Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gohan

Fire Shield spell.

An idea for a new spell.

Fire Shield

Everytime you're hit in combat, the fire shield hits all of your opponents for 5 fire damage. It lasts for 45 seconds.

Essences:

5 Fire essences

5 Magic essences

Magic level required: 45

Sigils: Create, Temporary, Fire, Protection.

What ya think?

-Blee

Edited by BleedingSoul

Create Fire Protection already exists. But its for cold protection.

K, sorry, edited that.

-Blee

I like the sound it it. Its kinda like enchantment. But if your fighting vs something with full leather, would the fire damage be negated (because they'd have a lotta fire prot).

What about changing it to suit the RPers.

Create Magic Fire Spirit

Where it gives you your added fire attack, some cool visual affects and upon your death (provided its effects aren't worn off) it does 5-10 damage to all surrounders (like self-destruct perk).

The idea was kind of to serve you in battle and not at your death.

True that leather would negate this. But what about iron plate? If you're wearing that, this'll be a painful spell to fight.

-Blee

Maybe I wasn't clear. But I the idea of that fire spirit exploding was an addition to something you preposed.

Since you said that it only worked if you're hit, not the one hitting someone. And you used the Protection sigil, I don't think it actually protects you, just counters the attacker. Its more of a deterence. ;)

Oops, yes you're right, I didn't read it well. And its true what you say about 'Protection' sigil. But hey this is a suggestion. And I wasn't sure about which sigils to use. But seeing as it is a Fire Shield I figured the 'Protection' sigil would be best.

-Blee

maybe a shield that does that function can be good?

Titanium Shield of Fire

+8 defense

Does 5 Fire Damage as you defend yourself.(once your opponent hits you then you hit him/her/it with 5 fire damage.

Required

Titanium Shield ings+2 EFE

Titanium Shield book

Titanium shield of Fire book

Titanium Shield of Enchanted Fire

+8 defense

5 damage everytime your opponent hits you

Enchanted Fire Power:once you get hit you have a %10 chance to hit your opponent with 5+20 hp

Titanium shield ings

3 EFE

1 Enriched Magic Essence

Titanium Shield Book

Titanium Shield of Fire Book

Titanium Shield of Enchanted Fire Book

How's that?

spell is much better, we dont need more items like that for the rich people to buy lmfao

good idea though, efreeti Heroes of M&M: 4 anyone? :P

spell is much better, we dont need more items like that for the rich people to buy lmfao

good idea though, efreeti Heroes of M&M: 4 anyone? :P

Kinda where I got the idea yes. Thank LochnessLobster for telling me about that game.

-Blee

And so we got suspended for 7 days for this smart comment.

And OT, that's a good idea, I will consider it.

And so we got suspended for 7 days for this smart comment.

And OT, that's a good idea, I will consider it.

As for the stupid comment. I don't know what OT stands for. >.> :P

-Blee

Tit Plate would negate the spell entirely

Sure, if you wish to think that Tit plate gives 5 fire protection, lol.

Only Greaves, Cuisses and Helm gives magic/cold/fire protection. And thats a +1. Mostly people use the CoL instead of Titanium Helm tho.

So according to me, you've got 2 fire protection to negate 5 fire damage. :D That'll work out nicely. :P

-Blee

sounds nice, and gives a single spellcaster a way to manage groups of opponents :wacko:

now, fire shield sounds like its protecting from fire.

i would rename it to fire aura, as i would envision the effect as a sheet of fire covering the body of the caster, and flaring out do damage everyone when the caster is hit.

Edited by duran

I like the idea of a spell that does damage to someone who hits you :)

Maybe there can also be other spells like this, with a different type of damage? (like snowy stuff or something)

5 fire damage.

I was thinking 2 things here:

1) There is a range. The damage can be random between a minimum and maximum. This way, sometimes the damage would be 0, or low enough to be absorbed by armor.

2) Based on the level, the minimum and maximum could go up. It shouldn't be all that much though. But let's say magic 45 has a range of [0,5] and it goes up by 1 on one side per level. So you get a range of [1,5] at magic 46. Magic 47 gives [1,6] and so on. Till you get to level 55 with the max of [5,10].

Was just a little extra :)

now, fire shield sounds like its protecting from fire.

i would rename it to fire aura, as i would envision the effect as a sheet of fire covering the body of the caster, and flaring out do damage everyone when the caster is hit.

Exactly! From the start of this thread, I've been thinking Fire Protection is not the correct word. Fire aura would be perfect :wacko:

- Cyp :D

EDIT: typos

Edited by Cyprom

hmm, now that i think about it, how about having a ice version to?

nothing like getting severe frost bite :blink:

btw, longer ranged weapons, like longswords and staffs should reduce or eliminate the damage as the person isnt realy in contact with the enemy.

throw in some monsters with a buildt in ability similar to these spells and presto, a reason for using weapons when combating monsters :dry: