Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ShYne

Augmented Armour

I broke 5 pants and 2 torso' s in a 15 minute run on armed orcs.(day 1)

I broke 3 pants and 1 torso in a 20 minute run on armed orcs. (day2)

and I broke 1 torso in a pvp fight with cycloonx wich lasted about 14 hits

yeah breakrate is a little to high. but its a great set of armour, just wish there were boots to go with it.

my 2 cents

Hype

Edited by Hyperion

I broke 5 pants and 2 torso' s in a 15 minute run on armed orcs.(day 1)

I broke 3 pants and 1 torso in a 20 minute run on armed orcs. (day2)

and I broke 1 torso in a pvp fight with cycloonx wich lasted about 14 hits

yeah breakrate is a little to high. but its a great set of armour, just wish there were boots to go with it.

my 2 cents

Hype

Yeah it should be decrease , looks cool but needs to last longger , or its impossible to pk with without spend 3k on a few sets since it breaks easy

once again hyperion like your signature :P

enjoy school zoin

Edited by Kasane

Yeah it should be decrease , looks cool but needs to last longger , or its impossible to pk with without spend 3k on a few sets since it breaks easy

once again hyperion like your signature :P

enjoy school zoin

haha ty, I still like it myself so it will stay for another while :icon13:

and yeah I agree with you on it. pk is expensive enough as it is since you hardly get a drop. and waste rosto' s. these armours are absolutely great for pvping and training. but they just simply break to fast.

Hype

Yeah and I can understand that.

since hardly anybody comes to the test server to test the items... so he tests them ingame at the price of players loosing those items and suchs cause they don' t test them. i' d say hes giving us what we deserve on that part :icon13: (well atleast the players who don' t go to the test server :P )

hype

Stop complaining, they were suppose to be easy to break from the day Ent said they are going to be in game.

Breaking rate is fine if you consider the stats of this armour.

I fully agree with you two, the break rate is supposed to be high and that, but still it's a bit too high I think, but...

...what the heck is this doing in greetings? :P

since hardly anybody comes to the test server to test the items...

I think more players would test things on test server if they would know what to look for ... I for one would have been there and kicked some monster behind to test new armour. "Go test" is just a bit vague, wandering aimlessly through lots of empty maps is just not as much fun as enjoying the game on the official server :P

I broke too many augmented pants too fast to make it worthwhile training in them for me (first one lasted for 35 clops then i lost 4 in 6 clops :icon13:), they were better than regular pants while they lasted though :icon13:

Stop complaining, they were suppose to be easy to break from the day Ent said they are going to be in game.

It's way too high, everyone can see that. On 30 ogres I needed 3 sets (pants + top part). No one will use them soon so this will be another worthless item ingame. Imo the breaking chance should be halfed so I can do like atleast 20 ogres per set. 10 ogres per set is way too low considering the costs... It's much better to train in the old stuff then and heal more :P

If the chance is now like 5k/10k it should be 2,5k/10k (I don't know the right numbers, I'm just showing an example :icon13: )

Anyway I think the stats are well chosen :icon13:

since hardly anybody comes to the test server to test the items...

I think more players would test things on test server if they would know what to look for ... I for one would have been there and kicked some monster behind to test new armour. "Go test" is just a bit vague, wandering aimlessly through lots of empty maps is just not as much fun as enjoying the game on the official server :wub:

I totally agree.

Maybe a new pinned topic in the underused Annoucement section of the forums detailing all the new updates for the test server would be great in telling us what aspects of the game needs testing.

use normal leather ifyou think those break too often

Now now reni,

the break rate is simply to high, EVEN for armour that is supposed to break alot (doesn' t seem logical to me since iron is stronger then leather but still)

I think cyclo is about right. halving the rate or atleast taking it down to 3/10(cyclo' s example) would be a lot better instead of the 2 minutes of fighting and breaking it.

Hype

As a manuer these new armors seems very nice for me cause the more you break and the more you need :D

But out of this point, I sell for example pants for around 100gc each if you buy them in bulk. Compared to iron cuisses which are 4kgc, you can have 40 pants for 1 pair of cuisses.

Last time I trained on ogres, I destroyed 1 pants after about 10 ogres. So with 40 pants, I can kill 400 ogres. Tell me if you're able to kill 400 ogres with cuisses without destroying them? I guess not... :wub:

And I've forgot one thing about cuisses, it's the price that you'll give to tankel for destroying them totally :P

Nothing more to add except that they are very nice like this... :D

So if you've destroyed all your stuff in combat and you want more, feel free to contact me, I've got over 250 pants to sell...

Schmurk

well give me a NMT cape and ill test it. but I doubt it will be fixed, it will still break and more frequent then most armours with NMT cape.

Sounds like bad luck or sour grapes. On my first pair, fighting female orcs, after 149 kills, I broke my boots. After 157 total kills, I broke my augmented pants. After 207 kills, my torso finally gave out. Yes, sometimes I get a few more breaks in a row, but I tend to keep a spare set on me when I fight. In addition, they make a pretty good mining armor as well.

LadyReni is right. As usual, everybody is missing the point of the item.

Here's the thread where Ent calls it "Disposable armour".

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...gmented+leather

LadyReni is right. As usual, everybody is missing the point of the item.

Here's the thread where Ent calls it "Disposable armour".

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...gmented+leather

well i get that part, but isn' t it a little bit strange that the leather armour is moer durable then the augmented cause leather enchanted with iron becomes a stronger material then leather is... so it should be leather that breaks fast then IMHO.

anyways enough bitching for today:P

well i get that part, but isn' t it a little bit strange that the leather armour is moer durable then the augmented cause leather enchanted with iron becomes a stronger material then leather is... so it should be leather that breaks fast then IMHO.

Iirc it was told in that topic (by trollson?) :wub:

Edit: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...st&p=276715

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...st&p=277063

Edited by ville-v

Oh, poor me, my cheap armor that is almost as good as the titanium chain armor and orders of magnitude cheaper/easier to make breaks so fast.

You don't like it? Don't fucking use it. As simple as that.

Well, when I just installed the update, came to the game and made the first sets, I went to fight a cyclops in a full augmented set. The second blow from the cyclops destroyed my torso. I already expected it to be fragile, but maybe it is more than I could imagine. But sometimes my steel shield or iron helmet or leather boots will break faster than the augmented pieces, so it's mainly luck and random factor.

Even tough, it's a great armor piece, and of course I'll keep using it, it's also an excuse to get up my lazy ass and make some manufacturing exp by restocking it :wub: lol

Well, when I just installed the update, came to the game and made the first sets, I went to fight a cyclops in a full augmented set. The second blow from the cyclops destroyed my torso. I already expected it to be fragile, but maybe it is more than I could imagine. But sometimes my steel shield or iron helmet or leather boots will break faster than the augmented pieces, so it's mainly luck and random factor.

Even tough, it's a great armor piece, and of course I'll keep using it, it's also an excuse to get up my lazy ass and make some manufacturing exp by restocking it :D lol

make me some too :wub: love ya thankz

Guest stalag

Seems good for pk if u wanna go low gear (without rosto) ; have used it several times without breaking. On the other hand for hard train it breaks too easily. Is more one option thou we have availabe , always nice!