Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ghengas

dysfuntional market system

please read all of this before commenting? thanks

ive become very frustrated with EL lately. besides my personall issues, im very troubled with the balance of money in the game between people who focus on different stats. basically any stat other than a/d can earn you plenty of money and/or material possessions. this causes some major issues with people of all skill focuses that i think alot of people dont even realize. heres a scenario:

fighterjim spends 2 hours pking/pvping/whatever. if he is lucky or very strong, fighterjim might kill a few people, which either drop useless crap or have a rostogul stone, more likely though fighterjim will simply use up all his HE/srs and maybe even die a couple times, thus loseing his hard earned stuff. now that fighterjim is out of gear and essies and pots, he is forced to stopp fighting, which is no fun. now he must learn another skill other than fighting just to be able to keep fighting. ....so fighterjim learns how to manufacter, alch, make pots, and craft. he makes himself some armor and soem HE and some srs and some diss rings and telle rings and goes back to fighting.

while this may seem fine and fair to some people, to alot of others (including non-fighters) it proposes a number of problems.

a.) fighterjim may be like alot of pkers and would really have a more satisfying gameing experiance if he only had to fight, and could make a FAIR PROFIT OFF OF FIGHTING, SO THAT HE WOULD NOT HAVE TO STOP FIGHTING TO MAKE MONEY IN AN OTHERWISE FASHION.

b.) since fighterjim makes his own stuff now, THE MANUERS HAVE NOONE TO SELL THERE ARMOR TO, THE ALCHEMISTS HAVE NOONE TO SELL THERE ESSIES TO, THE POTIONERS HAVE NOONE TO SELL THERE POTS TO, etc etc...

while i do realize there are countless exceptions to this scenario as everyones skill focus and settup is different, THESE ISSUES MAY HAVE ALOT TO DO WITH OUR DYSFUNTIONAL MARKET SYSTEM?

im sure ive left some things out but that is the jest of my point.

Stop fighting and go alch :) btw, you spelt disfunctional wrong

think about it next time you spend an hour in the market channel hopelessly trying to sell somthing -_-

Stop fighting and go alch :) btw, you spelt disfunctional wrong

think about it next time you spend an hour in the market channel hopelessly trying to sell somthing -_-

I think about that everytime I sell something.

fighterjim can start harvesting. Harvest every hour 120 fruits and sell them to tavern. So he gets some money and leather stuff doesnt cost too much. Except fighterjim wants to kick gargs with full plate and serp... :omg:

As Bleuren said, he can start alchemy. He can make fire essies or earth essies, these 2 can be made with inorganic nexus 0, so no need to waste pickpoints for that. And earth essences gives more money from magic shops.

Later fighterjim should read the books to make health essences, which can be sold to players to make good money.

Further he can harvest coal (still inorganic nexus 0, but gives the best xp) and sell it in bulk to players.

Following such a strategy doesnt force him to raise a lot of other skills except fighting.

And since fighterjim does so, he became a wealthy and honored member of the Eternal Lands community. :)

Just my 2 cents :)

Piper

but fighterjim doesnt seem to like fighting and just want's to fight fight fight! but it looks like harving and alching is the only way (or pot,c raft, manu)

Fighterjim is also in direct conflict for selling anything he gets from pk drops with manuers. The only people who would buy the armours/weapons he has aquired in the past 2 hours fighting would be other pkers WHO ARE ALSO trying to sell THEIR pk drops from the past 2 hours, again in conflict with manuers selling their wares.

Unfortunately the ONLY ones actually BUYING are the poor sods that lost their armour/weapons in the past 2 hours fighting....

So the moral of teh story is, if you pk lower ranked fighters and win, keep it on teh nice side coz they are likely to be your only outlet for selling to....

Correct me if i am mistaken.

thanks for the good points piper...

but shouldnt fighterjim be able to make a profit off of fighting, just like alcherbob does off his alching? also, if fighterjim didnt have to alch to make money, alcherbob would have someone to sell his essences too. he wont though because fighterjim has to make his own.

do u know what i mean? ..maybe this is a pointless topic and i am the only fighter who doesnt like to alch/manu/pot.

Fighterjim is also in direct conflict for selling anything he gets from pk drops with manuers. The only people who would buy the armours/weapons he has aquired in the past 2 hours fighting would be other pkers WHO ARE ALSO trying to sell THEIR pk drops from the past 2 hours, again in conflict with manuers selling their wares.

Unfortunately the ONLY ones actually BUYING are the poor sods that lost their armour/weapons in the past 2 hours fighting....

So the moral of teh story is, if you pk lower ranked fighters and win, keep it on teh nice side coz they are likely to be your only outlet for selling to....

