Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ghrae

Charm of Annoyance

Other than that, I don't see any skill being profitable.

So that leads me to believe that PK should not be profitable either (why give them an advantage over other skills).

Shouldn't all skills be profitable by themselves? A crafter shouldn't have to spend time down the coal/silver mine to make some cash. Fighting monsters you can make a profit by killing something quickly with a sword. PK should have potential profit (not everyone will be able to profit from it obviously).

If this gets implemented i want an item that lets me craft/manu everything with 90% success rate for 5 minutes, regardless of lvl.

The item I suggested wasn't 100%. I guess PKing means that you are unable to read unless you read what you want to hear. It was a low chance. A small chance to send you away.

And have you seen market? Everyone sells ROPs and other "high level" crafting already. Hello! The market is flooded with crafting stuff. Finished goods sell below the cost of the items. So I already live in a world of "levels don't matter". And there already is a success boost: crafting god. Oh wait, there's another boost: crafting potions (and I don't remember crafters up in arms when this was introduced).

Also, let me ask: do fighters expect to be profitable? I ask because I can only tell of a few truly profitable ventures in the game: harvesting, alchemy (in some forms) and monster killing (higher levels: cloaks, etc).

Other than that, I don't see any skill being profitable.

So that leads me to believe that PK should not be profitable either (why give them an advantage over other skills). But you say it isn't profitable. Ok. So now you're back at the bully stage where you just want to be able to kill everyone because that is how you have a good time? :hug:

You can kill only those who enter pk maps, if one does not enter, s/he will not die. That person who entered a pk map made a choice and accepted the risks.

Oh, you mean there are a chance of your effort in some skills be worthless and you will be annoyed because of this? Very fair.

Monster killing is unprofitable if you are trying to train on the monsters, not just serping them.

I am not just saying that pk is only unprofitable. I am saying several changes on the game was just made to harm pkers, the introduction of the branch was far the worst of that.

Oh, but the fighters are the ones who buy the stuff made by crafters, for instance, so the several annoyances there are already in game contribute to have less fighters and therefore lend the market to oblivion.

Of course, fighters are ebul (oh, they use the skills they trained), bully, and dont make anything good for the game, lets cripple them and annoy them to death.

Edited by Lorck

Of course, fighters are ebul (oh, they use the skills they trained), bully, and dont make anything good for the game, lets cripple them and annoy them to death.

Not all fighters. But are you now saying that you are all saints? Loved by one and all in game? Are you saying that there are no PKers who use their skill just to PK everyone because they can?

I think you're intelligent enough to know that some of these people go to far. But you're more worried about the effect it has on yourself rather than on the community at large.

But you're more worried about the effect it has on yourself rather than on the community at large.

I only pk people with red tags or very personal enemies, so i dont kill noobs very often, and therefore have little to worry about it.

<sarcasm>

Of course, since i am in =Hc= i should be evil and attack everything that moves. :angry:

</sarcasm>

Fighters having a chance of being annoyed when making a *legitime* use of their skills, when there are more than enough annoyances for them would make the pk environment even worse. People are already quitting because of those other stuff, so would have even less people to fight at your level, making other people bored and making them quitting too.

And with less fighters the economy will go even worse, and crafters/pot makers/alchers/manuers/etc will cry even louder.

PK is a vital issue of the game, and it needs support not annoyances.

Are you saying that there are no PKers who use their skill just to PK everyone because they can?

They have the right to. That right was earned training or buying a char. No point in punishing those who worked to get what they got and rewarding those who did not.

You see a big red warning when entering a pk map, so its your own risk, if you dont want this style of play dont go there. There are plenty of maps you can live happily without stressing yourself. People who entered agreed with this, so they also agreed in being attacked and even killed by other players, even those who are stronger than them.

There was discussion on the past about having pk maps with some limits of att/def for people enter etc. I hope this get implemented, so people who did not worked their fighting stats can get fun in pk and stop complaining when others attacked them.

There was discussion on the past about having pk maps with some limits of att/def for people enter etc. I hope this get implemented, so people who did not worked their fighting stats can get fun in pk and stop complaining when others attacked them.

Unfortunately this can not happen. It would be too complicated to balance A/D/P/C for PVP Arenas. More complicated when you add in various armor and weapon types.

Unfortunately this can not happen. It would be too complicated to balance A/D/P/C for PVP Arenas. More complicated when you add in various armor and weapon types.

There was the other suggestion from 0ctane.

My point is: people dont want to be attacked? So they need to make an effort for that, either spending pickpoints to get a higher charm cross attribute (charm would be useful to have advantages when trading with npcs etc) or training his combat skills.

To have an item who rewards the low level and punish the higher (even with a small chance to happen) is a bit unfair, in my humble oppinion.

Edited by Lorck

It took me ages before I even went into KF for the first timing and actually bringing stuff, because I expected to be dead right away because of that 'ebul pk'er' image. I wasn't, spent quite some time in KF for a while (not recently, don't know how it is now) and still have to meet those I guess.

Problem I see is that there's often talk about the level differences, lower level players should have more means of protection against the 'bullies'. Well, apart from the fact that PK'ers don't ONLY pk low lever players for the fun of bullying, there's also the fact of outlaws and such. I don't PK myself, it's just not for me. But nevertheless I have attacked much weaker players as well a few times. Why? Because I had a reason. Because they 'deserved' it to me. Of course that's subjective, but it's not a matter of just killing everyone just because you can.

I think that at least with ideas to protect 'lower levels' you have to be careful not to accommodate outlaws too much. Whether it's outlaws that *should* be punished in some way (getting on PK lists just as well as trade embargos) or personal enemies for some reason. If people do things that get them enemies, they should expect some consequences.

Killing lower level people isn't only 'bullying', it's a way to deal with outlaw behaviour as well.

Other than this point: best way to not get PK'ed when you're low level is just earn some 'respect' or whatever it is that makes people don't attack you. *Giving* some respect seems a good start.

Edit: and this is coming from a high level crafter, who'd love to have some more variety in crafting items, with strategic purposes as well - just a not creative one :D

Edited by molime

It took me ages before I even went into KF for the first timing and actually bringing stuff, because I expected to be dead right away because of that 'ebul pk'er' image. I wasn't, spent quite some time in KF for a while (not recently, don't know how it is now) and still have to meet those I guess.

Problem I see is that there's often talk about the level differences, lower level players should have more means of protection against the 'bullies'. Well, apart from the fact that PK'ers don't ONLY pk low lever players for the fun of bullying, there's also the fact of outlaws and such. I don't PK myself, it's just not for me. But nevertheless I have attacked much weaker players as well a few times. Why? Because I had a reason. Because they 'deserved' it to me. Of course that's subjective, but it's not a matter of just killing everyone just because you can.

I think that at least with ideas to protect 'lower levels' you have to be careful not to accommodate outlaws too much. Whether it's outlaws that *should* be punished in some way (getting on PK lists just as well as trade embargos) or personal enemies for some reason. If people do things that get them enemies, they should expect some consequences.

Killing lower level people isn't only 'bullying', it's a way to deal with outlaw behaviour as well.

Other than this point: best way to not get PK'ed when you're low level is just earn some 'respect' or whatever it is that makes people don't attack you. *Giving* some respect seems a good start.

Edit: and this is coming from a high level crafter, who'd love to have some more variety in crafting items, with strategic purposes as well - just a not creative one :D

i dont think much people pk mods

lol true, but what she says is correct. There are people who i dont kill because i like them or respect them. I hardly ever kill noobs in PK anymore, alot of people can prove this (all those ca$h members i left alone and who now attack me because i reset :P)

best way not to get attacked is to either speak to the pkers and get to know them or train, dont come to forums and whine :D

Wow. I am surprised at how well received was my charm cross attribute suggestion. I just thought of an interesting side on the suggestion... beginning PKers could even boost their charm to avoid undesirable high-level PK encounters.

Also, my little calculation should probably be fixed. Two people with the same charm should have no additional chance to avoid combat. Therefore, avoidance = (charmA - charmB)*4%. This would make pickpoint selection much more interesting for both PKers and non-PKers. After all, two pretty girls should be able to fight one another. :D

BTW, I was PKed just "playing through" TD once (on wine quest), but I had the forethought to place all my items into storage first. Some bully in full plate, serpent sword, and over 120MP slaughtered my lowly character. Was I surprised? No. Was I upset? Yes. But, I knew what I was getting into by entering the map. Now, I wait for a Peace Day.

Thread cleaned up.

I don't mind if you don't agree with the subject... just don't spam the thread.

Guest ohmygod

I didnt agree with the subject. i made 1 post and it got deleted. WTF?

How many hours/days/weeks/months spent in pk maps Ghrae?

If you don't go into pk maps don't suggest changes that affect those that do.

I didnt agree with the subject. i made 1 post and it got deleted. WTF?

Erm your post was deleted most likely because your suggestions are already in the game O.o

Guest ohmygod

my point in the post that was deleted was that there are already in game ways to annoy PKers and did we really need a new way?

Note: you had to read in between the lines to get that message from it though :P

I know what your point was.

My point is non-productive spam gets deleted. No lines needed.