Eternal Lands Official Forums
eagleprince

Char with glasses ...

Hi All,

I was trying to create a new char, but I wanted glasses... :P

I wanted to be elf or human, since I did not want to remind myself of my RL height erm...challenges! :)

In any case I was having a look at Roja's artwork thread and suddenly realised that I had only seen the short races (gnome/dwarf) wearing glasses. OMG and lochness come to mind, but I can't remember many others. IIRC, I did not have that option when creating my alt. Am I missing something in the char creation process?

Glasses are part of the gnome head options, you can't get any other character with glasses. They aren't an "option" on their own.

Actually I've wanted to make glasses weable for all races, but as an accessory. I'm still in need of a programmer :P

It wouldn't need extra programming if accessory wasn't added as separate equipment type and glasses would replace helm instead.

ah great i got a Gnome race so i could have glasses and it cost me money and now you're sayng it'll be free? -_-

It wouldn't need extra programming if accessory wasn't added as separate equipment type and glasses would replace helm instead.

but that's not the proper way to do it.

ah great i got a Gnome race so i could have glasses and it cost me money and now you're sayng it'll be free? -_-

Further research shows that all other races get free contact lenses. Unfortunatly the gnomes chose to pay for the minimal medical plan so only glasses were available to them on the national elf service......

Further research shows that all other races get free contact lenses. Unfortunatly the gnomes chose to pay for the minimal medical plan so only glasses were available to them on the national elf service......

makes perfect sense