Eternal Lands Official Forums
Infamous

Lord of the flies day

Lord of the flies day  

261 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the lord of the flies day implemented?

• Yes
    • No

I wanna know who told people life is fair? This day would bring new strategy to the game. As with all other changes there are people that say they will leave if it is implemented..I say bye..change can be good and bad.. everyone bitched about invasions when first suggested..now people bitch cause there arent enough of them..implement it and try it..then see just how bad/good it is...

BTW, its not letting me vote

Let me see if I understand this - the main argument FOR this day is to be fair, and NOW, you are saying this day should come to NOT be fair?

Is it unfair to the PKers to have to put their swords down for a day? Of course - but it's also unfair for the ones of us to have to put our hammers and tools down for a day - but, I guess to punish us for not wanting to fight players, but also wanting to defend against mosters, we should pay dearly for your minor inconvenience. I repeat - NOT AT ALL, not even a test.

Well, I sorta skimmed the threads, but I picked out the general pattern. Anyways, I'm voting no. If you want to 'encourage' people to PK, I'd suggest putting resources in PK maps.

edit: I do realize that this is one of those days that would happen every few blue moons, but still it would be a disaster for ppl afk or sitting on bags in storage.

Edited by Dunian

Well, as I have read these threads, I have noticed a pattern. We should perhaps call this day instead "Mods take a vacation Day". As most I have seen dislike this idea, and they too like to play the game while sorting out the problems of others. So Lord of the Flys will occur, as there will probably be no moderation when the day occurs.

Just my two cents worth.

I made the not fair comment because you guys that say no are the ones whining that it's NOT FAIR that there is yet another day that "prevents" you from doing your thing. If inside storages are made safe, as well as a few other safe zones through out the game, then what's the harm? you are saying that the fighters should try new things..why shouldn't the rest try fighting?

Why shouldn't the rest try fighting? Everyone already has to - try to do the third part of the newbbie quest without it. If anything, we're already forced to a certain amoiunt of fighting - but I guess the entire game sould just become one big PK map, to punish everyone because you have a day where you can't.

Again, would you like a forced day where you can do nothing but making one item (whether you can or not)?

on peace day im forced to do things id rather not have to do already. you know, being so one sided and unreasonable is not a fair approach. i've suggested several things that would make the day still tolerable for everyone that falls into the pk category, but do you stop to consider them? no. i'm taking everyone into consideration in my arguement. you are just adamantly saying to hell with the idea and not trying to reach a happy medium. try looking at the idea with an open mind. i hated cooldown at first, but stayed with it, and now think its pretty much ok, with the exception of a few things. now hearing that come out of my mouth should be a shock, because i was adamantly against cooldown.

**edit** can a mod check to see if my vote registered, and if not cast it for yes?

Edited by LadyWolf

tell me where the happy medium between life and death is, then.

Again, please answer me - we have a day where we can't manu at all, why not a day that forces everyone to manu? And, a day for no harvesting, why not nothing but harvesting? and, a day without eating, how about one nothing but eating?

If you would support these days, and forbid yourself another day of blood to work these, then fine - go ahead, have your day of blood.

This is an obvious attempt to promote classes - one thing this game has been VEHEMENTLY against - should it be any small wonder why I am damning this idea, without looking for "happy mediums"? There is no happy medium - the day is a whole day devoted to explotation, violation of the premises of the game, extortion, and generally a subversion of anyone who wants to fight monsters, but not players.

Then again, why should I other arguing with you? You don't want a happy medium - you just want me to end my opposition. I won't, unless you can prove to me that if I choose not to participate, I don't have to, and can still go about my business.

Or, maye you should sit and listen to your own side for 6 hours, on channel 4, for a peace day - All I heard for the entire day was "man this sucks", add obscenities.

Edited by Arnieman

This is an obvious attempt to promote classes - one thing this game has been VEHEMENTLY against - should it be any small wonder why I am damning this idea, without looking for "happy mediums"? There is no happy medium - the day is a whole day devoted to explotation, violation of the premises of the game, extortion, and generally a subversion of anyone who wants to fight monsters, but not players.

Well Ent came up with the suggestion, so I'd think he doesn't consider it against his concept of the game...

Well Ent came up with the suggestion, so I'd think he doesn't consider it against his concept of the game...

This thread links to another thread, the one by Entropy - and that in turn links to another thread. The idea first starts taking shape in this post. Note the author.

Now, granted, it takes full shape further down, in a later post by Entropy, and then that thread.

Again, would you like a forced day where you can do nothing but making one item (whether you can or not)?