Correct me if i am mistaken.

somewhat true but not really my point...

Euh if everyone makes profit on all skills why should we have money? :)

And you get a lot of money from gc drops from monsters and sometimes a rare drop that might give you some extra 1000's of gc where you did nothing for :omg:

You think alchemist have an easy life? Stop fighting then and come to the alchemist side :)

Um sry was kinda going along with what you were saying about fighters not beign able to make a living from their skill as per other skilled players ingame and pointing out a few other minor points that seem to ME to contribute.

If there was a decent outlet for pkers/fighters to sell off their drops (other than try to sell to teh very very FEW new fighters trying out their first goblin/garg etc or venturing into kf and saying "who is Scarr?"), one that perhaps actually provided a suitable income for you guys and kept the armours/weapons recycling, then not only would you get your sales and income, but manuers would find the stopgap lifted from their own sales and it would flow easier.

Perhaps (ok i know, i am bordering on gettin this thrown into suggestions thread here, sry) a new Trik-like NPC that only a/d 60+ players could use that provide market-scaled prices for selling to would actually work? Armours/weapons leave the game then and would need replacing by manuers at some point. More of a flow to the economy rather than a stagnation, and fighters would then be able to rely on teh strength of their fighting skills to earn an income.

Or not. feel free to comment.

Fighterjim is antisocial so that rules out harvesting and potioning. Fighting jimwants to make some money training, but that is not possible. fighterjim has used 30k in the past 2 weeks training on a/d lvls. and his monster drops and pvp partners only drop enough to pay for 1/6-1/3 of the potions or essences he brought to heal. fighterjim thinks monster drop should be a little but more usefull. fighter jim aggrees with the pr0 ghengas.

The End

(fighterjim in this story represents The_Knight)

,The_Knight

"Later fighterjim should read the books to make health essences, which can be sold to players to make good money."

Fighterjim does not have the Human nexus to harvest the required diamonds because he has spent all his PP on coord, phys, will

And even if fighterjim could harvest Daimonds the fail rate is too high for him to make esses at his lvl of which is higher than the recomended lvl for HE

Edited by The_Knight

Euh if everyone makes profit on all skills why should we have money? :)

And you get a lot of money from gc drops from monsters and sometimes a rare drop that might give you some extra 1000's of gc where you did nothing for :omg:

You think alchemist have an easy life? Stop fighting then and come to the alchemist side :)

were shall i start....

*sighs* i wont even comment on the first bit, as for getting money from monster drops...if your lucky you'll get enough money to cover the expences (HE/srs/broken armor) but your only chance at a profit is off of very rare drops that you probably wont get

and um..did i say alchmemists have an easy life? considering all your really doing no matter what skill you focus on is clicking and typing i woudlnt really say that any part of it is 'hard', what i said about alchemists is that it happens to be a profitable skill to focus on vs. fighting which is quite the opposite (and IMO should not be)

Um sry was kinda going along with what you were saying about fighters not beign able to make a living from their skill as per other skilled players ingame and pointing out a few other minor points that seem to ME to contribute.

If there was a decent outlet for pkers/fighters to sell off their drops (other than try to sell to teh very very FEW new fighters trying out their first goblin/garg etc or venturing into kf and saying "who is Scarr?"), one that perhaps actually provided a suitable income for you guys and kept the armours/weapons recycling, then not only would you get your sales and income, but manuers would find the stopgap lifted from their own sales and it would flow easier.

Perhaps (ok i know, i am bordering on gettin this thrown into suggestions thread here, sry) a new Trik-like NPC that only a/d 60+ players could use that provide market-scaled prices for selling to would actually work? Armours/weapons leave the game then and would need replacing by manuers at some point. More of a flow to the economy rather than a stagnation, and fighters would then be able to rely on teh strength of their fighting skills to earn an income.

Or not. feel free to comment.

now i see what your saying, good point and i like your ideas

Fighterjim does not wish to spend 1 year harvesting 1 mil blue lupines riku, and you know that full well. :)

,Knight

Edited by The_Knight

Fighterjim is antisocial so that rules out harvesting and potioning. Fighting jimwants to make some money training, but that is not possible. fighterjim has used 30k in the past 2 weeks training on a/d lvls. and his monster drops and pvp partners only drop enough to pay for 1/6-1/3 of the potions or essences he brought to heal. fighterjim thinks monster drop should be a little but more usefull. fighter jim aggrees with the pr0 ghengas.

The End

(fighterjim in this story represents The_Knight)

,The_Knight

"Later fighterjim should read the books to make health essences, which can be sold to players to make good money."

