Eternal Lands Official Forums
mortsllehm

Branch of Destruction

The problem DarkElic with your comparation with real life is that its a game. And you have CHOICE. As you said in real life the whole world is a pk zone, here is not, and there is nothing (except hydro and the wine quest, but if you wait for peace day you still dont need to be there) that you *need* to go in pk map that make you go there.

There is no comparation possible with this times of real life. Lets try antient times (this game is medieval fantasy based with some add ons of science fiction), if you entered a roman arena and you got attacked and you called the other gladiator outlaw the crowd would laugh at you. At that time, there was some areas where if you entered you should expect confrontation.

But this is offtopic. The topic is some new weapons/armor whatever is cool to have and to use. Some people got their stuff with real life effort (spending $$$) and some others made an in game effort, and both situations are nice and cool, imho.

But the tatic of destroy the stuff of the others (because you dont care if they destroy yours since you buy all your stuff real life $$$) is unfair and outlawish.

Point is though, I've got just as much right to go into a PK map (maybe not necessarily an "ARENA") without the intention of fighting as you do going into a non-PK map without alch'ing or manu'ing. It's just that the mentality that just because it's a PK map us non-PKers have no business there is hogwash. Thus, we have finally found something that can offer some protection, if we do decide to venture there, in the BoD.

You keep saying we have "no right" to be there or need to stay out if we don't want to die and loose stuff or whatever, but why must it be so? Just because it's a PK-allowed map doesn't mean you have to jump on every dang person that walks in (not arena - because, as you said before, going into an "arena" should be taken as an announcement that you want to fight. It is, after all, an arena).

And another thing you say that is true is that the tatic of destroying other ppl's stuff just for the hell of it is right in line with what I"m saying, except (as per the actual topic of this thread) the Branch of Destruction is the perfect weapon for those of us that would like to visit some of these other maps without being accosted by "highwaymen" as DarkGelf said.

I do agree with you that spending a ton of RL money to end up with a BoD and whatnot just to go and destroy other players' things (some of which was paid for with THEIR RL money) is wrong - and should be posted in Outlaws accordingly.

But the simple use of the BoD isn't an "Outlawable" offense in and of itself.

For those hollering about "remove the BoD", "the BoD is unfair" or "the BoD takes my fun out of PK'ing noobs", remember, "It's PK. Expect it." :P

I dont said you had no right to go there. I said if you want to go there you need to accept the risks, and not cry when something that is expected happen.

There are plenty of stuff to do in the other maps, if you are in a pk map is because there are some advantage and associated with the advantage there was risk.

When a pker enter a pk map he is risking losing his rostogol stone, risking have their items broken by someone who plays the game one hour per week and he dont have anything tangible to gain. He almost dont have any advantage and there are risk. You tried to pk once, at least?

An interesting item to protect non-fighters is called ring of disengagement. It works quite nicely, specially in combination with a teleport ring.

If there are an item (named branch), which makes simply the opponent dont want to fight you, regardless of what you did to him and regardless of your level, this item makes attack and defense levels not as important as it should be.

There are very few rewards for fighters in this game (you can see the GOLD thread in suggestions forums). Its ridiculous in a roleplaying perspective, you go fight knowing you have only to lose and almost nothing to gain, but that is the way the game is. One of the few advantages is to use the skill in a few selected maps, which no one have *need* to go, and when they do use their hard worked skill they are called outlaws by some people who dont even know what they are talking about.

"Oh, but i am a crafter and i am not rewarded for my skill." Well, this is another problem. In roleplaying games you get rewards based upon the effort made, so they should be rewarded in the same way the fighters should.

And another thing, i used to train A LOT in tahjari on the fluffs. The very few people who go there are fluffy trainees or pvp trainees, i NEVER saw ebul pkers hunting noobs who want to finish the wine quest.

Well DarElik, surprise for you, I'm not sure if you're lower-lvled then me, but if you enter PK with that thing and someone calls me you're outta luck, I usually only wear leather armor with normal serp/mirror or BP/fur hat for PKing.. I think you're a bit lower so I won't bother if you have a branch or not rofl.. And if I get it I can go smash it to pieces on an animal or so.

Anyway, can we close this topic yet? I don't think we need all of this going on for another month. I see more attacks at other people here then anything else.. Not that uber many constructive and helpfull posts were made so maybe we can just discuss it ingame so we don't bother others with it.

I dont said you had no right to go there. I said if you want to go there you need to accept the risks, and not cry when something that is expected happen.

