in my opinion have got to stop seeing Pk as a way to win uber items and more of a contest between 2 human controlled characters and yes i agree cost is an issue for players and no one wants to lose 200k's worth of items but no one is forced to wear 200k items but they do and Why ?

1) other pkers wear them so to be equal you have to

2) certain players dont want to lose ,the games not about the fun its about the winning " Im going to wear all my best items in Pk so I pwn everyone"

Its the win at any costs mentality ,which is also another reason Pk might suffer because i dont think the majority of the EL community thinks like that .Thats why no drop day is so popular ,players who wouldnt normaly go into Pk arenas can go and have FUN without the risk of some Uber fighter just jumping on them and taking there items ( if certain Pkers find it fun to kill anyone who walks into a Pk area even if thoses people are 50-100 levels lower than them ,well they only got themselves to blame the Pk is dying)

Pk should be all about Fun not "what can i win"

Is Pk dead no just yet but seriously on life support and the answer to reviving it holds not in Ents/the devs hands but in the players themselves.

Edit: totally agree with Ent he shouldnt be concerned about just one small aspect of the game ( ie pking) he has got to look at the game as a whole and not seperate parts and make it fun for the majority (I want say all because cant please everyone all the time)

Personally I dont think Pk will change for the better until players attitude and mindset towards PK change,people in my opinion have got to stop seeing Pk as a way to win uber items and more of a contest between 2 human controlled characters and yes i agree cost is an issue for players and no one wants to lose 200k's worth of items but no one is forced to wear 200k items but they do and Why ?

1) other pkers wear them so to be equal you have to

2) certain players dont want to lose ,the games not about the fun its about the winning " Im going to wear all my best items in Pk so I pwn everyone"

Its the win at any costs mentality ,which is also another reason Pk might suffer because i dont think the majority of the EL community thinks like that .Thats why no drop day is so popular ,players who wouldnt normaly go into Pk arenas can go and have FUN without the risk of some Uber fighter just jumping on them and taking there items ( if certain Pkers find it fun to kill anyone who walks into a Pk area even if thoses people are 50-100 levels lower than them ,well they only got themselves to blame the Pk is dying)

Pk should be all about Fun not "what can i win"

Is Pk dead no just yet but seriously on life support and the answer to reviving it holds not in Ents/the devs hands but in the players themselves.

Edit: totally agree with Ent he shouldnt be concerned about just one small aspect of the game ( ie pking) he has got to look at the game as a whole and not seperate parts and make it fun for the majority (I want say all because cant please everyone all the time)

I agree with you, and i wrote almost the same thing 2 pages before :brooding: (with other words, but we think about the same thing)

Kaito/ Brain, u know i like u, but i see u r getting owned by Pedro.

U r smart person, but u dont have pk experience, for same reason i would get owned in Crafting/manuing thread. U say u play long, thats true.

I play some time this game too, and even thought i killed ~30k of c2 monsters( including yetis, arctic chims and giants) im a c2 n00b, coz i got lost when i tryied find nord redmoon.

eMPi

Smart words... Anyway i think the biggest problem of DonPedro is shop (rest, i mean bots and cheats, doeasn't exist, try play silkroad or other game, in el this is really on low lvl) and dunno, i can't say a lot about this, becouse i didn't have problem with this, anyway...

Poeple wait a moment and think, this topic have 8 pages already. And what we know? Yeah we have few ideas, i saw three (if i miss something please tell) here is the simplest version:

First Idea: Cheaper rosts, or no drops from PK.

Second Idea: Oldschool PK map, best armor full iron, no rosts,no BoDs,no BroDs,no NMTs,no Invisible,no new swords etc.

And last idea: Everything is good, don't change anything.

Now question is, do you want to test this ideas? And if yes, then how? 3 differen PK maps? Or 3 different days (no drop day, oldchool day, and random day)?

Edited by brein

erm. we already have a no-drop day, which usually results in the PK maps being busy

and ent has said he'll try a no-rost day... based on the risks of losing stuff, that will probably mean people only using chain or iron plate... granted, summoning and magic has developed a bit since iron plate was the norm, but so have people's stats and ability to fight back (smite summoned, for example)

erm. we already have a no-drop day, which usually results in the PK maps being busy

and ent has said he'll try a no-rost day... based on the risks of losing stuff, that will probably mean people only using chain or iron plate... granted, summoning and magic has developed a bit since iron plate was the norm, but so have people's stats and ability to fight back (smite summoned, for example)

No really? But how can you see, some people doesn't agree with me, and they think this won't work... And that won't change anything...

Why not to ad some p/c/a/d limit on pk maps, i mean if u put limit a/d 90
you mean like the 40 limit in the DP arena, and the 60 limit in the naralik catacombs arena? *cough*search-first*cough*

Not exactly, more like TS pots, in dp arena players with a/d above 40 cant fight i didnt mean like that.

