Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zelse

Superpowers

Well you know how in some suggestions there has been some ideas that rare items in random places can be discovered and kept for say 2-3 days before leaving the finder and being located to a random place? Well why not have rare essences or charms that do this?

there could be 3 essences/charms that are hidden all over Draia, they are: Warlock Essence/charm, Demigod Essence/charm, and Fairy Essence/charm.

Warlock Essence/Charm

With this essence a player can have the ability to teleport to any map s/he wishes with the ability to spawn certain monsters like they do in the invasions and it wont cost them essences, material points, food level and exp to do this. The amount of animals/monsters they spawn and the difficulty of the creature s/he chooses to spawn could be determined on they're will, animal nexus, magic nexus and summoning level(dont ask how, its just a suggestion lol). This essence/charm will stay with its bearer until s/he (who will be considered a warlock) is killed or the maximum amount of creatures the warlock can summon (say 50 for example) is defeated 3 times (thats 150 altogether). So a warlock can unexpectedly show up in a storage and raid it *scary scary* and a warlock (if coincidence occurs) can help fight enemy monsters during invasions.

Fairy Essence/Charm

A person who gets a Fairy essence/charm becomes a fairy. The fairy can summon a small amount of wood sprites, brownies, and/or leprechauns free of exp, mana, food and essences but they cant be attacked or attack others, they are for show like the unicorn. The fairy can: heal others free of resources, the chances of mother nature, radon pouches, cavern walls, bee stings, teleport nexus' doing harm to you will be cut by half when the fairy is in that particluar map. The fairy could on the other hand INCREASE the chance of those bad things happening to you while you harvest. Also the fairy can cut all monsters hit point in the same map that s/he is in by 1/3 by cutting his or her own hit point by 1/2. A person will be a fairy for 3 ingame days, someone kills him/her or the fairies monster cut(you know the 1/3 for 1/2) reaches 0.

Demigod Essence/Charm

The map in which this essence/charm is found in is where the player will be restricted to. The demigod cannot leave this map (say s/he finds it in a tavern or cave, the map in which the tavern or cave say idaloran for example is the demigods realm). This essence/charm is a combination of the fairy and warlock charm/essence. The demigod can spawn monsters free of exp,mana,food level, essences and such. The demigod can have up to 100 spawns max but the strength of the creature s/he spawns will balance it out, for example the demigod can spawn 100 skunks cause they're weak, but can summon only 1 artic chim (or 10?) you get the picture lol. A demigod can also increase or decrease the bad harvesting events like the fairy. The demigod could also allow the map to cause hot and/or cold damage. A person will be a demigod until his/her death only and will get a set amount of HP when they obtain the essence/charm like 1000 hit points or 500 added to their current HP.

A special toolbar will come up when a person gets one of these essences/charms and you can only have one of these special essences/charms at a time. People given these special powers automatically have these restrictions: they cannot or be PMed, chat or be on guild channels, # channels and can only talk on local. They cannot heal themselves, #beam me up, trade with other players, attack others (only be attacked), make items, get exp of any form, or eat food (food level stay the same throughout their 'period'). Also they cannot accesss their storage. Anyways let me know what you think and add to my idea if you'd like :pinch:

I dunno... somehow allowing ppl to raid storages (or any non-PK map for that matter) with invasion creatures just doesn't sound like a good thing. What happens if they try to do it on IP?

All the more reason to have them defeated, oh and I forgot to add: Once the person with the essence/charm dies or their time is up then the essence/charm (lets just call it a trinket) will not reappear on any map for around 10 ingame days because it has its own cooldown or recharge rate.

I dunno... somehow allowing ppl to raid storages (or any non-PK map for that matter) with invasion creatures just doesn't sound like a good thing. What happens if they try to do it on IP?

More restrictions and such could be added.

Edited by Zelse

cool i like it but if you made monsters come into non pk maps it would become chaos. Like dunian said what if they tried this in ip.

I don't like it. If she/he spawns alot of creatures and kills alot of noobs unsuspectedly, I think it would make them NOT WANT TO PLAY anymore.. I mean, that would have its advantages and disadvantages, wouldn't ya think? The advantages is the thought of how funny it would be on killing a noob right when they beam at the wraith.. and the Disadvantages would be the noob not wantin to play anymore, either he thinks everyone just hates noobs, or the game is very glitchy. I just don't know

I don't think you should be able to by storages with any creatures spawned either, if you do, I think you should stay in Hell 2 ingame days, for an Ultimate COOLDOWN and the 10 days for the essence/charm.

I just don't know about it.

It's a cool idea but i think it would be to many problems coming out of this for the mods the #abuse would fill up their screen.

Q1: What if the worst spoilsport in the game got a hold of one of these charms?

- Worse yet, what if a entire GUILD got a hold of one, and traded it amongst themselves by PK'ing each other regularly just as the "expiry date" is about to run out? (Communications problems can be overcome through an IM system running in parallel to EL)

Q2: What if a complete newbie somehow got a hold of one?

~Shouja~

hmm fairy...

new playable race?

Q1: What if the worst spoilsport in the game got a hold of one of these charms?

- Worse yet, what if a entire GUILD got a hold of one, and traded it amongst themselves by PK'ing each other regularly just as the "expiry date" is about to run out? (Communications problems can be overcome through an IM system running in parallel to EL)

It'd be another reason fopr players to work together- someone who has this charm WOULD be public enemy

Q2: What if a complete newbie somehow got a hold of one?

THAT...would be intresting

hmm fairy...

new playable race?

There is already another post about that, which is closed, which means there must be some other topic somewhere with the word "fairy" in the subject. Unfortunately I cannot find it.

Anyway if there will be a "fairy" race, there *must* also be a pony race.

OMG PONIES!!!!1111ONEONEONE :blink:

It's a good idea, and with some restrictions, it sounds like something that could be put in-game. In any idea involving combat, or little restrictions, newbs/noobs will be effected. Not all of them will, and your never going to be able to try an idea if you worry about the effect on every single person. if a newb/noob dies because of it, it was because they were at the wrong place, at the wrong time. It happens in every game...

Edited by sora_barzahd