Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Contest discussion

Scarr, why don't you get a fucking job and start sending checks so you can have stuff too? You'd rather just leach the bandwidth and CPU from us, and cause trouble, don't you?

<sarcasm>Yeay another pk event</sarcasm>

Really, this event will be cool for the strong people, but other people won't have anything with it. Anyway there are 3 forts and about 4 strong guilds, I don't think the fights will be that heavy :lurker:

Anyway when do we get an another event without pk? :D

Anyway when do we get an another event without pk? :lurker:

hahaha

U r teh funnay!

Even the total n00bs know that the vast majority of contests and events are not PK, and the last PK event was ages ago. But keep this attitude and you'll be automatically disqualifed from any future event or contest.

I think I specifically stated that I don't want bitchings in this thread, right?

If I think about like 2-3 guilds in this game.. and eliminate all others.. I've found 3 winners. There are guilds that got like.. at least 5 players of 100/100 a/d +, lets take IRON for example. I'm highest a/d with 94/94. Yea I really stand a chance in there.

This is just a contest that will give some more nice stuff to the strongest who already have alot of stuff.

On a side note, IRON paid you 350k to what I heard in #GM.

-Blee.

And your point is?

Ye, contests should be funny too. If you got lower levels (like me, low p/c because of recent reset, so i cant really be on the 10 strongests of the game) you can always support your mates an allies.

Bleedingsoul, if you ever again bitch ona forum where I clearly request no bitching, you will get banned for at the very least week from the forums and from the game. I hope this is clear. Same goes for everyone else.

Ye, contests should be funny too. If you got lower levels (like me, low p/c because of recent reset, so i cant really be on the 10 strongests of the game) you can always support your mates an allies.

Amen to that.

Anyway when do we get an another event without pk? :)

hahaha

U r teh funnay!

Even the total n00bs know that the vast majority of contests and events are not PK, and the last PK event was ages ago. But keep this attitude and you'll be automatically disqualifed from any future event or contest.

I think I specifically stated that I don't want bitchings in this thread, right?

:dry:

I wasn't bitching, I was just stating that the winners are known even before the contest is started :lurker:

I'm pretty sure CA$H will have some winners in this event (well no one can really kill toomass except mufossa, but he will be owning another fort) So 2 forts are occupied. Now the third one will be fore =HC= or PL (sorry when I forget another strong guild, but I bet PL will be in the lead).

And when you say all other contests are non pk, can you state which ones had good prizes? I don't really care I can't win here, I just want to show that everything is decided before the start. When you would play your game you would understand this.

Better idea was to take 1 fort and not all 3 because there will be less fun now...

And again at your bitching: This is criticism, not bitching! Just read my criticism and I don't care what you think of it, but maybe it could give you some better ideas for your next events :D

And you can disqualify me, I don't care that much, it's just a game :)

And again at your bitching: This is criticism, not bitching! Just read my criticism and I don't care what you think of it, but maybe it could give you some better ideas for your next events :lurker:

I am not interested in any criticism about this contest. Only suggestions or possible rule changes. Is this clear, I hope?

No sorry, i send my money evry month to the YMCA..

Then I am sure God will protect you and hel you prevail against the pagans who use their money to get unfair advantages.

And again at your bitching: This is criticism, not bitching! Just read my criticism and I don't care what you think of it, but maybe it could give you some better ideas for your next events :lurker:

I am not interested in any criticism about this contest. Only suggestions or possible rule changes. Is this clear, I hope?

Well then read my suggestions! I made one but obviously you don't want to see it :D

make it so you can come back only 2 times

then everyone has a chance to win for example all gang up on strongests first so they can't come back

else they just keep coming back and eventually win the contest.

</annoying kid behavior>

Because hardcore, if you let everyone return 2 times exactly, you need to go and make a list of everyone who's inside, and everytime you see them come back in KF put a little x next to their name and thats hard to keep track of with about 4 entrances. And also I think that if you use an invisibility potion and you swap map you're still invisible so you can avoid those keeping track of who's coming back.

It adds a lot of extra work for the moderators.

then everyone has a chance to win for example all gang up on strongests first so they can't come back

i agree on this one, or just 1 life, and let mods block the entrances of the forts

i agree on this one, or just 1 life, and let mods block the entrances of the forts

Invisible teleport to range inside? There's always a way to avoid them really...

Maybe the mods in god mode have true sight? (i really dont know about it, but i think its pretty much the case.) So they can see if someone is breaking rules even if invisible... beings with 512+ of p/c can see invisible too :lurker:

I think you dont remember correctly, cuz i just read and it says only you cant use teleport spells near the end of the contest.

I would agree with the limit on re-entry. I'd suggest that after some short period of time (5-10 minutes) the enterances be block with a mod (anyone who enters is disqualified, if they are part of a guild the whole guild is disqualified).

This would totally change the nature of the event. It would be possible to gang up on strong players and remove them from the contest (which would silence all those who claim to see into the future and know who will win). It would also cause people to carefully consider what they bring with them because there's no way to resupply. Run out of HEs part way through, you're done. This could open the door for lower-level players to be part of a group simply for their ability to carry supplies. Or, hide people with invisibility and hold them (and their 500 HEs) in reserve until later in the contest.

The whole contest would shift from "who can kill the most and the fastest" to "who has the best strategy to last the specified time AND finish in control of a fort".

You can teleport to range, just not near the end (the last 5 minutes), for those who want a clear definition.

As for the "only two times" rule, there is no need to. The more you come, the more likely is to lose either equipment or rost stones, so no one really wants to die, the very fact you die is a punishment enough.

The whole contest would shift from "who can kill the most and the fastest" to "who has the best strategy to last the specified time AND finish in control of a fort".

That's a nice idea, perhaps we'll use that in a future contest. But for this one we'll go with the rules already stated, where almost anything goes.

Well then read my suggestions! I made one but obviously you don't want to see it :lurker:

Having 1 fort only? That's a pointless sugestion, as this is not a guild contest, it's an individual contest. Therefore, one guild can try to conquer all the 3 forts, if they wish. It's up to everyone to decide the best strategy.

I would agree with the limit on re-entry. I'd suggest that after some short period of time (5-10 minutes) the enterances be block with a mod (anyone who enters is disqualified, if they are part of a guild the whole guild is disqualified).

I absolutely disagree with that. That would mean, that only the bullies could win. Let the low leveled fighters come back as much as they like. Maybe they are the lucky ones who just survived at the end of the contest and the bullies just die 1 minute before the end of the contest and cant come back fast enough.

Its a fair chance *EVERYBODY* can take or not. So, its not only the 120/120 a/d freaks vs arctic chimmies.

Sounds like fun, somehow, so lets go for it :D

Just my 2 cents, as usual :P

Piper

So the best tactic will be running in with your whole guild the last minute and team everyone down? Going in from the first minute give you no chance or better chance to win at all... I don't know where the tactics are?

Edit: Maybe let 1 mod per fort count the time someone or some guild ownez a fort?

Edited by Cycloonx

So the best tactic will be running in with your whole guild the last minute and team everyone down? Going in from the first minute give you no chance or better chance to win at all... I don't know where the tactics are?

Edit: Maybe let 1 mod per fort count the time someone or some guild ownez a fort?

If your entire guild goes on the last minute there and stay on a fort, it will be a big draw. Then the prizes go for the one who scored more kills, and if you are only there on the last minute chances are pretty high that you will not get any prize.

I read the word "tactic" over there. Now go and think! :P

Piper