Fighterjim does not have the Human nexus to harvest the required diamonds because he has spent all his PP on coord, phys, will

And even if fighterjim could harvest Daimonds the fail rate is too high for him to make esses at his lvl of which is higher than the recomended lvl for HE

If it is like this you don't play the game well. I'm wondering why some people actually succeed in becoming a nice fighter and some not :)

Edit: When I look what I earn at ogres after a training session it's more than enough to rebuy my essences and pots. I get about 1,5kgc with 100he and 30srs, if you can count I have some money extra to economise to pay my armor. And in this session I mostly get 1-3 swords from those ogres, it doesn't sound great, but steel longs and iron broad can be sold for quit some money, so let's say I get an extra of 1,5kgc from those swords I almost have 2k extra to spend on armor. And I break like 1 thing per 3 sessions, so I actually have 6kgc to rebuy that item.

And if you make now and then your own HE or SRS (or mana pots, everyone can make those) you will have a wealthy life :omg:

Edited by Cycloonx

Whatever clycloonx you know what I mean. I just dont have the time to spend not training on a/d I used to spend some little time on alch. The recomended (Or required?) lvl for HE is 19 and im 25 and I fail more than 50% of the time. Or you may be right I probably am doing something wrong. I am only n00b

,The_Knight

Edited by The_Knight

Whatever clycloonx you know what I mean. I just dont have the time to spend not training on a/d I used to spend some little time on alch. The recomended (Or required?) lvl for HE is 19 and im 25 and I fail more than 50% of the time. Or you may be right I probably am doing something wrong. I am only n00b

,The_Knight

Euh so you actually say you don't have extra time to do some alchemy? The only thing you actually want is making fast money and gaining lots of exp? How do you think this game could work if everyone acted like you?

fighterjim needs to make friends who give him free stuff, or buy with creditcard or scamm or buy stuff and sell for more :>

CycloonX I im not here to fight I just dont like the way that Fighters are the only ones (Besides summoners) who dont make money at anything. If a n00b wants to become a great fighter he cant. He needs to embrace another skill. Ithe only way I have my money is that I took the Onilne marketplace to my advantage, I bought a Thermal Serp and sold it. I only have 50somek left and besides losing a COL I bought for 95k I have speant all the money on potions and essie from Alchers and Manuers like you Cycloon. ( I am assuming you are a alcher or manuer because you arnent defending what we are trying to bring to attention, If you were a fighter which you may be, I think you would help defend this subject) If this this gets too much of a argument I want to pull out, Like I said before I am not here to fight or argue.

Thanks

,Knight

For HE's you need 1 chrysanthemium, 2 silver ore. So fighterjim sits down and wonders what to do with the whole money he made by selling coal to other players. And, out of the blue sky, he decides to buy some loads silver ore from other players or bots.

And for the antisocial perk, fighterjim sees now that this perk cuts him off from easy money. So he does a #reset and makes loads of gc by selling stuff to shops. Unfortunately you can meet fighterjim now often in underworld because he took hellspawn perk. :)

And since fighterjim found out, that serping fluffies with 20-30 restore spells per fluffy is a little bit expensive coz of the friendly bagjumpers, he decides to stay on monsters he can easily handle using leather armor and fight them barehanded.

Do you remember Entropy brabbling something about strategy and tactics? Thats exactly the point, look for other strategies when you find out your strategy doesnt work properly.

And only grabbing the best armor and weapon and attack the most dangerous monster is not really a strategy.

No offense meant, just my 2 cents :omg:

Piper

First you say:

basically any stat other than a/d can earn you plenty of money and/or material possessions.

Then you say:

think about it next time you spend an hour in the market channel hopelessly trying to sell somthing

So which is it? Can other skills make "plenty of money" or can they not as they "hopelessly try to sell"?

In any event, from my experience, the money making skills are: harvesting (harvest and sell), alchemy, and potions. All the others tend to be break-even or net loss as they consume more ingredients than they produce good to sell (as prices for finished good continue to drop).

Personally, I make my money by harvesting/selling titanium ore, and use that money to finance all the other skills I work on (plus buy a few toys).

1k he's ~7k gc

300 srs ~ 5.2k gc

gold from monster drops ~15k

not to mention monster item drops to be sold

clearly I make a profit off of pure fighting, despite armor wear and tear (using steel chain, leather pants, iron helm, steel shield, moon med)

fighterdave is one happy non pking fighter :)

edit: had 2 chains on my list, one meant to be a shield ;D

Edited by Evalin

When I said it takes Diamonds to make HE I was thinking air essence. But still my points stands mining silver ore take some human nexus, and when it takes some time getting a overall lvl to get a PP its hard not to spend it on something that you are going to use alot more (For a fighter phys will and coord).

(But I guess it is just as helpful when you cant train if you dont have money)

Knight