Eternal Lands Official Forums
mortsllehm

Branch of Destruction

Starting this thread because Viking Guild now consider the use of this item as an outlaw action, and call on other guilds to do the same.

The branch can break el store bought items (rosts are different matter so i wont even go there) thus ruining the gaming experince for players.

Yes you may say that that is pk, i would say it is not, it is just plain viciousness. angry.gif

In pk you are attempting the "kill" the player and with some luck get a drop where, perhaps if you are kind of heart can even give back (for a price?) tongue.gif , but with the Branch you are trying to break peoples stuff and take the item out of the game forever (thermal serps are not repairable). ;)

Those players and Guilds we have seen use the Branch in recent times will be #ig and ask to refain from its use in the future, If they continue to use we will be declaring war upon them (if we are not already at war with them :) ) and asking our allies to assist.

/mortsllehm, GuildMaster of Vikings along with all other fighters from Valhalla

Lol.

I know one person in EL who has the Branch, and a few who have the Bone..

This is a funny thread. ;)

Bit of a mistake on the topic tile....It is the branch that this is about

I guess both, perhaps the Branch more.

Guest ohmygod

Bit of a mistake on the topic tile....It is the branch that this is about

I guess both, perhaps the Branch more.

No Just the branch, the BOD (bone of Death) don't break stuff, it just breaks ;)

I am against branch/bone of destruction, and if anyone cares about what i think (i guess not ;) ), i vote for removal of BoD from this game.

(Edit: I have no idea how i repeated my message 2 more times)

Edited by Dejan

Guest ohmygod

I am against branch/bone of destruction, and if anyone cares about what i think (i guess not), i vote for removal of BoD from this game.

Thats up to Ent.

It is in the game now how do we deal with it as players?

IMO the BOD is managable and does not set out to destroy you items.

seems to be a problem with the forums i get : "?", $url ) ) . $after; } } ?> : all the time now.

Branch is a weapon, those who use it, do so for the purpose to break your items...why? maybe because of the cost you will suffer,..why...maybe because of all the costs of armor/deaths/rostos you have caused them. its a weapon in game that not many have but im sure more would use if they could afford it.

Edit : I am not supporting the use of it, but i would bet anything if it wasnt so expensive more pk'rs would use it just to get back at you(general you) for the troubles.

Edited by chaoogie

Starting this thread because Viking Guild now consider the use of this item as an outlaw action, and call on other guilds to do the same.

Still, this seems a reasonable suggestion. From the discussions I've seen, branch tends to fall outside what people would consider "honorable" PK, and so is potentially an outlaw action. Doesn't need removed from the game any more than bagjumping or scamming. But it can be frowned upon by the community.

seems to be a problem with the forums i get : "?", $url ) ) . $after; } } ?> : all the time now.

Branch is a weapon, those who use it, do so for the purpose to break your items...why? maybe because of the cost you will suffer,..why...maybe because of all the costs of armor/deaths/rostos you have caused them. its a weapon in game that not many have but im sure more would use if they could afford it.

Edit : I am not supporting the use of it, but i would bet anything if it wasnt so expensive more pk'rs would use it just to get back at you(general you) for the troubles.

I get that problem too.

But, I think what chaoo said is right, It's here for a prupose.

Just a quick note, as some Pk'rs have said, PK is free for all, dont go into pk unless your prepared to lose stuff, etc.. cant remember who has said what and what not, but yea, seems their mentality changes when they pk noobs/midlevel a/d people and they dont have rosto they say its free for all dont go into pk if u dont wanan lose somehting... just an observation

Hmm..the spirit of fighting is showing your opponent you are better than him, you can beat him. But now there are ppl who don't care about it, pk fun,respect etc. They want to destroy your items your hard work and only it. Remove this wep from game :D

True it is to show who is better, but as you said there are those who dont care about that and just pk anything/anyone on site for items / gc and will kill _____ anytime and do w/e to kill them. after a while ti gets old...nita..how about we switch charas .. :> ..plx :D

Guest stalag

The branch of destruction is in game to be used stop crying about it :cry:

Don't come here to try impose rules to the comunity and threats :icon4:

If you dont like it just send a pm to radu, after all , if you guys wanna blame someone blame him and not who use it .

I will move to DC when i do my next def level, will pump my p/c (finally!) and will use it without any problem against you try pk me and it will give me joy break some expensive stuff :D

Like it's fair use thermal against who cant afford one but is not fair use branch ???? ROFL !

