Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Items cooldown

Well maybe a new spell :P that with

this sigils :P

Temporary - Destroy - Energy - Move

So the other person cant move so u can flee with no problem this way the person cant att u... so if u are fighing u can diss 1 player cast the spell to an other and walk away for 10 sec and use tele ring... :)

Edited by mauriciom

If they leave over an item cooldown issue, it'll be pretty pathetic. Who cares if there's an item cooldown. I'm happy that the devs are at least updating the game. I've played a load of mmorpgs that were beta and never updated after the 1st year. Most creators give up on there mmorps in the 1st year. Everyone knows the item cooldown isn't the greatest idea but I say we should at least just try it out for a while. Maybe it will end up being a good thing once they fix it a little

it is not pathetic, its more the fact, that when its getting even slower than it already is, it gets much more obvious for you, that you spend to much time for EL, which is a gigantic life-time-absorbing-machine. and the more disgusted you are by this fact, the higher the chance is you will actually leave.

And it were many the last time!

Here's my opinion:

This is an idea that's already been talked to death, and now is actually coming around soon. I believe Entropy already said that this will be the way it is for the first month, and after that, you'll be given the chance to speak out again.

So here's my suggestion - EVERYONE, give it that month. Certainly, it's gonna make people rethink their strategies in every skill - that's a GOOD thing, really. Is it going to be perfect? Probably not - but if we never give it the chance, we'll never know if it's better, or how to make it work better.

Fighters - sure, double-teaming may not be good, but maybe you guys would like to toss your forks instead of your dance moves?

Mages, Summoners - the biggest deal for you will be the potions, which means you may have to drink potions before you plan to. If you are casting/summoning in combat, you'll probably need to retime any strategy.

Harvesters - Probably won't be as effected by this, except if they carry out other skills.

Tradespeople (alch/manu/pot/craft) - biggest worry will be food, likely. Again, just retime your strategies, for the most part.

It will take getting adjusted to, but most of the people speaking out are people who've already been here through a lot of change - just stick it out a bit longer; it's not all gloom and doom.

So the other person cant move so u can flee with no problem this way the person cant att u... so if u are fighing u can diss 1 player cast the spell to an other and walk away for 10 sec and use tele ring... :)

Why not a "Temporary-create-spirit-protection" so you can get 5 seconds of absolute protection?

Why not a "Temporary-create-spirit-protection" so you can get 5 seconds of absolute protection?

Well, technically a protection spell already exists, so that should be implemented :-)

I think I will spend the next few weeks harvesting.

I wonder... did this idea come from the constant bickering about mass production? It is not a bad solution.

Well, technically a protection spell already exists, so that should be implemented :-)

yes hehe, but i think "Magic protection" it's too "cheap" in reagents to be more powerfull than diss rings :-)

Maybe a spell like this could be nice, like the one from Warcraft3 the human paladin has, I think it's called divine shield, where he can att you but for some time you can't att him. But this would change so many things that it's hard to foresee viability or acceptance.

Edited by Ornitorrinco

Otherwise, you can use a strategy that switches between using spells, using potions, and using rings (if ttlanhil is correct and only categories of items are locked during the cooldown).

did you ever PK on a higher lvl ? i can answer that: NO i didnt, and i dont have clue at all. im just giving answer to cool down the temper of the angry PKers, but dont know if they have a good point!

you already do use potions, restore, rings as fast as you can to stay alive. they are necessary friends for the weakers to stay alive a bit longer!

Im not sure if i understand it, but when you PK, u cant use srs all the time? that means you will die ?

Yea, and how will weaker fighters have a chance to take down the strongest fighters? attack+dis everytime? yay!

no offence but you wont be able to PK, which is the best bit of the game....

yes you will(assuming otherwise is... well... not clever) and no it's not(IMO the best part is the community)

Omfg that's so cool!..been waiting this implement already years..:)..maybe have to wait the big reset for a while to make it bit challenging. Though have seen of posts that those brave fighters already now whining..:P

omg..now realized..what a bitch..:P..I cant anymore load my basic mana with Miras 55 mana pots..not fair..:P

woot? are they whining about SRS..what are those?..:ppp

Edited by Ratman

no offence but you wont be able to PK, which is the best bit of the game....

yes you will(assuming otherwise is... well... not clever) and no it's not(IMO the best part is the community)

Personal opion, alot of ppl like PK.

maby cooldown system should stay as it is in pk maps =)

cuz you need to click Srs evry 2 seconds or u die

i play Warcraft III, most of the maps... especialy DOTA( DEFEND OF THE ANCIENT)

its very cool...... various things...... weapons... etc

EL isnt Warcrft! :)

btw... arctic kill me so fast i hadnt time to use sr( 2 sec coolddown)

with 10 i think they can kill donpedro aswell :P

or not since we cant heal either =P

well there seems to be a kind of "damage/dis-ring abusing". i honestly never heard of this and cant think what is meant.

will someone provide me the info?

maby cooldown system should stay as it is in pk maps =)

cuz you need to click Srs evry 2 seconds or u die

If the only reason of the cooldown is to fix the economy, I think what Shivar proposes is a good idea. PK would be the same for those who do it, and the items flooding would stop.

so the PKers get a huge advantage over those fighting animals/monsters? no

remember that the other side has the same penalties that you do... PK will probably be less affected than some people fear

well there seems to be a kind of "damage/dis-ring abusing". i honestly never heard of this and cant think what is meant.

will someone provide me the info?

I know what it is, cuz i discovered/abused it lol (without knowing)

and maby SRS shouldnt have cooldown system cuz most fighters make them thereself, or trade Srs for vials+xx gc, Potions where never that cheap, so see no reason to change it

if they get delay, there is n oway u can Pk without dying, thats a fact