There are plenty of stuff to do in the other maps, if you are in a pk map is because there are some advantage and associated with the advantage there was risk.

When a pker enter a pk map he is risking losing his rostogol stone, risking have their items broken by someone who plays the game one hour per week and he dont have anything tangible to gain. He almost dont have any advantage and there are risk. You tried to pk once, at least?

An interesting item to protect non-fighters is called ring of disengagement. It works quite nicely, specially in combination with a teleport ring.

If there are an item (named branch), which makes simply the opponent dont want to fight you, regardless of what you did to him and regardless of your level, this item makes attack and defense levels not as important as it should be.

There are very few rewards for fighters in this game (you can see the GOLD thread in suggestions forums). Its ridiculous in a roleplaying perspective, you go fight knowing you have only to lose and almost nothing to gain, but that is the way the game is. One of the few advantages is to use the skill in a few selected maps, which no one have *need* to go, and when they do use their hard worked skill they are called outlaws by some people who dont even know what they are talking about.

"Oh, but i am a crafter and i am not rewarded for my skill." Well, this is another problem. In roleplaying games you get rewards based upon the effort made, so they should be rewarded in the same way the fighters should.

And another thing, i used to train A LOT in tahjari on the fluffs. The very few people who go there are fluffy trainees or pvp trainees, i NEVER saw ebul pkers hunting noobs who want to finish the wine quest.

You answer your first point well...yes you enter a map you accept the risk.All the new items do is up the ante

they increase the risk...enliven the danger, it is said do not enter if you are not prepared to lose your items......that includes items bought for real money. Is it vindictive to smash someones stuff???

is that any differant than to take it and call it a "drop".

It is apparant that some players find this weapon distasteful...so to find agreement in its use or not should not be hard. The new armour will balance things out.....it is a question of adapting. I find it amusing that this item should cause so much feeling, say you have it...and you are attacked is it not a leveling tool??? is it really that fearsome a prospect . Based on what I have heard it appears to be a defensive weapon a way to stay one step ahead. As to having nothing to gain and it spoiling pk............well, i would say the golden age of the uber players died with chicken george. This game is all about leveling growing as much as you can, when the top att player has bought his char...it can only alter the perspective, to his credit he works to maintain the place. To have levels of 80 mean nothing now, 90s are not impressive anymore...soon 100s will be common. You know the easiest item to sell???? try it...advertise a ros stone and see, players are buying them for real money too. The day is nearly here when everyone will carry one everywhere :blink: so seeking any kind of return on fighting is pointless. Changes are effected within this game to make it harder....do not seek to make the BOD the thin edge of the wedge...i would doubt it is even the tip. Just maybe its use is for those who wish to harvest.....and seek some protection.

Never really thought of myself as an outlaw but here I am.......

For those who dont know it, I'm the evil/lame/noob that used the branch on a few occasions and got lucky.

I say to each their own....I wont make lots of excuses to defend my use of the weapon but want to add a few comments since all this steams from me breaking Don's thermal.

Is it FAIR honorable pk when someone thats 20/30 even 40 lvl's higher than you on the top a/d list uses the bod, I mean this is a player that should win against you in pk even without a weapon.....but uses it anyway. What are you shooting for here EXTREME over kill.

But remember bod is cool/great/awesome......brod is lame/stupid/noodish

Lets keep in mind its only 5% accurate, so if I last long enough against someone that is that much higher than me and get it to actually work......how many times would I have to die to do it????

All thats been said here could be said about any weapon.........Thermals give an unfair advantage, or any spell.......why is someone like scarr always casting harm/mana drain on me when they are x10 stronger than me.

Like someone said earlier.....why blame the person using the item, I didn't create it...I only use what is provided to me by the game.

JusT FYI alot of top players offered to buy this weapon from me...I wont mention any names. So I must not be the only lame noob in EL......lol

JusT one last thing in closing, For all those that play and know me.....RED tags included, You should know I only play honorable when it comes to PK, I never attack trainers, hell I even leave RED tags alone while they are harvesting.....not a very fair fight there so I dont. I dont attack guilds unless they are either enemy of my guild or in defence of our allies so if me using a weapon provided by EL puts me in Outlaws....then so be it.

TSUnami96306

This will be my only post on this so fire away, you wont get any responce from me.......lol

This post.....should be the one that closes the thread.....it makes sense.

