Eternal Lands Official Forums
MagpieLee

Monopoly EL style.

Lets have some fun and whack some ideas how we can turn an internationally renouned game ... EL style :P

We need Squares, Counters (like the Iron and the dog), Chance and Community style cards, houses, hotels, 4 stations, 2 taxes (income and supertax).

I reckon the two utilities should be Tankel and Heavybeard, Wraith for Go!, Underworld for 'Jail' and Joker for free parking ;):pirate:

monopoly.gif

Edited by MagpieLee

haha, that would be pretty sweet Lee.

For characters we can have some races and others animals or monsters!

I'd so buy EL monoply if it ever went on sale

The go to jail space can be "Mod in Demigod"...sent straight to underworld :pirate:

The Chance cards could be "Mother Nature" cards.

The Community Chest could be "Pick Points" cards

Hotels could be temples.

4 stations could be the 4 major magic schools... Naralik, TG, Arius, Palon Vertas

One tax could be the GAIWS tax ;)

lol at above pic, and i love this, i would definately buy the game if it came out EL style

the properties would have to be maps. IP and rat cave could be mediteranian and baltic avenue. with parkplace and boardwalk being imbrig islands and the hydro cave. id have to pull out a board and a list of map names but i could figure it all out. i might do that with all the "free time" i will have due to this.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=30220

I look forward to seeing pics of your monopoly game. I think caves should be used for various squares.

Maybe taverns instead of hotels?

hehe. People think I'm actually making this myself...

this isn't true. I'm only just having fun. But if anyone is interested in making this possible (online or physically) you will have my fully support.

Anyway, maybe the cards should be Joker and Mother Nature? I was thinking Go! is the Wraith because everyone needs to go back there to cash in their pps. Or maybe Go! is #save

And since the maps are quite similar, we'd have to list the 'streets/places' to monsters and animals. Mayfair would be Giant, Old Kent Road would be brown rabbit :P

"You have won 2nd place in a pk contest. Collect 10gc" ;D

i made a dragon ball z monopoly once when i where a kid =p

pr0 :P

i r wanna make Monopoly with stupid kids like ******* and ******* .... ;)

ok, im actually working on one, it might take me a while but i have 2 Weeks w/o anything better to do so....here i go, ill post things that im not sure about. or if i want more suggestions

P.S. it would more be a thing to look at and mabey print out but not online or anything, i dont have the knowlege to do that.

ok, so its kinda rough but thats along the lines of what the player peices would look like using a few different monsters, and of course one of each playable race, (would have to have noticable differences.)

femgob.jpg

i could see the "utilities" being hydro ore and wolfram ore. and the railroad, as said earlier in here i believe, could be the main magic schools.

edit: i personally really like the idea of the hydro and wolfram ores being the utilities, and i wanted to put them as parkplace and boardwalk earlier phhhbt, what was i thinking.

Edited by Happy_G

We all have our versions of EL monopoly in our minds. In my version, the utilities are Tankel and Heavybeard since they are the guys who fix things. But hey its a nice feeling when

yeah, good idea with tankel and beard, but they fix things. water and electricity are things that everyone uses and in theory everyone should use something (eventually) that is made from hydro and wolfram ore. the new swords and armor. also it kinda makes it seem like your buying tankle, and i dont like the idea of buying people.

i almost want to buy one of those specialty boards. it would be cool

dont waste ur time ,i win this game anyways

i always beat my little brother eazzzzzy

yo i put this hotel here and there, take ehs money when he dont look aight

ummm....no offence scarr, but this thread isnt about who would beat who at a game of monopoly, i have some tricks up my sleve that usually let me win the game, i win the most out of my family, i would actually love to play against some of you guys sometime.

but anyway this thread is just about ideas for a monopoly board. please stick to the topic

sum1 trustworthy could set up a board, get other to play, the person rolls for them, asks them if they wnanna buy, etc

maybe have a webcam on the board to show what the current status is?

u could do that to play sum other ELians