As i said like TS pots, when some1 with eg a/d 100 enter pk map his a/d lowers to eg 90/90 same for p/c.

I hope You understand batter now.

Cheers!

Come on guys, what is the point being suicide maniac going to PK area where one or more top20 a/d players are? ;) It is a few-seconds fight...

Many people gave up playing this game because of so big differences. Yes, You tried to fix this problem by adding PK areas for certain levels - there is still a huge gap which should be filled by PK area for players ~90 a/d.

As person who fights monsters for experience I can say NO, IT IS NOT fun hunting for hours (very often for more than 6 hours) just to get 20% for next level...

Btw. I am playing another game these days, one called Regnum. What I think is fun in Regnum (among other things), and is MISSING (yes, i know about "quests" in EL, but those few does not count) in Eternal Lands, are QUESTS.

So, my suggestion to Entropy is to gather skilled story-writers and make various quests (for various levels of experience, and for various types of characters, so, for an instance hig-level manufacturer can finish some extra-difficult quest, and gather valuable experience points in that skill).

Come on guys, what is the point being suicide maniac going to PK area where one or more top20 a/d players are? ;) It is a few-seconds fight...

Eternal lands have ,dunno, maybe 3k+ players, not only 20. And again, do u remember no drop day? Players don't care about die, if they die they go to pk again.

Edited by brein

In my case I don't know how yet! But I'm a really mean and nasty guy, yah, you betcha!! ;)

I've got a post here in General Chat asking for advice on turning into a fighter, all suggestions welcome!

a bit off topic

Dejan quests are great when you play single player game, you are suppose to interact with players here, not NPCs ... (I miss interacting with you btw ;)), besides 'quests' will not heal pk'ing situation.

That was more or less my reply to Entropy. I admit my post is little bit off-topic. I just wanted to reply to him that it is not more funny to hunt animals than to PK... ;)

More quests will definitely be more funny.

Parties + quests (where many people are going for the same quest, and they help each other) rules. Parties should also be in EL too...

Wow, many posts here on 1 night. ;)

I just wanted to say something about a post of Entropy.

A non-rostogol map for aug leathers and a serp, who'd go there? I would for sure.

Serps are my favorite weapon and if I can get some in that map, I'd go there for sure. :P

Winning aug leathers makes you have some extra training armor too. Which is something everyone can use.

I'd like to see it, but off course its up to you.

-Blee

Once I implement the non rost day, I'll see how much that helps (or doesn't) the combat.

I think this a GREAT way to test the theory about how much effect Rost stones have on PK activity. If it's even a quarter as popular as no-drop day is then it might be worth making some specific PK maps no-rost areas. And if it isn't popular enough to be worth changing maps, it at least will be another interesting #day in the mix.

NO1 can go work up the gc 4 1.000 rostogol stones, what i was told 1 player had in storage, what purpose on kill 1 with 1.000 rostogol stones?

Yeah, and you believe everything you hear? No one has 1K rostos in storage, that would be like 4K USD.

But let's talk a little about being fair now.

We have teo people: One that has a job and can play only 4 hours a day, and one that is self employed, or a student in vacation, and can play 12 hours a day.

Obviously, all thing being equal, the one playing more will have an undisputed advantage over the one playing less. Are you suggesting now that I should limit the duration on how much each player cna play the game, to equalize things?

Anyway, despite for people's complaints, there is a lot of activity in the game, and it seems that the PK is not really that needed afterall. If people don't care that much about the PKing, then I can focus my atention to other skills.

"Yeah, and you believe everything you hear? No one has 1K rostos in storage, that would be like 4K USD."

No i dont believe anything i hear, but with my experince, in other threat i told i had around 50 screenshots of xanter's (i call him here X) death, i started on make the screenshots after i tried this: X comes into KF i kill him fast, like 2 min after X comes into KF again, i send X to hell fast again, 2 min after..... it happend like 5-6 times every day 4 more than 1 week, then i started make the screenshots of X's deathmessages.

Then after i quit a player told me he where showed 1K rostogol, from another $player, it fited perfectly into what i thougth, where in the h... does he get all those rostogol from!!!!

"But let's talk a little about being fair now.

We have teo people: One that has a job and can play only 4 hours a day, and one that is self employed, or a student in vacation, and can play 12 hours a day."

I just ask woot if its other way around the guy that can play 12 hours aday can/will put alot $'s into his char the player that can play 4 hours aday cant/willnot put alot $'s into his char.

U cant put fairness up that way.

"Are you suggesting now that I should limit the duration on how much each player cna play the game, to equalize things?"

U put words in my mouth i didnt say, but i would say IF its the alternative to massive buy in EL-shop, yes then do that, put a max playtime to like 4-6 hours aday, i suppose that wouldnt be popular thou ;)

But that is no good idea!!!

