Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Items cooldown

OMFG!!~~11 someone understands...

This will happen, this will be tested, if you don't like it, bye bye

Wait until the testing occurs, gather your actual observations, then let the development team know how it can be improved once testing is given a chance.

Lets remember guys, the testing 'week' was actually a month and a half, we will all probably have died from old age by the time this testing 'month' is over

roflmao Doctor.. :)

It seems like this is going to happen weither people want it to or not.. Just looks like your not going to play for the Month.. Or TRY it and see what it's like.. Maybe even if you just try it for 1 day? Or a hour or so..

There are always going to be people who like something, and the people who don't.. But my personal opinion is that this wont benefit anyone apart from the Manu'ers...

:/

i play Warcraft III, most of the maps... especialy DOTA( DEFEND OF THE ANCIENT)

its very cool...... various things...... weapons... etc

EL isnt Warcrft! :)

btw... arctic kill me so fast i hadnt time to use sr( 2 sec coolddown)

with 10 i think they can kill donpedro aswell :)

Pe ce server intrii? Sa te fac odata la DOTA.

EUROPE PVPGN: I go clan there..... if u got clan too we can make some matchs..: pick,normal pick, all random

U chose?

yes but i need to.....call all my friends and we will play all at internet cafe.....full night( romanian hour+2)!

see ya in game... we can talk better :fire:

About the UPGRADE.... i see all my post are deleted...dunno

Omule nu o fa.... o sa pierzi toti jucatori....am vb cu majoritatea pk-erilor si se lasa astia si ii cred

nu o sa mai fie distractie, restore dupa restore..... io tot nu am inteles ce rost are upgradul asta... pe cine crezi ca o sa favorizeze..... am vorbit, chiar si DonPedro o zis ca se lasa si nare rost ......nu poti modifica EL sa devina Warcraft, EL e fain asa cum e el, jucatori le place asa......ca daca nu lear placea nu ar juca! Credema ca sunt jocuri grozave... dar lor le place EL pt felu cum e, nu e nevoie sal schimbi radical......va fi foarte plictisitor!

Te Rog citeste msg meu....o fac pt binele meu, al jucatorilor si al tau! FOR ENTROPY SPECYAL

Thx :P

i got a question

how are we supposed to pk now?

entering pk maps with this cooldown system means almost certain death so less people show up in pk maps ;/

Edit:Entropy you said that if you use a dis ring you flee from everything..

ya that's right but what if ur fighting 2 or more opponents? you dis from one the other catches you and then you die :)

and another question: why make such radical changes when the game is great as it is?

Edited by Hardcore

oh just shuttup!

When it's implemented, take notes..take a lot of notes, don't take 1337 notes, take English notes. Then reread your notes, even let others read them, make sure they're good, clear, concise and intelligent sounding! THEN post them in a thread when the testing month is over!

As I was saying, you guys bitch about anything so now I am kind of used to it. If you would have reserved the bitchign for really important issues, I would have taken it more seriously.

What I like the most though is how people know in advance what will happen. They don't even know the cooldown values, but they already know it will take this much time to manufacture this or that.

What I find so amazing is the inability of people to actually make use of changes, such as coming up with new strategies. Or perhaps many people did come up with various strategies, but they just hold back and wait for those of you who complain to leave, so then they can take over the market and PK fields by applying those new strategies, while everyone else is complaining about how the old way was so much better.

You know, there is this nice quote: "When a door closes, another, better door opens, but often times we fail to see it because we are looking at the door that closed".

I like this idea. reason number one it would help role playing.How can someone drink or eat in one second? how can one make a sword every second? how can one launch countless spells without getting tired? How can one become skilled at his trade in his first week?. I that sense it helps rping. Also our econamy is a mess. I have seen price drops of over 50% in my short time here. That is outrageous. The prices of items are not worth it. What i dont understand is why people have to sell at low costs? always sell things at high prices!. I believe this idea is a good way to go.

Edit:Entropy you said that if you use a dis ring you flee from everything..

ya that's right but what if ur fighting 2 or more opponents? you dis from one the other catches you and then you die :P

and another question: why make such radical changes when the game is great as it is?

True, it is very hard to click immediately on a teleport ring, just after you clicked on the diss ring.

