Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NitageR

special days

I'm just wondering if you guys noticed that most "good" special days are for America's time zone. Even in this week they had ~40% Scholars Day and No Grief Day, while Europeans got Brave Day and Green Day. It is said that special days are random, but it is not fair that Europeans are treaten worse then Americans....

Edited by NitageR

I agree, especially Green Day is totally stupid, no one can harvest, earn money, or harvest food. So whats left for these players not in fighting? NOTHING! 6 HOURS OF BOREDOM!

I never knew Euopeans and Americans have different days? :)

It is about time zones... if special day starts at 3 AM (European time) it is easy that people from European time zone rather can't enjoy it, no?

Random thing: well as i noticed it happenes too often that Americans get cool day and Europeans get bad day after it... :)

It is about time zones... if special day starts at 3 AM (European time) it is easy that people from European time zone rather can't enjoy it, no?

Random thing: well as i noticed it happenes too often that Americans get cool day and Europeans get bad day after it... :)

Oh, Thanks.

Guest stalag

Would be interesting to see the stats of all special days so far and see at what time zones they have happened.

I absolutely agree with NitageR. Last N good, spcial days were always on time not suitable for EU players. I play EL mostly after work (working days) and during the weekend.

God works in mysterious ways... :(

Edited by Dejan

That's not exactly fair guys, the most recent TWO scholars days started LATE night Central US time, too late. Don't just go off memory, get some stats before you start accusing 'random' of having favortism. Oh, and one more thing.... THEY ARE RANDOM. By the way, the first Day of Joule (half food cost day) started around 3-4am CST (9-10 am GMT) Just because your schedule makes you miss such things, don't presume it's the games' fault.

I didn't hear ya fussin when it was Fasting Day you missed.......

P.S. I apologize if I come off as being a bit too sarcastic.. 4am and I can't sleep....

Edited by shallara

I think random generator is not as random, as it should be. Sometimes i see clear patterns, so clear that i was able to improve my repair rate @Tankel. If it's really random and not hand-driven in any way, there's just too many bad days. I agree with Stalag, it would be interesting to see the stats of latest random days. I'm not bitching of course :(

There are more 'bad' days than 'good' days it seems (will look up stats on this in a min) BUT every new day introduced HAS been good, so kudos to the dev team (and Ent) for working on equalizing it :(

I am talking general about special *good* days. I was waiting for some time to post this topic and I've just needed week like this to make me do it.

I want to emphasize here that i do understand randomity, but since some time generating of special days is biased imo. As stalag posted it would be very nice if we could see all random days appearance and then we could judge it fairly.

BTW. Sorry Ent that it is me who has again something to say, but i think you should appreciate that i dare to talk about it on public forum and not like other people who talk about it behind your back, because they are scared to be banned if they say something...

Today i posted this topic and asked my guildies to support me (they were talking about it, so i pasted them link to discuss it here) and i got very pissed off that i got no support, only responses like "no, my char is too good to get banned" (Brachu[scarr] knows who). So i said "fuck" and logged off :(

Edtied : thx Than

Edited by NitageR

Come on, Shallara... I do not want to turn this interesting thread into arguing whether you are right or wrong, but i could not keep quiet either after reading your nonsense-message above.

You think we missed "Fasting Day"? - FYI, we did not, at least central Europe did not. On contrary! - It came at precise time where some good days should come. I would go further and be ready to say that am 99% sure that only bad days were WHOLE THIS MONTH during the time around 20h , CET !

Nah, you are not sarcastic, you just thought you have tried to see the facts, but i fear you have overlooked them...

Here are some facts for you to ponder.

Today's "no item drop" day came after midnight, last week's scholars day too, before that another "no item drop" day came after midnight...

As of today i will start writing down times of special days, and which day it was, so we could have more facts, and come to some more valid conclusions.

At the end - we are not that stupid to need you to remind us of special days being random - that is not the topic here at all, the topic is that some of us are begining to fear they are NOT random!

I agree with you nita, most special days are at night or late in the evening to me... I spend most of my time at work and when i get back home and log in I find myself in a negative day... logg off and go play a different game...

and I also notist that most positive days are for the amreican timezones... most of my friends are from the US or at that timezone... and they always get the nice days.

I support nit.

Hype

Err, i live in america time zone and the good days were pretty late. Lucky that i dont sleep at night. :(

I was thinking about it now... most of the good days were set in oceania time zone... maybe there are an evilful plan organized by ohmygod, ziara and ttlanhil to make australian/new zealanders take over EL... Uh, conspiracy. :whistle:

Anyway, there should be more good days and all time zones. So people would be more happy. :)

Time is UTC +2

Day of Joule

2006-07-13 05:50:46 :Today is a special day:

2006-07-16 13:14:53 :Today is a special day:

Day of no grief

2006-04-13 13:45:36 :Today is a special day:

2006-05-04 07:45:25 :Today is a special day:

2006-05-04 19:53:06 :Today is a special day:

2006-05-28 07:30:14 :Today is a special day:

2006-06-22 07:09:54 :Today is a special day:

2006-06-24 01:33:40 :Today is a special day:

2006-07-04 04:06:36 :Today is a special day:

2006-07-28 04:02:09 :Today is a special day:

Scholars Day

2006-04-30 12:42:22 :Today is a special day:

2006-05-09 08:54:32 :Today is a special day:

2006-06-07 03:45:02 :Today is a special day:

2006-07-25 03:20:54 :Today is a special day:

Green Day

2006-04-03 22:39:53 :Today is a special day:

2006-05-31 08:11:51 :Today is a special day:

2006-05-31 20:19:18 :Today is a special day:

2006-06-01 08:26:09 :Today is a special day:

2006-07-05 16:30:00 :Today is a special day:

2006-07-28 10:05:54 :Today is a special day:

Labour Day

2006-04-11 19:01:07 :Today is a special day:

2006-04-12 13:32:02 :Today is a special day:

2006-05-06 02:10:18 :Today is a special day:

2006-05-16 10:45:56 :Today is a special day:

2006-06-08 16:06:51 :Today is a special day:

2006-06-23 19:30:40 :Today is a special day:

2006-07-12 00:07:55 :Today is a special day:

Day of fasting

2006-06-30 21:05:08 :Today is a special day:

2006-07-11 05:57:53 :Today is a special day:

No drops day

2006-06-13 11:11:36 :Today is a special day:

2006-06-25 13:54:20 :Today is a special day:

2006-07-07 22:59:17 :Today is a special day:

2006-07-18 07:40:45 :Today is a special day:

Looks more random to me. And random between positive and negative also.

Maybe I missed some days.

Great Suessie! Thank you!

I am playing actively EL from 19h to 23h, sometimes to 00h... So, according to your list:

I could not catch ANY "No drops day".

I could not catch ANY scholars day.

I could catch ONLY ONE "day of no grief", out of 8 .

All this in THREE months...

Looks like i am in a cursed timezone...

Edited by Dejan

Thanks to Suessie for providing some facts. Of course, the data will be limited to the times when she's online.

Note that Suessie is based in Europe, iirc.

As a programmer, I know that it is actually easier to program randomness than to deliberately code for an unfair advantage to any particular time zone. Apart from the fact that such evilness would be obvious in the code. For this reason alone, I am inclined to believe that any observed imbalance is merely an illusion. Of couse, if you play 24/7, which I don't, you may be in a better position to argue otherwise!

However, if you think about life in general, you will find that you tend to remember the bad events more than the good ones. That's why so-called 'news' papers make money. As a result, I can understand why anyone from any particular time-zone may think they get all the bad events.

EP

IMHO times should roll. If day of scholars was on 04AM, CET, than the next one should be (datum is the only random value) at 10AM, and so on...

IMHO times should roll. If day of scholars was on 04AM, CET, than the next one should be (datum is the only random value) at 10AM, and so on...

So people can predict and play both days. \o/ :(

Btw, post #1000. :whistle:

Yes they "can" predict by being on EL every day at supposed time, if they are crazy enough.

I am speaking for myself - i will never come to EL to play after 00AM because i know some good day will begin than...

Generally speaking, you have right Lorck, of course. They should NOT be possible to predict. :(

An imrovement to my "idea" would be to exclude previous DAYXX hour from the next. - Bad explanation, i admit, but i will try to illustrate it via example.

Suppose we have "no items break day" today, at 04h. Next one than should be on a RANDOM day, and on ALL POSSIBLE RANDOM hours EXCEPT 04AM. What you think? So it will be either on 10, 16 or 22h. These three hours should be picked RANDOMLY, of course. This would be IMHO the most fair solution for all, especially because they would not be predictable, as stated above.

Edited by Dejan

Yes they "can" predict by being on EL every day at supposed time, if they are crazy enough.

I am speaking for myself - i will never come to EL to play after 00AM because i know some good day will begin than...

Generally speaking, you have right Lorck, of course. They should NOT be possible to predict. :whistle:

An imrovement to my "idea" would be to exclude previous DAYXX hour from the next. - Bad explanation, i admit, but i will try to illustrate it via example.

Suppose we have "no items break day" today, at 04h. Next one than should be on a RANDOM day, and on ALL POSSIBLE RANDOM hours EXCEPT 04AM. What you think? So it will be either on 10, 16 or 22h. These three hours should be picked RANDOMLY, of course. This would be IMHO the most fair solution for all, especially because they would not be predictable, as stated above.

This idea is interesting. :(

Of course, the hardcore players would stay awaken to take advantage of a previsible good day if they are not trully random. EDIT: And of course it is not possible with your last idea.

Edited by Lorck

perhaps make el special days take a two day time(12 hours) so more people will catch it..

Thats not a good idea!

A schoolar day for 12 hours would just screw everything up, ppl that's on when it starts would sit and lvl alot in those 12 hours.

And think about all the neg. days that would last for 12 hour, no drop, no kill, no harv....

They are good as they are now.