B4 i quit we had a guy (as far as i rember it where old Doctor char) i had my thougths about accept him into ^v^, but the others wanted him, he 4sure bougth several t.serp in el-shop, not 4 own use but 4 sell to gain ingame gc, i know 4sure he sold 4 t.serp 4 like 450K each.

I state again its NOT solo ELshop i'm against.

But the "abuse" of ELshop is just 1 thing that with the other things like figth spoiling items, PK-bots, rostogol... makes figthing that much less fun.

I too never said theres no activety in EL, its the figthing i talk about, i still have contact with several EL oldies, some still "play", all say PK is dead in EL, i only hear 2 of the around 20 i have contact with say they still figth(without buy massive in shop), i personaly simply DONT get how they do, i got that much spoiled in my figths i couldnt keep a positive balance in income/expences, just b4 i quit i had 5 figths against toomass, xanter, matess, all 5 figths cost me my mirror, i had > 40 of em, but if every figth 1 goes i would soon run out of mirrors, and end up have to buy some t.serp to sell ingame to get gc.

I ask u how will any WITHOUT buy massive in EL-shop ever be able to buy his nex's with the h.bars???

The $players can get em instant, is that fair?? I personaly would hava had to reset Don instant, then bougth the nex's if i still had played, cos the $players will do it soon if they not already did it, u cant figth some1 the has all his gained PP in p/c and none in nex, i had 18 PP in nex i would't stand a chance with 18 PP wasted on nex's.

I know Starcraft/Broodwar is a well knowen game, it had a cheat code that gave u 10.000 of each resource, if u played against a player that used the cheat code else u got 200 of each i think it where, u wouldnt stand a chance against him in the game if u DIDNT use it too, some (mostly kids/lowIQ) would think it where fun win a game with the use of cheat codes.

If u recall when we ingame talked about cheatclients, i told u i used a cheatclient too 4 a short time, stopped use it cos i never died in PK, but equal players have most fun, soo i felt i HAD to use it, if i wanted a figth against em, i had no chance with #2 - #6 players gangabanging Don, i dammed HAD to use 1, to make a fair figth.

But the at that time 99% of the top figthers used 1, it where use 1 or loose figth, u did get it stopped, hat off.

Its not fair 1 use client with autorestore/-manarefill, or u maybe think it 100% fair if they just bougth the client in EL shop, its fait cos all can buy a cheatclient, or when u think its not fair anymore, i played long enough to rember when u sold stats 4$'s too.

I point out i DO understand that $'s have to go to dev/expences, and i like the p2p way u implemented it, i just say about p2p races, u made a major mistake give em permanent, u lost u monthly income, i would have payed up to like 20$ a month 4 the p2p race, ofcause i accept it cheaper when u offer it, but u shouldnt have done it.

Edited typo "it happend like 56 times"

Edited by DonPedro

A non rostogol PK map would be a neat idea, but I really don't see many people going there. I mean, maybe they will in the beginning, because of the novelty factor, but after that they would not go there often because no one will go there with expensive stuff, so what's the point in PKing someone to get an augmented leather armor + a serp sword?

Once I implement the non rost day, I'll see how much that helps (or doesn't) the combat.

I think like you, pr0 will go there on begining becouse they want to get some stuff, but weaker players won't becouse they doesn't want to lose any items, then pr0 won't go there becouse, newbie doesn't go... etc. I think this is close circle.

Good points there Pedro, especially about Nexuses and buying items for $ to be rich ingame. THAT ruins fun NOT pking :P

"THAT ruins fun NOT pking" <- that i dont get!!!

Good points there Pedro, especially about Nexuses and buying items for $ to be rich ingame. THAT ruins fun NOT pking :P

"THAT ruins fun NOT pking" <- that i dont get!!!

1.Buy 2 thermal serps for real money and sell it ingame. You gain enough money for buying hydro bars for free nexuses.

2.Buying 2 more thermal serps for real money can provide you armor + nmt cloak for training --> faster leveling --> players who pays $ have advantage --> ruins fun.

Got it now?

And for those "Can't play much, so I'll pay $ instead of hard working ingame", if I wanted to pay for a game and if I could afford it I would play World of warcraft or something.

As expected, this turned into flames so it is closed.

If you don't enjoy PKing in EL, well, then go PK in other games. We can't satisfy everyone, and it is not our goal to satisfy everyone. There are many other free MMOs out there, and there are many non free MMOs. If other games make you happy, then by all means, go play them.

And one other thing for the naysayers:

I looked today on how many PK deaths we had today (22th of January).

I removed the death of the ants, to make it fair:

-bash-2.05b$ cat pk.log| grep "Mon Jan 22"|grep -iv "ant"|wc -l

So we had 182 PK deaths today. I wouldn't say that the PK is dead.

PK deaths today. I wouldn't say that the PK is dead.