Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest stalag

pk point system

Guest stalag

Based on hardcore suggestion :

i suggest they make pk more profitable like a point system..

for example with 10.000 amount of points you can get a cutlass at an npc

I think its a great ideia, would put more ppl in pk for a sure.

Every month the point system could be cleared and start over again.

A pk top chart could be created and every 3 months, 6 months or once a year the top pk players could receive a very special item.

Some rules must be enforced to not allow abuse, cheating...

Overall seems a neat way to bring pk breath again.

Easy to abuse.

do

"Hi can I kill you? I'll let you to kill me later so you get points too."

"Sure \o/"

loop

Yes, that would be nice.

Another ideas:

- Lets say you get 100 points when kill someone at your lvl. If you kill someone stronger, u get more points, and of course less points if you kill a weak one.

- Some kind of trigger to make you gain no points if you kill the same person in a given time period;

Some Ideas near to that

GuildWAR

Then would be a top Guild list. To set a GW, the GM's would use #set_guild_war guildname on/off. to establish a GW, both GM from the 2 guilds must agree with a GW, and once the GW is ON, both must agree to cancel the GW.

Chaos x Order

Guilds that want to choose a side, will fight against other side and won points on the top.

Just some complements :angry:

Easy to abuse.

do

"Hi can I kill you? I'll let you to kill me later so you get points too."

"Sure \o/"

loop

Well, stalag already mentioned that you'd need some rules

lets say player X kills player Y

player X gains a point, player Y looses (dying has to have a penalty) a point

BUT

NO gain/loss, if

*) player Y is from same IP (prevents alts etc.)

*) player X already killed player Y in the last month (or whatever period set) (prevents getting a buddy dying for you over and over again), this would probably need a bunch of work :angry:

Perhaps adjust points gained/lost dependant on level of opponent as suggested above, say scale of 1 to 10, killing a stronger guy gives more points, loosing to a stronger guy makes you loose less points. Same level would be 5 points. This system could (still) be abused though...

Edited by Ermabwed

I think it would be a great idea. Like they said though it would have to have some rules. And the thing that would worry me is about allied guilds...if some people would turn to have more people to kill?

i like this idea alot!

GuildWAR

Then would be a top Guild list. To set a GW, the GM's would use #set_guild_war guildname on/off. to establish a GW, both GM from the 2 guilds must agree with a GW, and once the GW is ON, both must agree to cancel the GW.

and i think guild wars is an excelent idea :angry::P:)

~1st

player X already killed player Y in the last month (or whatever period set) (prevents getting a buddy dying for you over and over again)

When player y makes 20 alts to let them kill by player x, and player x makes 20 alts to let them kill by player y they also have easy kills. This system is easy to abuse and will be hard to keep abusers out of the top list...

i like this idea alot!

GuildWAR

and i think guild wars is an excelent idea :):):)

~1st

Excellent Idea :)

To reduce abuse it might work better for gaining a point when you kill someone carrying a Rostogal stone. That way you get something for killing someone whether they have a Rostogal or not, and prevent the controlled cooperative killing at the same time.

Edited by Earl

player X already killed player Y in the last month (or whatever period set) (prevents getting a buddy dying for you over and over again)

When player y makes 20 alts to let them kill by player x, and player x makes 20 alts to let them kill by player y they also have easy kills. This system is easy to abuse and will be hard to keep abusers out of the top list...

Well, that one is easy to solve. Gain/loose point only if you haven't gained/lost a point from/to somebody from same IP, perhaps needs to check all current IPs of people you have killed/have been killed by so far,

Edited by Ermabwed

Yeah but most people with rostos are high level people that most people cant kill :)

"most people" :)

I seen people with 30s a/d in pk with their pr0 full iron plate and rosto

Yeah but most people with rostos are high level people that most people cant kill :)

Yeah but most Pr0s have rostos...not many lower level ad do. Dont get me wrong some people do but not alot.

Yeah but most people with rostos are high level people that most people cant kill :(

lol, the rosto is worth more than the full iron :)

Yeah but most people with rostos are high level people that most people cant kill :(

"most people" :blink:

Yeah but most Pr0s have rostos...not many lower level ad do. Dont get me wrong some people do but not alot.

real pros fight old school with no rosto :D

anyway, u are making quite an assumption in saying that most people cannot kill those with rostos..

original idea was to make this point thingy available to all, not just top pk players.

items would require alot of points so the game doesn't get flooded with items, something like karma could work with this (kill weaker players and you get - points, kill around your lvl or higher get + points)

if this gets done then ppl will have to choose "hmm shall i go training or pk to get x amount of points for that plate i wanted?"

so more pk and profit from pk = more happy faces from fighters :D:):(:):) :blink:

edit: btw for the proxy/tunneling i think proxy/tunneling is illegal cuz of red flags or sumthing O.o

anyway thats what i read in another topic some time ago.. some guy tunneling brought up red flags..

Edited by Hardcore

lol there is alway's someone you can kill...

like scarr beating donpedro and dragonsyoung with only 70's a/d O.o

so it's possible you can kill some1.. stats ain't everything

that was before cooldown without cols/thermals

but it might stil be possible with all these new toys

will change if people can earn points or maby even lose points :wub:

die = lose point, so people wont abuse the system or w/e