Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Testing for the next update

http://www.eternal-lands.com/el_update_131_rc1.exe

This can be safely installed in your current EL folder (don't forget to close the client before installing).

You can test this on the main server if you wish, and we recommend everyone to do so.

Please report any bugs here.

P.S. There are a few exe in the update, el.exe is compiled so that it will work on pretty much any CPU, while the SSE2 version will work only on the newer CPUs. So try each one and see which works, which doesn't, and if there are any speed differences.

The updated IRON guildmap is in the client update and does not appear to be on the server. There are areas which I can not walk on because the old map did not allow it. Also, there is a newer DEF file on the test server than the production server.

Will there be an update of these files on the server as part of the client update?

For a random scene location at full zoom:

el.exe: ~69FPS

elc-i686-SSE2.exe: ~65FPS

elc-i686-SSE.exe: ~67FPS

elc-i686.exe: ~66FPS

CPU AMD Semprom 3300+ (32 bit not 64 bit)

GPU Nvidia Geforce4 440MX 128MB

1024MB DDR Memory

Windows XP Pro SP2

After typing #cls i get :

crawl7.th.jpg

After typing 1-2 more times client crashes.

Edited by NitageR

As per Nitager's post, verified, including corruption at the start of lines:

asnitager.jpg

in the encyclopidia :

the titanum cussis 6-6 armor

steel helm decription out of the box (the decription gone out of the encyclopidia box)

i restart the game 2 time so i be sure about what am saying

(sorry i dont know how 2 post pics if any can tell me a good site 2 upload pic i would put them(plz pm me in or outside the game))

keep the good work ;)

FMA

the titanum cussis 6-6 armor

steel helm decription out of the box (the decription gone out of the encyclopidia box)

:omg: Argh, I've fixed that twice already... time to try and track it down again.

EDIT: Both now fixed in the Encyclopedia CVS. Also, (?) Gypsum has been updated, and the Titanium Shield (which was somehow all listed as Unknown?) has been corrected. (And it's only 7 AM my time... lol).

Edited by crusadingknight

The picture of Jagged Saber in the encyclopedia has the picture of a Rapier instead.

Fixed (copy-paste error, Rapier was the page before that).

With the steel helm the "Required Nexus to use: Human 2" is off to the left

Edit: Not sure if this a mistake or is its actualy true but it sayes Steel greaves give 12-13 Armour

Edit: In the Potion of True Sight It sayes 9 wordwoods it should be 9 wormwoods

Edited by Joshyboy

With the steel helm the "Required Nexus to use: Human 2" is off to the left

Edit: Not sure if this a mistake or is its actualy true but it sayes Steel greaves give 12-13 Armour

Edit: In the Potion of True Sight It sayes 9 wordwoods it should be 9 wormwoods

Already fixed the first (see fullmetal's post), can't explain but fixed the second (I guess it was channeling ti. plate?), and fixed the third.

EDIT: Is steel plate 13-15 armour, -1 defense, -2 accuracy, +3 radiation protection, -2 critical to hit, 18 EMU or 10 - 12 armor, + 2 radiation Protection , - 1 defense , - 2 accuracy , - 2 critical to hit? I have reports of both on the errata forum. I seem to recall it should be the first (stronger than ti. plate), but I'm not positive.

The encyclopedia says harm is a level 18 spell, but you actually need to be level 20 in the game. (found that out the hard way)

The encyclopedia says harm is a level 18 spell, but you actually need to be level 20 in the game. (found that out the hard way)

In the shipped Encyclopedia (for the RC), it says 20.

The new cloaks aren't in encyclopedia and, there is a * by honey so it looks like it's not yet ingame, and Tree Mushroom is not on ency :icon13:

The new cloaks aren't in encyclopedia.

That, the new monsters and a complete list of C2 maps had to be dropped to ship a release on time. (Very few players should need this for reference yet anyway. :P )

there is a * by honey so it looks like it's not yet ingame, and Tree Mushroom is not on ency :D

I'll fix that (Though, if you read the description on the page, it says a '*' means it's not documented yet.)

-- The Tree mushroom stats just went into the errata post yesterday, so they weren't available to me on Friday.

EDIT: Harvesting updated in CVS.

After typing #cls i get :

<snip>

After typing 1-2 more times client crashes.

err... hmm... the fix wasn't completely commited. oh well, I know how to re-fix it. and I expect it to fix the crashes as well, since the problem is that it's reading free'd memory (as a string)

Started the cilent with Cam_and_Banner_Enhanced.exe and i can't disable rotating camera - it is always fixed on my char, not the word, like it was in the old client (switching option 'Follow camera' does nothing).

Dunno if this is in the next update or not, since I can't test the client as it's windoze only, but currently the help tab recommends that people buy vials from mira by buying mana potions. This should probably be updated, because the intention is for people to buy vials from Harvy, not from Mira. This exists under the "Skills" tab, under Potioning.

Started the cilent with Cam_and_Banner_Enhanced.exe and i can't disable rotating camera - it is always fixed on my char, not the word, like it was in the old client (switching option 'Follow camera' does nothing).

This is not an official client. IF you post as a bug report in the wrong section on a NON OFFICIAL CLIENT ever again, you'll be banned!

This is not an official client. IF you post as a bug report in the wrong section on a NON OFFICIAL CLIENT ever again, you'll be banned!

Owww, my mistake :icon13: ! I forgot that i installed the camera patch before, in the same folder as this relase. U're right Roja, i could get banned for this. Sorry! It won't happen again...!

*jumps out of the window*

the signpost at cont2map16_insides [117,116] is walk-through-able (I can sit in/on it... ouch!)

also; there's a zip of the data here for non windows users and people who compile CVS themselves

the .exes are removed, as well as CVS stuff, which is un-needed (for the listings... let alone the failed update files... who packaged this?), everything else in the binary ent posted is available. provide your own executables, of course

Edited by ttlanhil

Owww, my mistake :brooding: ! I forgot that i installed the camera patch before, in the same folder as this relase. U're right Roja, i could get banned for this. Sorry! It won't happen again...!

*jumps out of the window*

Using unofficial clients on the main server without our specific approval is against the rules. We usually tollerate modifed clients that have no cheating features in them, but we draw the line when it comes to someone reporting bugs from an unofficial client.

from the bug thread:

the "can't initialise sound (null)" bug should now be fixed in CVS (see CVS log for details)
hopefully that covers all the sound init issues Edited by ttlanhil