Tsunami is so honorable to go in pk and try to take down everything every1 worked so hard for.

oh and practicly "destroying" everyones fun in pk

gg tsunami

Edited by Hardcore

Tsunami is so honorable to go in pk and try to take down everything every1 worked so hard for.

gg tsunami

I think Hardcore is one of the better fighters.....and it is obvious he is good at his game play.

But...is it Tsunami or the item used??? it is there and i would think to last...........

so really it is for the pk peeps to adapt to its use.

I have to ask this......do those who pk do it for the fun of the fight?? or for the spoils??

because one offsets the other......to gain material wealth from pking means attacking trainers

those with COLs Thermals etc...will be using ros.

The only thing at the moment is the cost of the items as more save and buy both the branch and the bone.....i just bet there will be more and more smashed stuff. I think its here...and will form a big part of the game.

gg tsunami

I think Hardcore is one of the better fighters.....and it is obvious he is good at his game play.

But...is it Tsunami or the item used??? it is there and i would think to last...........

so really it is for the pk peeps to adapt to its use.

I have to ask this......do those who pk do it for the fun of the fight?? or for the spoils??

because one offsets the other......to gain material wealth from pking means attacking trainers

those with COLs Thermals etc...will be using ros.

The only thing at the moment is the cost of the items as more save and buy both the branch and the bone.....i just bet there will be more and more smashed stuff. I think its here...and will form a big part of the game.

people who use the branch do it for the spoils..

basicly they say "i can't win so i bug them as much as i can"

Edit: Donpedro bought one before he left.. he destroyed 5 COL's in a couple of fights so that's 500k out of the game by 1 person in a matter of minutes.

now imagine multiple people using it..how much COLS/thermals gc would leave the game then? leaving all of the fighters more poor then they are.

Edited by Hardcore

Starting this thread because Viking Guild now consider the use of this item as an outlaw action, and call on other guilds to do the same.

The branch can break el store bought items (rosts are different matter so i wont even go there) thus ruining the gaming experince for players.

Yes you may say that that is pk, i would say it is not, it is just plain viciousness. angry.gif

In pk you are attempting the "kill" the player and with some luck get a drop where, perhaps if you are kind of heart can even give back (for a price?) tongue.gif , but with the Branch you are trying to break peoples stuff and take the item out of the game forever (thermal serps are not repairable). :)

Those players and Guilds we have seen use the Branch in recent times will be #ig and ask to refain from its use in the future, If they continue to use we will be declaring war upon them (if we are not already at war with them :dry: ) and asking our allies to assist.

/mortsllehm, GuildMaster of Vikings along with all other fighters from Valhalla

You see there is a real question i have to ask..... I have never been given back one item

from being pk'd. Never asked for any either.....never complain nor post .

I dont train harder to get even....if i remember who did it....and usually i dont...cos' to me its all part of the game. When folk do post in outlaws about being pkd....it brings out a rash of LOLS ROFL etc...or being advised about the warnings re pk maps. This branch is a game item I would say that if you pk someone and take their stuff its their problem, but if someones smashes your stuff....they might just do it because they can. It is not the user you should voice your complaint to...rather just maybe to the owner.

It has altered the perspective of the recognised pro items.

If someone uses this item to abuse others...well there are tactics that can be used, but if someone uses it for defence....well is he/she really an outlaw??.

There are other methods to seek revenge. Two wrongs dont make it a right.

For instance, i got unjusticed by TooMass and ca$h guild in general when i was noob. How many times i rushed with a branch to destroy their items? None. Some member of ca$h guild bagjumped me, how many times i bagjumped them? None. Some guy from JusT tried to scam me (read an above post), how many times i tried to scam them? None. Again, if you are trully honorable, you will seek revenge by honorable means.

Of course, the_antiroot will say i have no honor because of my tag, etc, when i did only one thing dishonorable (i serped someone elses spawns, because he was bugging me and was too coward to go to pk maps to get his reward). Oh, and i did apologize and offer some stuff for that guy.

Its like people who pked vampire and vampire bagjumped them (look at some outlaw post). Pking is a natural thing, and bagjump is outlawish and you still did the outlaw route. If you wanted a honorable vengeance either trained or paid someone who did to pk them back and make revenge for you, not bagjump.

And all or almost all will use the branch to spoil the fun of the others. Tsunami4087984798165 is a classical example, i talked with him in game (he still in 80's of attack/defense for *a long* time, so he almost dont plays), have all nice stuff bought with real life money, and come to the game to destroy the stuff of people who enjoyed and got almost all the gc in the game. He used for self defense? No. He was harvesting in kf? No. There are some quest to be made on KF? No.