No, we don't like peace day already... you can't train nor fight this day, and not having nexuses for others skills forcing fighters/PKers to sit all day long doing nothing.

And don't compare that with this idea here, because while Lord of the flies day (once again: only tiny replacement for the war day that should be as opposite to peace day) you CAN at least do EVERYTHING you want, just it would be more dangerous (and even that ONLY if you have REALLY many enemies)

And complaining (like before) that there is for others for example 'no mix' day is silly... because AT LEAST there is also 'increased chance for extra item' day as positive opposite...

same as 'bigger chance for event' while harvesting as opposite to no-harvest day

And for fighters ?

no drop day - negative (no PK day, senseless)

no flee day - negatice (no train day)

peace day - negative (no fight)

This idea is just small adjustement for those days...

Anyway as Entropy said to fighters (when there were complains about peace day): you can just not play for 6 hours, and do things irl. So, if you don't like to fight go just log off for that day...

And last thing: you always want to add realism into game, while making changes, so why don't you want to do that now ? Because irl you can attack or be attacked on the street.... so following that all map should be PKable, and they aren't, happy ? Well, exclode city zones - comparing to medival times, all around was dangerous....

I already stated that such poll topics were pointless :

1°) There are more than 600 different characters (I don't say "players" here, mind you), and only 150 have voted so far here (that indicates how hot the tpoic is on these boards, that's all). So you cannot be sure everyone has given his opinion.

2°) How can we trust such a poll when one may decide to register multiple accounts here to vote several times in order to shift the balance towards the option they want ? See what I mean ? And can you imagine what kind of user might want to do that ? Peaceful and respectful people are never at advantage in such situations. Never. Having a majority in such a thread means nothing, and the one who started this perfectly knows that.

3°) There exist several mmorpg's where all the universe is a PK-area but the towns. EL is not that kind of game, why want to make it like others ? It has specific areas where Player vs. Player fights are allowed, why suddenly change a distinction that drew lots of players fed up with the chaos of all-out PvP'ing.

Then, again, read my signature.

No, we don't like peace day already... you can't train nor fight this day, and not having nexuses for others skills forcing fighters/PKers to sit all day long doing nothing.

2 things - 1. check your signature; you proudly declare your level you earned in Potions - unless you are going to say you got there on mana and health potions alone... 2. You choose to spend your pick points how you want - if you don't have the foresight to spend on something to support you besides PK, I think you deserve a day off - I shouldn't have to pay with a fourth day off just because you can't spend well. (And, fair being fair, in a summoner's day, I would lose out - and that'd be okay, if people aren't being forced to be summoners.)

And don't compare that with this idea here, because while Lord of the flies day (once again: only tiny replacement for the war day that should be as opposite to peace day) you CAN at least do EVERYTHING you want, just it would be more dangerous (and even that ONLY if you have REALLY many enemies)

It only takes one enemy, really - and I've seen the macho PKers who have to rely on nonPK suppliers, and are incredibly pissed aout how everyone isn't a PKer. This day promotes forced classes - what we have said a MILLION times we don't want.

And complaining (like before) that there is for others for example 'no mix' day is silly... because AT LEAST there is also 'increased chance for extra item' day as positive opposite...

same as 'bigger chance for event' while harvesting as opposite to no-harvest day

Actually, increased rare day counters decreased rare day. Labour day is the manufactors' limiting day; Peace day is the fighters'; Green day is the harvesters'.

And for fighters ?

no drop day - negative (no PK day, senseless) Or, maybe a day to try that opponent you could never beat, just for fun? Maybe a no-scam training day?

no flee day - negatice (no train day) Or, a chance to attack weaker opponents, and knowing they won't get away?

peace day - negative (no fight) Read: Labour day for manus, green day for harvesters, fasting day mostly for manus.

This idea is just small adjustement for those days...

Anyway as Entropy said to fighters (when there were complains about peace day): you can just not play for 6 hours, and do things irl. So, if you don't like to fight go just log off for that day...

Shall I post my chat log from channel 4 from the peace day? I guess if PKers can bitch and moan, I'm not supposed to? Last I checked, the PKers didn't own me.

And last thing: you always want to add realism into game, while making changes, so why don't you want to do that now ? Because irl you can attack or be attacked on the street.... so following that all map should be PKable, and they aren't, happy ? Well, exclode city zones - comparing to medival times, all around was dangerous....

A.) I was already starting to believe in the fall of realism - funny you bring this up to support your argument. Although while we're on the suject of realism, would you walk up to random people on the street and stab them with a sword? You'd be arrested or dead in no time.

