Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Evening_Star

[patch] Automatically open dropped bag of a monster you killed

Any comments? :-)

Only that the request for this function has been turned down in the past. That could effect the acceptance of such a patch.

Personally, I like it. Saves some extra searching/clicking to get the bag opened.

Should probably be configurable though.

Edited by bkc56

Could you maybe make that patch using diff -Nau? Some context makes it a little easier to understand exactly what changes are being made.

EDIT: Also, maybe set_last_kill should be a macro instead of a function (since it neither recurses or returns anything.)

Edited by crusadingknight

Could you maybe make that patch using diff -Nau? Some context makes it a little easier to understand exactly what changes are being made.

EDIT: Also, maybe set_last_kill should be a macro instead of a function (since it neither recurses or returns anything.)

ok, I updated the patch :-)

Only that the request for this function has been turned down in the past. That could effect the acceptance of such a patch.

This has actually been on the todo list for a long time.

Anyone who hunted on snowy places know how good this patch is! :icon13: THANKS!

The only thing this patch lacks, is the option to enable/disable it.

Otherwise, great patch.

Edited by Vegar

I was waiting for this since my first week on Isla Prima! You rock :omg:

Now the only thing missing is a key shortcut for "Get All", preferably usable with your left hand only. ;)

is the function optional?

i would say that another way to do it (based on one complaint in the thread bkc56 linked to, about mass combat and what it could lead to) would be to put a clickable bag icon on screen when standing on top of a bag. clicking it would have the same effect as clicking on the bag directly.

that way you can find a bag thats coverd by a body, as well as not have your screen coverd by a bag window in mass combat...

Why not just drop something in a bag to opet it's contents if you can't see it...

This patch is good for training, not very good in combat, it needs to be designed so you can enable/disable it.

*cries* i have to say im really a noob with this programming here.. but i really wanna use some of

the patches here but i dont know how.. all these raw code thingies are really confusing me.. :wacko::P:D

Could either someone make an windows .exe for it or explain me in SIMPLE terms how to implement

such things?

(Yeh yeh i know.. noobs shouldnt play with such kind of things -.-' but i have the will to learn :) )

erm... you do realise that using patches on the main server can get you banned, yes? only use the official client or clean CVS on the main server

erm... you do realise that using patches on the main server can get you banned, yes? only use the official client or clean CVS on the main server

afaik only when i report bugs i get banned? :D

or did i still not understand that 'modified client' post? -.-'

afaik only when i report bugs i get banned? :blink:

That's when using modified map data etc

Using modified clients on the main server without approval from Entropy will also get you banned. Don't do it please.

afaik only when i report bugs i get banned? :blink:

That's when using modified map data etc

Using modified clients on the main server without approval from Entropy will also get you banned. Don't do it please.

ok understood. thx for the help :D

I should dig deeper into my english dictionary to understand everything that

is important *sighs*

Greetings,

Fabi

What are patches for if you cannot use them on normal server? :blink:

They are for use for testing on the test server and for other developers to review, and for them to be applied to the current source.

Official developers are exempt from this rule as it aids the development process if they can run on the production server.

Bad news, everyone!

I was going to extend this patch so you could enable/disable it but the patch has been rejected.

So please do not use this patch, it could get you banned.

Have fun anyway :-)

Evening_Star