There are other methods to seek revenge. Two wrongs dont make it a right.

For instance, i got unjusticed by TooMass and ca$h guild in general when i was noob. How many times i rushed with a branch to destroy their items? None. Some member of ca$h guild bagjumped me, how many times i bagjumped them? None. Some guy from JusT tried to scam me (read an above post), how many times i tried to scam them? None. Again, if you are trully honorable, you will seek revenge by honorable means.

Of course, the_antiroot will say i have no honor because of my tag, etc, when i did only one thing dishonorable (i serped someone elses spawns, because he was bugging me and was too coward to go to pk maps to get his reward). Oh, and i did apologize and offer some stuff for that guy.

Its like people who pked vampire and vampire bagjumped them (look at some outlaw post). Pking is a natural thing, and bagjump is outlawish and you still did the outlaw route. If you wanted a honorable vengeance either trained or paid someone who did to pk them back and make revenge for you, not bagjump.

And all or almost all will use the branch to spoil the fun of the others. Tsunami4087984798165 is a classical example, i talked with him in game (he still in 80's of attack/defense for *a long* time, so he almost dont plays), have all nice stuff bought with real life money, and come to the game to destroy the stuff of people who enjoyed and got almost all the gc in the game. He used for self defense? No. He was harvesting in kf? No. There are some quest to be made on KF? No.

I make a general reply to a thread and you read into it...something else...

I post a hello message in your guild forum.....and you read into it something else.

I make a joke posting...and you read into it something else........................

you then make a posting in my old guild forum ...about my joke :omg::):dry: you really have issues...turn off the pc....this is a game...how truly stupid you are.

This thread is getting spammy. Please, keep the discussion polite or it will be locked.

Hmm..the spirit of fighting is showing your opponent you are better than him, you can beat him. But now there are ppl who don't care about it, pk fun,respect etc. They want to destroy your items your hard work and only it. Remove this wep from game :whistle:

I wonder???? what some items do now is alter the playing field, I suppose for those that have trained a lot this is disconcerting. To view the spirit of fighting as showing your opponent you are better than him...ummm

I would say a fair percentage are fights that only one side wanted.

I wonder also is there a new spirit growing here??? and i also suspect it will bring changes that might make this form of game play have to reinvent itself.

For is it not true that among the pk crew...one hears the words pk is dead!!!! it is no fun!!!

and the question of honour is also mentioned... well really if you are to have that in its purest form it would mean..... everyone in just say..steel chain, leather pants, NO capes nor Meds unless agreed make everything level. I think these weapons...will alter things, I think people will spend time doing other stuff to get the coins to buy them, and also think that those who buy them will have fun...lots of fun.

What I suggest is that tactics to combat such items are thought out , because that is what you will have to do.

Thanks.

Funny, I walked through TD yesterday in leather, saw the fluffy trainers, even tried to spot a few for em, got pked by a member of HC in full armor, but I was running my low level alt, yet people say this don't happen. If anyone can tell me how an item destroyed by the branch is any more gone to you than an item you steal from the newbies you kill is gone from them then you might have a point, otherwise its just a case of "its not fair when I lose stuff" crying. As for a poll to show Ent, he already decided, the branch is here, get over it. As for mistaking this for RL as Lorck implied, no. In real life I've been places that would have most of ya crying for your mommy and have the scars to prove it. Someone commented that when ya go into PK you are agreeing that you expect to fight, you better reread that next time you go, it says other players may try to kill you. No one forces anyone to act like a bully or a thief, that is your choice. But, if you act like one I will gladly treat you like one. Those who pk me for no reason but that I'm on their "turf" will get nothing from me, no healing, no items, and be put on my ignore. Always nice when I even return bags I find wandering the PK area and have done so for almost every PK guild in the game. I am not against PK, don't get me wrong, honorable pk don't happen when your 5 times the other guys strength and there is no way you can say it does. Since most of the PKers who seem most against this only seem to attack those much weaker I wonder where they get the right to cry about "honor". The branch is a weapon, please feel free to buy one and break my leather armor or my bone, I won't cry, but don't you either.