I say dont use any magical weapon or use all ! :icon13:

but with the Branch you are trying to break peoples stuff and take the item out of the game forever (thermal serps are not repairable)

Branch only destroyes armor, right?

...it has a chance to break anything you are wearing... try asking ingame/check forums

...for example you wear col....thermal serp....medallions

Edited by chaoogie

Guest stalag
Branch only destroyes armor, right?

no...it destroyes weapons also

The branch of destruction is in game to be used stop crying about it :icon13:

Don't come here to try impose rules to the comunity and threats :cry:

If you dont like it just send a pm to radu, after all , if you guys wanna blame someone blame him and not who use it .

I will move to DC when i do my next def level, will pump my p/c (finally!) and will use it without any problem against you try pk me and it will give me joy break some expensive stuff :D

Like it's fair use thermal against who cant afford one but is not fair use branch ???? ROFL !

I say dont use any magical weapon or use all ! :icon13:

Agreed. :icon4:

I will move to DC when i do my next def level, will pump my p/c (finally!) and will use it without any problem against you try pk me and it will give me joy break some expensive stuff :)

I say dont use any magical weapon or use all ! :D

Agreed. :icon13:

Because both Stalag (how much gc you bought for RL money?) and Liquid (how much gc you scammed? i bet is more than 1M?) are rich boys with low stats who can win a fair fight.

So resort to lame atempts to try to achieve winning.

If we break their stuff with branch, they just send some US$ for a friend of them and someone give a crapload of gc to them and they buy another stuff. If they break something we have we need to work our ass off to re-buy the stuff in game.

And of course, they do that because they cant win now a fair fight and would never do that. If someone can afford a COL and offer a free fight without COL i accept. Same for bones, t. serps, expensive armor etc...

It seems like stalag resembles the Portugal selection, they break their opponents legs to achieve easy winning when they cant in a fair match.

I will move to DC when i do my next def level, will pump my p/c (finally!) and will use it without any problem against you try pk me and it will give me joy break some expensive stuff :)

I say dont use any magical weapon or use all ! :D

Agreed. :icon13:

Because both Stalag (how much gc you bought for RL money?) and Liquid (how much gc you scammed? i bet is more than 1M?) are rich boys with low stats who can win a fair fight.

So resort to lame atempts to try to achieve winning.

If we break their stuff with branch, they just send some US$ for a friend of them and someone give a crapload of gc to them and they buy another stuff. If they break something we have we need to work our ass off to re-buy the stuff in game.

And of course, they do that because they cant win now a fair fight and would never do that. If someone can afford a COL and offer a free fight without COL i accept. Same for bones, t. serps, expensive armor etc...

It seems like stalag resembles the Portugal selection, they break their opponents legs to achieve easy winning when they cant in a fair match.

I don't scam gc, wtf you on about?

Aint my fault if people don't know what a Rosto Stone is, is it?.. I sell stuff I have PK'd, to make my gc, I don't scam, or steal other people's GC, I can get it myself.

#edit - I don't spend $ on a game either.

Edited by Liquid

Ye right, do you care if i link to every outlaw or abuse or ban thread for scamming or hacking or whatever you was on. The stuff i said is still true, some people like you use branch because they simply cant win in a fair fight. And Nitager was right, pk is to show your char skills and your personal pk skills not to break stuff...

Guest ohmygod

We acknowledge that some indidviduals will use the branch or bag jump as it is a part of "the game" and you as an individual are allowed.

Most guilds how ever do not allow bagjumping and it is a rule = Kickable offence.

To those GMs reading this we ask that you consider banning the use of the branch within your guild.

What say you?

roflol wanna make branch outlaws cause don wont come back to el with branch of destruction in game :icon13:

Iam red tag for u last 16months so i can go buy one now, will make u happy atleast :)

PS: plx what armor and weapons i can use if i wont be on your pk list :D

Edited by Matess

Guest stalag
are rich boys with low stats who can win a fair fight.

5 july of 2006 : att rank 37 ; def rank : 26 It's not that low.

To spend 200$, 300$ a year in a game dosent make someone rich, its like paying WOW signature over a year and 6 million do it and to keep the game free for everybody some ppl have to help with real $.

Besides im always saying that the drops should be bigger and more coins per monster so i dont look only to me but for the comunity.

I dont understand why use branch now is considered BJ :)

As i told RADU (entropy) is the man to pm and ask to remove it , if he allows it dont see where is the problem?

If everybody agree to not use all, including COL, thermal , tit plate armour etc im in , now only remove some stuff and let the other im out.