Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Please predownload the update

The update will happen in a few days (there are some factors outside of my control), but the updated Windows client is ready.

So please download it now, if possible, so that when we update the game you will already have it, and won't put a huge strain on the server at once.

However, do NOT install the update, because this client is NOT compatible with the current server. Installing it will cause you a lot of problems, so just don't do it until we tell you to do so. Ok?

If you download the update now, you will not be required to download it later on, in a few days.

So just download it, and REMEMBER where you downloaded it. You know, write on a piece of paper or something the location where you saved it. It's really not that hard.

If you prematurely install the update, then ask our mods/helpers for help, you will very likely get banned, because we are busy as it is, without people complaining about things they were specifically told not to do.

Here is the URL:

http://www.rivanwarriors.com/radu/el_update_130.exe

As you can see, it is hosted by the Rivan Warriors guild, so we thank them for that.

The Linux and OSX client are not available yet, but they should be at the time of the update. The OSX client might take a few more days, you should contact 0ctane about it.

Any questions, post them here.

I assume this is, or is very close to RC2, and is fully compatible with the test server?

when exactly can we install cause i am wondering (i am downloading now)
The update will happen in a few days

Installing it will cause you a lot of problems, just don't do it until we tell you to do so. Ok?

Edited by Mar(c)

when exactly can we install cause i am wondering (i am downloading now)

It'll be announced when. If you miss the announcement, and try to log in with the current version, it'll just tell you to update. Install it then.

I assume this is, or is very close to RC2, and is fully compatible with the test server?

Is not RC2, there were a few map fixes. And I think it is pretty compatible with the test server, although the maps on the test server have not been updated since rc2, so there might be slight problems.

Nice server load, 4kb/s :lipssealed:

Edit: from the moment I have it, can I host it somewhere else to have a mirror for some days ?

Edited by Cycloonx

is it me or is the download going slow? bad connection to the host, how is resolved?

Scroll down a little and see who all is on this page atm. May give you a slight hint that many are downloading at same moment and therefore, it will be a little slower. This is why Ent wants us to do it now if we can, as 40 ppl downloading is slow, so think about 400 trying at the same time. So relax and go pop some popcorn while you wait :lipssealed:

What will be in this new update armor wise? Or cant you answer that?

is it me or is the download going slow? bad connection to the host, how is resolved?

Scroll down a little and see who all is on this page atm. May give you a slight hint that many are downloading at same moment and therefore, it will be a little slower. This is why Ent wants us to do it now if we can, as 40 ppl downloading is slow, so think about 400 trying at the same time. So relax and go pop some popcorn while you wait :lipssealed:

:lipssealed: Never thought of it like that, I'll pass on the pop corn, but I will go shopping for some f00d :lipssealed:

What will be in this new update armor wise? Or cant you answer that?

Maps, armours, wepons, ores, me :evilgrin:

Nice server load, 4kb/s :lipssealed:

Edit: from the moment I have it, can I host it somewhere else to have a mirror for some days ?

No, but feel free to make a BitTorrent stream with it.

I installed this release into a clean directory and it looks like it's an update rather than a full client install (there are LOTS of files missing). Is this intended to be installed over an existing EL directory rather than being a full stand-alone clinent install?

I clearly know how to use it as an update, I just had the impression it would be a full client.

you aren't supposed to install it yet

I know. That's not what I'm asking about. I just want to verify that it's SUPPOSE to be an update, not a full install.

The word update is in the name of the executable. If it was EL_130.exe or EL_full_130.exe or something like that, it would be full client.

And dont see a problem of someone who knew what he was doing to install it in a separate directory. The warnings are against clueless people who would install it overwriting the normal client, dont be able to connect to the server and then crying about it to the mods.

Are the formulas for manufacturing and def/acc etc. stats for the new armors/weapons/harvesting ores/whatever already known to the encyclopedia maintainers?

Those things should all be included in the update and not some time after as

1. it eases things a lot

2. it'll keep 80% of all players from asking how to harvest the new ores, how to build the new armor, what the acc/def/armor stats are etc. If it's just some "insider info" on the web (hence, all the new players still have to ask how to do bone powder, but that's in the encyclopedia now fortunatly :lipssealed:

I didn't see anything about this in the latest encyclopdia xml files, please tell the encyclopedia maintainers the formulas for the new things in case they dont already know.

Edited by scandium

Thise new items are advanced items, new players can't use them anyway.

Which is why we want some surprise in the game as well.

hi is this the same update that has been tested on the test server? if so i still have that update..will i need to download this update?
Read the thread, Entropy already answered this question.

Is not RC2, there were a few map fixes. And I think it is pretty compatible with the test server, although the maps on the test server have not been updated since rc2, so there might be slight problems

hi is this the same update that has been tested on the test server? if so i still have that update..will i need to download this update?

Per Entropy's comments above:

Is not RC2, there were a few map fixes. And I think it is pretty compatible with the test server, although the maps on the test server have not been updated since rc2, so there might be slight problems.

You will need to download and update the client again once the server update happens.

Edited by bkc56

Nice server load, 4kb/s :D

No, but feel free to make a BitTorrent stream with it.

Has anyone made a BitTorrent stream yet? If not, I'd be willing to take a crack at it. (I haven't used BitTorrent before so it might take a few tries.)

Dave

Has anyone made a BitTorrent stream yet? If not, I'd be willing to take a crack at it. (I haven't used BitTorrent before so it might take a few tries.)

One of the things about making a bittorrent stream is that you will need a fast upload speed if you are the initial seeder, everyone will be downloading it from you. If you have a 100Mb pipe then you'll be fine, if you're on dialup or broadband it will be quicker for all concerned to get it via the provided link.

One of the things about making a bittorrent stream is that you will need a fast upload speed if you are the initial seeder, everyone will be downloading it from you. If you have a 100Mb pipe then you'll be fine, if you're on dialup or broadband it will be quicker for all concerned to get it via the provided link.

Yeah, that's why i'm not making a stream, and this update will be download by how many people via a torrent? Maybe 20? That's not worth to seed...