Funny, I walked through TD yesterday in leather, saw the fluffy trainers, even tried to spot a few for em, got pked by a member of HC in full armor, but I was running my low level alt, yet people say this don't happen. If anyone can tell me how an item destroyed by the branch is any more gone to you than an item you steal from the newbies you kill is gone from them then you might have a point, otherwise its just a case of "its not fair when I lose stuff" crying. As for a poll to show Ent, he already decided, the branch is here, get over it. As for mistaking this for RL as Lorck implied, no. In real life I've been places that would have most of ya crying for your mommy and have the scars to prove it. Someone commented that when ya go into PK you are agreeing that you expect to fight, you better reread that next time you go, it says other players may try to kill you. No one forces anyone to act like a bully or a thief, that is your choice. But, if you act like one I will gladly treat you like one. Those who pk me for no reason but that I'm on their "turf" will get nothing from me, no healing, no items, and be put on my ignore. Always nice when I even return bags I find wandering the PK area and have done so for almost every PK guild in the game. I am not against PK, don't get me wrong, honorable pk don't happen when your 5 times the other guys strength and there is no way you can say it does. Since most of the PKers who seem most against this only seem to attack those much weaker I wonder where they get the right to cry about "honor". The branch is a weapon, please feel free to buy one and break my leather armor or my bone, I won't cry, but don't you either.

I can only add AMEN :whistle::P:)

When i resetted i entered pk maps regardless, i was very weak and gone there. Got pked and dont cried about it.

When you entered the map, you are risking *much* stuff and you need somereward. If you kill someone you made the bag, and therefore the items are yours and you are not "stealing".

Its like you bet the items on your inventory when you enter pk map, you may pk an enemy and win more stuff or you may got pked and lose stuff. And the chances are usually against you, since the only ones who go to pk maps are other pkers and they usually have rostogol, so you get no drop. But remember, no one forced you to go there. If someone scammed you, and forced you to go into pk, that is another story.

There are maps made specially for this kind of "betting", if you dont like this, there are other maps where you can live happilly. If you like, welcome and have fun... but plz, if you dont like and even so go there dont cry if you lose stuff and say someone "stole" when its not the case.

"Oh, but i go where i want, when i want, etc". So remember, people can still attack you and your inventory or a rostogol is what you bet when you entered the map, in the other hand you can attack enemies and exit the map richer than before...

Edited by Lorck

It's simple. Don't go into Pk with Items you don't want to lose :P

....atleast thats what the Pker's say when someone complains about getting got :whistle:

Edited by Sweettea

:whistle:

Starting this thread because Viking Guild now consider the use of this item as an outlaw action, and call on other guilds to do the same.

The branch can break el store bought items (rosts are different matter so i wont even go there) thus ruining the gaming experince for players.

Yes you may say that that is pk, i would say it is not, it is just plain viciousness. angry.gif

In pk you are attempting the "kill" the player and with some luck get a drop where, perhaps if you are kind of heart can even give back (for a price?) tongue.gif , but with the Branch you are trying to break peoples stuff and take the item out of the game forever (thermal serps are not repairable). :P

Those players and Guilds we have seen use the Branch in recent times will be #ig and ask to refain from its use in the future, If they continue to use we will be declaring war upon them (if we are not already at war with them :) ) and asking our allies to assist.

/mortsllehm, GuildMaster of Vikings along with all other fighters from Valhalla

Just a question....or a question and a statement really.

Was this item not also purchased by Don? and did it not break on him??

and.......the best of all....have you seen how much this furshlegginer stick cost???? :omg::omg:

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeezz anyone who pays that much deserves to smash some stuff

or tongue in cheek response...think of it like an eachway bet ;)

It was his last night on game and he wanted to demonstrate how dungerous the branch is.

Edited by Lorck

What was that statement you made lorck....two wrongs don’t make a right, yet if Don goes out and does it...that’s ok, its just to prove a point.

Many things have changed in this game over time, cool down for example....many ppl hated it and still do but they try to adapt and continue playing.....those that didn't stopped playing, which is a shame but if you can't adapt to what is put into place (brod the topic here) maybe you need to quit too...or stop complaining and start adapting.

Don't post if you don't know .. vam

gg i pk now all bone and branch boyz

Edited by NitageR

why are people still heree arguing?

either you support use of the branch and you are therefore a weak and/or just stupid person, or you dont support it and support the way the game is supposed to be, fair and fun.

It was his last night on game and he wanted to demonstrate how dungerous the branch is.

geeeeeeeeeee thanx

Don't post if you don't know .. vam

gg i pk now all bone and branch boyz

well dear chap....if you think i would pay that money for it....you are sadly mistaken :P

why are people still heree arguing?

either you support use of the branch and you are therefore a weak and/or just stupid person, or you dont support it and support the way the game is supposed to be, fair and fun.

well can only answer for myself....in a sense to see how much i can get others to write about it.