As for the game being great as it is, I thought it sucked, because the game as it is now is the sum of a lot of totally unpopular changes. Remember when the mother nature was implemented? It was about one year ago, and god, did you guys bitch about it...

Or when I made the manufacturing requiring a food level over 0. WOW, according to the players, that should have ruined everything and everyone quit the game.

I am curious to see how the cooldowns will afect the number of active players. My guess is that the number of players leaving the game will be minimal.

If this wil be inplented and be removed after a month if it wasnt tight, does there come a rollback ? so we know if we should train after the update or just wait :)

There will be no rollback (unless if some major bug is discovered an exploited). But after a month we might tune some values (lower or rise some cooldowns).

why click the rings? pop one of each into the quickbar, hit first ctrl+diss, then ctrl+tele. just pray to god that the server gets the message is the right order :D

its is based on the idea that the 1-2 sec between use rule will now be removed as there is a better way of spacing out use...

as i said before in this thread, one way to "fix" the diss ring would be to make you a non-targetable for x amount of time after use. this eliminates the tag team strategy and makes one able to slip away with the diss+tele combo, even with the cooldown...

ie, you use a diss ring, now you cant be targeted for combat for x amount of time. then use a tele ring before that time runs out. "problem" solved...

but i think the real problem is that there is no honour among PKers :hehe:

say entropy i'd like the idea on the cooldown with diss maybe, but what if you tried it wiht of your other suggestions?

you said you could remove the turn system in fights so you could just run away from the fight, you wouldn't have to diss to be able to flee. so actually you would be able to run at any time, but if you used a diss it would just freeze your opponents for 5 seconds but you would only be able to freeze them every this or that much time because of the cooldown

i'd be ok with that system

The diss ring cooldown will not be 2 seconds, it will be something like 15 seconds.

I don't understand though why is it so hard to use a diss ring and immediately use a teleport ring.

And I just love to see people complaining about things that don't even happen. (such as: omfg, the diss ring only dissengages you from one enemy).

I stand corrected on that ent..but if you look, it is explained why i thought it only dissed from one..they attack in turns..meaning they may all be ganged around you but only two may be attacking, you diss from those 2 and before you can tp out the other two attack....you should try to go diss and tp out ent..not that easy with that kind of team work going on

The diss ring cooldown will not be 2 seconds, it will be something like 15 seconds.

I don't understand though why is it so hard to use a diss ring and immediately use a teleport ring.

And I just love to see people complaining about things that don't even happen. (such as: omfg, the diss ring only dissengages you from one enemy).

I stand corrected on that ent..but if you look, it is explained why i thought it only dissed from one..they attack in turns..meaning they may all be ganged around you but only two may be attacking, you diss from those 2 and before you can tp out the other two attack....you should try to go diss and tp out ent..not that easy with that kind of team work going on

And RPG's try to encourage team work.

:battleaxe: :battleaxe: Ekkkk sounds hard,,, but hard never stopped me, I say lets all try this for a month, plus nothing can be that bad if we r all under the same rules, I love the game and am thankful for it,

As usualy,

Hugs n Kisses to u all

wuwaahhhh

:hehe: Horvic come mere u need a hug,,,, :D

to quote entropy........

Or perhaps many people did come up with various strategies, but they just hold back and wait for those of you who complain to leave, so then they can take over the market and PK fields by applying those new strategies, while everyone else is complaining about how the old way was so much better.

im reposting that incase anyone missed it.

Success dosent come to those who fear change.

There are 2 ways to handle new ideas:

o discuss them until they are dead, or

o simply *LETS*TRY* it.

How else can we find out if a change is good or not?

Simply give it a chance, collect your experiences with the new changes, make up your mind and post it after using it for one month.

My 2 cents.

Piper

-_- Will try anything once. My clicking finger can't be any more dead at this point.

I'm not opposed to the idea (at least something is being done). Will we be given the cooldown values, or must we determine them on our own?

I'm curious to see how this change the market.

You know, there is this nice quote: "When a door closes, another, better door opens, but often times we fail to see it because we are looking at the door that closed".

You know, there is this nice quote: "Never change a winning team"

and PK is winning as it is, ty for having created it so far ;)

the question is, why is it "winning"?

my guess is because the rules right now are broken...

its not so much a pvp as a clickfest. its all a matter of who can keep clicking the healing aid faster...