Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cycloonx

Move Spell

I was thinking about a spell to move someone some squares. Like when you are fighting, and a 2nd player comes and attack you too, you can teleport him to another square so he stops attacking you (I would say max 5 squares). Or you can simply use it to move your opponent away from you. This spell won't work on non pk maps maybe only on animals and monsters. And this should also be a high level spell. What do you all think? :D

Sounds like sort of an inverted flee where you move them instead if moving yourself.

Not sure if it wouldn't kill the fight. Some people would just 'push' enemy all the time:/

only on PK maps? bleh, this spell would be even more relevant at choke-points on non-pk maps... bridges, narrow paths, etc. if someone's blocking it, esp if they're afk (or an ant, which happens too often) then just shove them out of the way

Not sure if it wouldn't kill the fight. Some people would just 'push' enemy all the time:/

That's why it is a high level spell, which would ask a nice amount of srs and nice amount of essences so it should me used like max 2-3 times per fight. And this would add some more excitment to the pking instead of just standing there and wait to diss or heal :D

only on PK maps? bleh, this spell would be even more relevant at choke-points on non-pk maps... bridges, narrow paths, etc. if someone's blocking it, esp if they're afk (or an ant, which happens too often) then just shove them out of the way

The problem here is that you also can move someone of a bag, and I think that's a little unfair...

And you could also push people into arenas if they're close enough, and there was already enough trouble with people logging out and in in the edge

And you could also push people into arenas if they're close enough, and there was already enough trouble with people logging out and in in the edge

Or I just came with abuse idea: constantly disturbs people while harvesting...

I already said to NOT use it on non pk maps, so you can't annoy people with this sort of things.

People harvest in pk maps, they also sit on bags in pk maps :blush:

I'm not sure I like the idea of a player having that much control over another players motions.

People harvest in pk maps, they also sit on bags in pk maps :blush:

I'm not sure I like the idea of a player having that much control over another players motions.

Only a small part harvest in pk, and i'm sure they don't sit bag there to mix stuff. And I think it could add some extra pk strategies.

'Move other' sounds dodgy...

call it 'Repel' :D

As for the spell? I am not overly sure you'd even have time to cast this whilst being multied

If you could push away people who are sitting deathbags, stop their harvesting etc, this should be offensive spell. That would mean you couldn't use it outside pk to other players, and it would make impossible to cheat in fleeing when the spell itself is same as attacking.

It could also need high magic level that just few people can bagjump/cheap with it :cry:

Edited by ville-v

The problem here is that you also can move someone of a bag, and I think that's a little unfair...

Make it so that if you 'push' someone who is on a bag the bag goes with them? to stop people pushing you away from storage whilst you potion or whatever make it push in a random direction and always stay with in storage reach so it doesnt mess you up? would save hassle when NC storage (and others) get very busy.

nice idea cycloonx.

EG

Make it so that if you 'push' someone who is on a bag the bag goes with them? to stop people pushing you away from storage whilst you potion or whatever make it push in a random direction and always stay with in storage reach so it doesnt mess you up? would save hassle when NC storage (and others) get very busy.

nice idea cycloonx.

EG

"Bags don't belong to anyone, don't put anything in a bag you're not willing to lose." I don't see a reason that a Repel spell should move the bag also.

Gentlemen, read carefully Cycloonx's post:

YOU COULD USE IT ONLY IN PK MAPS

As I said, are there no bags at pk maps?

Also, as I said earlier, to make it work at just pk maps, and because it is developed just for annoying and bagjumping other people, it should be offensive spell. And it there really need for spell that moves your opponent little farther before you attack him? Giving your friend time to jump the bag? :)

It's not pushing him further before you attack. It's pushing him away so you could escape him. That's what is it planned for.

It's not pushing him further before you attack. It's pushing him away so you could escape him. That's what is it planned for.

Can't you read what I have posted? :confused:

It's a good idea but i don't think a spells should be restricted to special maps, everyone should have the oportunity to use it not only PKers wich makes it a bit problematic with all the abuses that will come from it so it wont work.

If you don't think that spells should not be restricted to certain maps, how about Harm, Life drain, Mana drain and with these Magic immunity (which is only result). I think that almost noone uses them in non PK maps...

(and you cannot use them on players on non PK maps in addition)