B.) Again - maybe I should also bring up the "I hate RPers" quotes, too? That's another big argument from the PKers - though it begs, if you feel as such, WTF do you play an MMORPG? If you actually cared about RP, instead of just looking for more hunting grounds for people who do not want your interference, I could respect that argument.

It only takes one enemy, really - and I've seen the macho PKers who have to rely on nonPK suppliers, and are incredibly pissed aout how everyone isn't a PKer. This day promotes forced classes - what we have said a MILLION times we don't want.

It doesn't force classes at all. It just makes it more challenging. EL needs more challenges occasionally.

A.) I was already starting to believe in the fall of realism - funny you bring this up to support your argument. Although while we're on the suject of realism, would you walk up to random people on the street and stab them with a sword? You'd be arrested or dead in no time.

Actually, in medieval times that would be fairly common depending on what level of society you are so it has no bounds here. If people want to play evil characters they should be allowed to.

2 things - 1. check your signature; you proudly declare your level you earned in Potions - unless you are going to say you got there on mana and health potions alone... 2. You choose to spend your pick points how you want - if you don't have the foresight to spend on something to support you besides PK, I think you deserve a day off - I shouldn't have to pay with a fourth day off just because you can't spend well. (And, fair being fair, in a summoner's day, I would lose out - and that'd be okay, if people aren't being forced to be summoners.)

Ad. 1 Do i said i'm PKer ? I'm allrounder, which mean i can UNDERSTAND fighters as well, as others.

Same as peace day promotes non-forced classes...

Actually, increased rare day counters decreased rare day. Labour day is the manufactors' limiting day; Peace day is the fighters'; Green day is the harvesters'.

Ooops, you have right here - my bad. But rest of those HAVE positive opposities.

Shall I post my chat log from channel 4 from the peace day? I guess if PKers can bitch and moan, I'm not supposed to? Last I checked, the PKers didn't own me.

What for ? Maybe they realized it's pointless to discuss with 'someone'

B.) Again - maybe I should also bring up the "I hate RPers" quotes, too? That's another big argument from the PKers - though it begs, if you feel as such, WTF do you play an MMORPG? If you actually cared about RP, instead of just looking for more hunting grounds for people who do not want your interference, I could respect that argument.

Ad. A Why funny ? Everybody covering ideas with more realism, always but not in this case ?

And i wouldn't but AT LEAST i COULD do that without any big text saying i can't attack here...

Ad. B Now you are started to be fanatic... how many people said that ? 1 or 2 ?

And LOL, it's a ONE random day, not even war day, just Lord of the flies day for people a+d>120... and you whining like they want to turn all map PK forever...

2°) How can we trust such a poll when one may decide to register multiple accounts here to vote several times in order to shift the balance towards the option they want ? See what I mean ? And can you imagine what kind of user might want to do that ? Peaceful and respectful people are never at advantage in such situations. Never. Having a majority in such a thread means nothing, and the one who started this perfectly knows that.

Actually that's the thing you can check as mod/admin here to avoid that sort of situation.

3°) There exist several mmorpg's where all the universe is a PK-area but the towns. EL is not that kind of game, why want to make it like others ? It has specific areas where Player vs. Player fights are allowed, why suddenly change a distinction that drew lots of players fed up with the chaos of all-out PvP'ing.

That's why here is ONE random day discussed (and it isn't even affecting all players), not the whole game concept...

Edited by Gen_Axis

What do we ( us fighters ) do on peace day ? We are completly bored ( well most of us ).

When it starts most people go shout in local/channels how they dislike it, that EL is no place for them that time, most of them even log off and wait till it's gone.

So why not make a war day? If you dont like it u can log off or beam like we did with the peace day?

It's fair if there will come a war day.

What i think.

*Edit:

What i did on the peace day ? harvesting veggies every hour for some exp.

Dont like war day? you can do the same as i did on peace day!

Edited by sMooMs

Except that somebody can come along and kill you without reason.

Which is the crux here -- the other days affect one type of activity, a PK day affects all; there is no balance.

Edited by trollson

Which is the crux here -- the other days affect one type of activity, a PK day affects all; there is no balance.

Not if you harvest on IP. Sell at IP tavern and make money :D

Not if you harvest on IP. Sell at IP tavern and make money :icon13:

lol, so 5% of EL for 95% of the players that happen to be in that range? :D

If they don't want an adventure then yes. Their loss.

If they don't want an adventure then yes. Their loss.

Exactly. What's the fun if you are shielded and protected all the time? We need conflict! :icon13: