Eternal Lands Official Forums
scafativ

Shouldn't skunks posion

It seems logical to me that when a player engages a skunk, they should always become poisoned, like there is a chance of being when fighting a red snake. Anyone who has tangled with a skunk IRL knows that it really is a matter of being poisoned.

scafativ :o

It seems logical to me that when a player engages a skunk, they should always become poisoned, like there is a chance of being when fighting a red snake. Anyone who has tangled with a skunk IRL knows that it really is a matter of being poisoned.

scafativ :o

Or at least the chance of it like the red snake has. Makes sense to me too.

They do spray..

Though, it be cool to have you get antisocial for about 3 hours or until you wash it off by sitting in that waterfall pond or something after you get sprayed... :o

Think about it, you get sprayed by a skunk, nobody's gonna wanna deal with you until you get the smell out.. :o

Yeah never mind, they DO poison, IF you are low enough level that they hit back. I got on a low level alt and 3rd skunk i got poisoned me. On Aislinn, i killed them in one hit so they never had the chance to hit back to poison me.

Though, it be cool to have you get antisocial for about 3 hours or until you wash it off by sitting in that waterfall pond or something after you get sprayed... :o

Lol, thats great :o

Piper

Ugh... not really... there are some people that would trade even with stinkies :) However - the antisocial for some time sounds fine.

Yeah never mind, they DO poison, IF you are low enough level that they hit back. I got on a low level alt and 3rd skunk i got poisoned me. On Aislinn, i killed them in one hit so they never had the chance to hit back to poison me.

Maybe skunk spray could become our first form of ranged weapon. they hit u at a distance and it works more like radiation or cold damage.

I love the anti-social idea. On the old Ultima if one of your characters was killed the inkeepers would tell you to "Get that corpse out of here" when you tried to rest. Perhaps we could have the NPC"s comment on the smell when they refuse to trade "You are stinking up the shop...now good day. I SAID GOOD DAY!"

I don't think it is currently used for anything but doesn't EL have a charm or some such skill? Temporarily lowering that would be another approach to take, assuming of course it did anything.