Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

The cooldowns decision

Are the summoning stones gonna be tradeable? seems kinda weird, Van_binsbergen makes a chim stone, then trades it to a lvl 1 newbie (or a lvl 13 like myself); can i then use it? seems a tad inappropriate for me to be able to use it....esp if i dont even have the animal nexus...

Are the summoning stones gonna be tradeable? seems kinda weird, Van_binsbergen makes a chim stone, then trades it to a lvl 1 newbie (or a lvl 13 like myself); can i then use it? seems a tad inappropriate for me to be able to use it....esp if i dont even have the animal nexus...

but yet, you can use other magic items like rings

you can trade them but you have to be a certain summoning lvl to USE them.

like he said, you will need the nexuses and level to use them...

roughly how long ent till an updat ewill b tht puts this in game

They will come gradually, some changes possibly next week, some in 2 months or so. It depends how much you will help us test shit on the test server.

The combat system changes will take longer, no ETA for them yet.

If they are going to remain destroyable then something like 75k for mana/life helms seems more reasonable.

BTW, I'm really psyched about EL for the first time in a long time. Hopefully people will remember that this is a game in progress and that large changes are going to happen. Sometimes we'll like them, sometimes we won't. Odds are though that something will be learned regardless and that will make EL a better game in the long term.

When summoned creatures go berserk do they also attack their master?

Or other players in that area?

Or did you mean they only attack animals/monsters?

When summoned creatures go berserk do they also attack their master?

Or other players in that area?

Or did you mean they only attack animals/monsters?

No, only other summoned creatures.

If they are going to remain destroyable then something like 75k for mana/life helms seems more reasonable.

BTW, I'm really psyched about EL for the first time in a long time. Hopefully people will remember that this is a game in progress and that large changes are going to happen. Sometimes we'll like them, sometimes we won't. Odds are though that something will be learned regardless and that will make EL a better game in the long term.

Yes, I think we will decrease their price soon.

ok nice nice

now is Hot stone is this item buy able or you have to harvest and hopefully get it but you have a btter change or getting it then rogostol stone. Or is it make able

Knowing Ent, a Hot Stone will be a MN special that appears under your rear end burning you for 1-8 points. They you have to pick it up out of the bag. You AFK, you lose stone ;)

I don't know what happened in the few short hours it's been since I logged out, but I have to say that i am highly dissappointed that people couldn't let things run their natural course and had to stoop to sabotaging the poll.

I only hope that the changes in summoning happen soon. I spent 4 hours summoning today and barley got 30k xp. I just hope people that were talking about leaving if the cooldown stayed decide not to leave. Im sick of losing friends over this.

Either way..Keep up the good work and hope to see some new changes soon.

If people leave, well, they leave.

It was obvious that the majority of EL regular players voted (about 500 votes) and the oppinions were very evenly divided. It is very unlikely that one crowd or another would have become a majority.

Well, personally I was against cooldown, but...I've been sticking to hunting since cooldown so I don't know how it has changed, but I'm staying. It may be a pain, but real good games like EL are hard to find.

One question: What do you think will probably be in the next update?

wish i could say im happy 2 c the cooldown system stay but oh well, its here and i got no choice in the matter, im sure ill adapt 2 it in a bit more time. like the new ideas but just 1 small question if i could, r there going 2 b more thing implemented for other skills like manufacturing, potions, crafting etc because im no summoner or fighter, just wondering thats all so i can find out if i got something 2 look 4ward 2 in crafting and manufacturing in the future except the hot stones, shame 2 here the poll was sabatoged, hope u can find the person(s) who did it

Yes, there will be new manufacturable items (and for other skills too) just do not expect them right away. Our time is limited, and getting into feuds about cooddowns doesn't really help.

are these weapons going to be manufacturable/drops?

edit......it would be nice to see some new drops maybe for chims that fighters could make money off of, as we're getting burnt on sr's he's to make some money

Edited by PuNa

sigh!!!!!

Constructive huh ok ;)

To all those that seem to post and not read previous posts stop asking the same damn questions and read through and look at sme of the answers as you get your noses out of joint when YOUR question is not answered (because it has been answered several times)

To the developers love the ideas and I would say you have a bit of work ahead of yourselves (you would have more time if people stopped asking the same questions)

Myself I was against cooldown but saw positive and negative aspects and have learned ways round it and with the implementation of the new items will learn yet more around it

Perhaps an ideas section would help you (the devs) or spark an idea as to what the commuinity would like (which they also will try and get to much but some have good ideas just unrealistic values )

eg: I would like a rostogol stone every 2nd time i harvest pls LOL

anyways I am glad that the devs and the community seem to be all happier again at last but still have concerns about bitching simple way is to make a bitching section which you guys (the devs) dont read :)

They voice and others bitch they have their vent and you guys dont get bugged by it as you dont read that section

Just an idea

One more idea (as I always seem to take pity on newbies as I understand how overwhelming a new game can be and some of the dickheads that reply nasty etc with no patience prolly cause more people to leave the game than anything else)

This summoning stone is a great idea but how bout specific stones such as chim fluffy etc

that way even a newbie can get one of these stones (or 10) and roll into pk and go uh oh I'm in trouble so someone starts to pk him and as he dies he unleashes a chim on a character that has no honour

just an idea would make some of the high ups think twice about pking a newbie just for +4 xp and a leather helm or something like that

This game causes many an argument between myself and the Mrs (EL wins of course) and I am not going through all that to quit a game I love

Heres to you the DEVS and the COMMUNITY

Happy New Year and many more

Dragonstriker

Edited by dragonstriker

with summoning stones there will be one stone for each creature?? ie a summoning stone of polar bears?

Will they fail like everything else or will they always work. I think they should always work every time as long as you have the minimum level and required nexis but there is a chance of failing to make them and that is where the failing will ocur.

ok, folks, before this gets out of hand, the devs have publically stated that they do NOT know what happened to the poll. therefore, this assumption that the poll was sabotaged is merely unsubstantiated conjecture.

without a full forensics investigation, allegations of sabotage are at this time, completely unfounded. for all we know this could have been a bug in the Invision Power Board software.

however, after some initial googling, i did discover that IPB versions 2.x are susceptible to sql injection attacks. therefore, the "possibility" of an act of sabotage can't necessarily be ruled out, but until the devs determine exactly what happened, everything at this time is speculation.

and now back to your regularly scheduled chatter.

Edited by Algorn