Eternal Lands Official Forums
NitageR

WaR

we need something that when u die u get respawned to the fort =)

capture the bag might be fun, but players shouldnt be alowed to stand on the bag, unless its the enemy

but then again, people just tele to range on the bag

X,x

before we get a new big event, i think there need to be alot of new features inplented ingame

I was talking a little bit with Lorck about it and we have few ideas.

First of all place, Lorck suggested map like imbroglio islands outside, nice map with two forts, two caves non-pk to serve a base.

And the whole idea. Each team would have an artifact - a bag with some random amount of fruits for an example - different each time after it gets captured by the enemy team. This amount will be known only by people defending the bag and the mods. The team leaders will stand on bag and defend it, while the others will defeand the team leader and bag also =P. The goal is to make team leader to be *so kind and move* from the bag, and then pm some mod with the number of fruits in the bag. Team which 1st scores hmm lets say 10 (or more) times wins. Teams can attack simultaneously - that will add some strategy to the captains.

I have an idea who would be team leaders and also we need something to balance teams. I suggest that all players will have permission to use CoL, but each umm good question a/d or overpowered p/c player can't use magic weapons. No branch of destruction also since we organize this contest for fun only....

The next aspect is that we will need participants combat level. iknow counts it, but i am pretty sure that not everyone will be so kind to tell his/her combat level. So maybe each participant will calculate cl as (p+c+a+d)/4 and post it hmm? Any better ideas?

Another problem is summon. As we all know many mountain chims do &^%$ lags and if we add many players to it an event wont be fair for people with slower pc or connection. And on the other hand why the hell call people to participate, lets summon xxx mc's and win. Makes no sense for me.. OR to constrain the number of summons per team, i think it is a good idea. We dont want it to be ELE's war....

If we had no drop day we can just use tele ess to get fast back from teh underworld.

Any comments, remarks?

Edited by NitageR

Well to assist, the 4 warlord bots are available for use for team managment.

Basically they auto accept and remove players on their list for team management. Wheather you want 2, 3 or 4 teams , no odds, they each already have a guild, and were origonally made for exactly this type of event.

Basically the organisers would be set up as botmasters who can add and remove players from the appropriate guild byy pm'ing the "warlord" bots, and when the day comes folks just #join_guild yadyyahdeyah then pming the bot #acceptme. after done pm the bot #kickme.

I leave the event details to others, but hope this helps ya set it up.

this wont work, ever heard of tptr to bypass the guards, summon a rat, and get the bag ?

like i saidm there need to be inplented lots of things to get a good event

If there are a good strategy by the captains it will not be so easy to capture the bag. For instance, the bag could be located at a corner, an around it 2 or 3 good fighters. So the rat stuff will not work since the other fighters would attack the rat before than the captain and therefore the captain will not moves.

Of course after that would be a second line of defense, if someone tele to range the second lines attack, etc.

In this kind of wars that make it really interesting, because you dont need a really big att/def/phys/coord to shine, but smart gameplay and strategy. :angry:

to many newbs in EL, there are only like 10 people who can pk decent

dont make things to complecated

I think nitager and lorck have picked the right spot with imbroglio, that would seem to be an excellent spot, once the rest of the details are agreed upon.

The next aspect is that we will need participants combat level. iknow counts it, but i am pretty sure that not everyone will be so kind to tell his/her combat level. So maybe each participant will calculate cl as (p+c+a+d)/4 and post it hmm? Any better ideas?

This page will calculate your combat level. Just like iknow :angry:

Combat Level Calculator

And the whole idea. Each team would have an artifact - a bag with some random amount of fruits for an example - different each time after it gets captured by the enemy team. This amount will be known only by people defending the bag and the mods.
so... the proof that you got to the bag is that you know exactly what's in it? so all the defenders have to do is change the amount and you'll get the wrong number when trying to register your score?

or you could just force :hug: ask Learner to program the ant_queens to stand in a fort and let em defend themselves a bit (the first one who kills the opponents ant_queen wins)

Edited by Hardcore

or you could just ask Learner to program the ant_queens to stand in a fort and let em defend themselves a bit (the first one who kills the opponents ant_queen wins)

Interesting idea too.

Maybe the players join the ant and red guilds. :hug:

The team with FireAnt_Queen would win :hug:

Edit: Thought it could be balanced like that other team has Ant_Queen, Ant_1, Ant_2, Ant_3 in their fort, other team has FireAnt_Queen and FireAnt_1 in fort and other ants roam around :)

Edited by ville-v

maybe Learner could tweak their stats a bit? (and after the war put the stats back of course)

and there are enough people who can kill ant_queen ;p

xD

Edited by Hardcore

Nah, fireant_queen is easy to kill. :D

But harder that Ant_Queen :)

Especially if she is given serp, mirror, good armor, damage rings and great healing potions :hug:

With mufossa (or toomass or dezm or nitager or ...) defending it does not really matter the strenght of the queen.

With mufossa (or toomass or dezm or nitager or ...) defending it does not really matter the strenght of the queen.

But when somebody gets past them, it matters if queen of other team can be killed in 2-4 hits and other in 4-12 :hug:

If someone pass the defenders themselves, the queens is just a way to show this.

In the original idea, when i talked with Nitager it would be Mufossa and TooMass (the strongest fighters of this game) to be the captains and the ones keeping the bags. It would add some kind of "final boss" to overcome. Of course you can make a event when the only goal is to kill the captains (very difficult task), but i think they want to play the offensive side too, not just sitting in a fort waiting to roleplay "the final boss".

And in my personal opinion, catch the bag is a bit more interesting. :hug:

EDIT: And the difficult part would be pass the defenders, the queens are pretty easy to kill even with restore if you got high levels.

Edited by Lorck