Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kalach

I'm playing a...

What's your focus?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. What type of skills do you want your character to be strongest in?

• Fighting
    • Summoning
    • Potioning
    • Alchemy (essences)
    • Alchemy (bars)
    • Harvesting (Flowers)
    • Harvesting (Ore)
    • Manufacturing (Weapons)
    • Manufacturing (Armor)
    • Crafting

Simply "Other" - everything that does not belong to any of those categories listed in the survey.

Here is an example of a special character - a merchant. Merchant type is a type of EL character which does not level up so much ANY of common skills (he _does_ level-up, but that is kinda natural, isn't it?). Merchant's main focus is to get items from people from his guild, and sell them to others. Some might think it is stupid - but actually it is very, very good to have such character in a guild.

Other type of character is a explorer. Explorers too do not need to level-up so much, all they do is wandering around and trying to discover some secret. I personaly do these things a lot, and i must admit it is funny very much.

Simply "Other" - everything that does not belong to any of those categories listed in the survey.

Here is an example of a special character - a merchant. Merchant type is a type of EL character which does not level up so much ANY of common skills (he _does_ level-up, but that is kinda natural, isn't it?). Merchant's main focus is to get items from people from his guild, and sell them to others. Some might think it is stupid - but actually it is very, very good to have such character in a guild.

Other type of character is a explorer. Explorers too do not need to level-up so much, all they do is wandering around and trying to discover some secret. I personaly do these things a lot, and i must admit it is funny very much.

Ah! Thanks. These are actually tangential to the main reason I put the post, but they are very important ideas to have overall.

Another one to add is a healer, which a very, very few people play.

I know it has been said already, but still:

:blink:Omfgz0rz! Where the ahoona is the option Magic?!!1~

And seriously, Magic is my choice. :)

It isn't my strongest skill, but it's definately my answer to the question "What type of skill do you want your character to be strongest in?"

(And this is mainly about my character being a Mage, not about the details of the skill in EL per se.)

And there is another type of player "ladies' man", Dejan is a perfect example for it. That type of player focuses on raising his charm and using it as much as he can to get what he wants.

Edited by LadyReni

I know it has been said already, but still:

:POmfgz0rz! Where the ahoona is the option Magic?!!1~

And seriously, Magic is my choice. :)

It isn't my strongest skill, but it's definately my answer to the question "What type of skill do you want your character to be strongest in?"

(And this is mainly about my character being a Mage, not about the details of the skill in EL per se.)

Noted.

What can I say, I am incapable of making a post that a large number of people see, without some kind of stupid mistake in it. :blink:

LadyReni, actually i do not get anything, on contrary i usually lose - my pants. :blink:

i'm shocked to see so few of us potioners

My thought is that fighter types may tend to be more forum-goers. Or the poll maybe 100% Accurate. ;-D

The adjusted Percentages with Allrounders, Magic Users, and Vanyels included are:

Fighter: 40.8%

Summoner: 8.6%

Potioner: 6.4%

Alchemist (Essenses): 6.4%

Alchemist (Bars): 4.3%

Harvester (Flowers): 1.0%

Harvester (Ores, Minerals, Crystals): 4.3%

Manufacturer (Weapons): 4.3%

Manufacturer (Armor): 6.4%

Crafter: 7.5%

Allrounder: 7.5%

Vanyel: 1.0%

Mage: 1.0%

Edited by Kalach

All-rounder. And I mean total all-rounder. I do a bit in every skill, but also cover some of the 'special roles' too. Depending on my mood, I'm an explorer, or healer, and often a jester. :(

All-rounder. And I mean total all-rounder. I do a bit in every skill, but also cover some of the 'special roles' too. Depending on my mood, I'm an explorer, or healer, and often a jester. :(

I knew someone was going to be evil enought to make me have to adjust the percs. ;-D Hah! I won't! I won't I say!

I voted crafter, but I could have voted Other, since I tend to explore a lot (my character levels slowly, just because of that. I started playing a year ago, have played actively for about 7 months total, and my oa is 38 :rolleyes: )

Anyway, I chose crafting a month or so ago. Before that I tried summoning.

Topic and poll have different questions... Poll asks "What type of skills do you want your character to be strongest in?" and topic "What's your focus?"... I think everybody wants to be strongest in fighting because it is hardest to be strong, regardless if they are focusing to flower harvesting or something (come on, who would want to be the best of game in harvesting flowers or making essences!) :)

Topic and poll have different questions... Poll asks "What type of skills do you want your character to be strongest in?" and topic "What's your focus?"... I think everybody wants to be strongest in fighting because it is hardest to be strong, regardless if they are focusing to flower harvesting or something (come on, who would want to be the best of game in harvesting flowers or making essences!) ;)

I know/knew several people that would like to be the best in Alchemy o-O

Topic and poll have different questions... Poll asks "What type of skills do you want your character to be strongest in?" and topic "What's your focus?"... I think everybody wants to be strongest in fighting because it is hardest to be strong, regardless if they are focusing to flower harvesting or something (come on, who would want to be the best of game in harvesting flowers or making essences!) :)

But what kind of alchemy? ;) Maybe you noticed that the poll has bars and essences separated? If you are strongest in making bars, you should be also best in making essences :)

But what kind of alchemy? ;) Maybe you noticed that the poll has bars and essences separated? If you are strongest in making bars, you should be also best in making essences :)

They are/were mostly essence makers =)

Topic and poll have different questions... Poll asks "What type of skills do you want your character to be strongest in?" and topic "What's your focus?"... I think everybody wants to be strongest in fighting because it is hardest to be strong, regardless if they are focusing to flower harvesting or something (come on, who would want to be the best of game in harvesting flowers or making essences!) ;)

Actually, I would like my character to be strongest in summoning. I would put it that that is my focus for my character. Now, right now that is one of my weakest skills for my character, but that is my goal, my focus.

I'm an all rounder, i try to work on all my skills and set up some goals for how good i want to be in them, using a long term basis it's not going fast for me but i have fun doing it ;)

Gona work on my lower lvl skills soon after i finish the one i'm doing now.