Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lothar

Fluffy Rabbit gold drop was it changed?

its really bad for fighters if it is not a bug,

becouse figters at 80-120 a d almost train at fluf

and they wont choose killing ogre,troll,cyc for the gold drop all life

it means a fighter upper lvl 80-90 will be broke all time

it was really good 1-40 gold (but not mutch)

i was training about 3 hours in 1 stock (was 54 p c) and getting about 2.6k gc,and they were breaking minimum 1 greave or cuisseus or tit chain so i could get my stuff to tankel to be repaired

training was expensive before but it will be very very expensive now

but np there will be implemented new monsters , i wish they will drop more :)

Edited by belali

If the fabled Fluffy rabbit is not providing what you need, will that not encourage you to look for other monsters?

I found this letter:

There is much evil on Draia when it comes to monsters, so please help ridding these lands of other monstrosities than the fluffy rabbit.

Izet

High priest of Aluwen

If the fabled Fluffy rabbit is not providing what you need, will that not encourage you to look for other monsters?

I found this letter:

There is much evil on Draia when it comes to monsters, so please help ridding these lands of other monstrosities than the fluffy rabbit.

Izet

High priest of Aluwen

2 things

1) I trained for an hour on fluffies and got 57 gc. w....tf...................... :hug:

2) The 'draia' monster gives me around 7 gc tops....big whoop

Just a few ideas -

1.) If you are in it just to kill fluffy, or just for experience, forget about gold. Yes, you may be "broke", but at least you still have the fluffy or the experience it provides to fight.

2.) If you are so worried about the gold and fluffies aren't doing it, drop down to something still dropping the gold. The experience is less, but you get richer. That, or pick up alchemy or harvesting as a profession - these are the only ones that seem to pay off (as it is now).

3.) Team up with other high level a/d players and take chimmies on multi-combat maps. Split the profits.

4.) Instead of attacking people who have no hope of coming against you in PK, start attacking each other.

5.) Combining 3 & 4, start teaming up on high level a/d players in a multi-combat PK map. Split the profits. :P

Dude i dont know what you on about, but if you where training on fluffy for ages and this happens to you, you would be so sad.

Alot gold all the time and now the drop is same as a gargoyle or something.

People trained HARD to get on high lvl monsters, when they get on it you get bad drops? That's a reason to be disapointed isnt it?

And the drops already where lowered you hardly ever got an cloak or chain from fluffy anymore..

Is there a real reason why the gold drop rate is been down?

so YES, I can't wait to hear it.

Look for other monsters if you are unhappy with the drops of one monster.

With a little creative thinking I am sure that you can come up with something.

i had 500k in storage now down to 200k, i buy evry day about 100 diss rings and use atleast 250 sr a day, my armor also break

only gold i can get is from drops or from PKs

but evry1 use rostogool

i had 500k in storage now down to 200k, i buy evry day about 100 diss rings and use atleast 250 sr a day, my armor also break

but evry1 use rostogool

Awww, now the fighters are suffering the same problems the people of every other skill have had for a long time....geee i really feel for you guys...you know, getting free armour if you catch that person in Iron plate...man what a hard life......

Welcome to real life guys ;-D

but evry1 use rostogool

Awww, now the fighters are suffering the same problems the people of every other skill have had for a long time....geee i really feel for you guys...you know, getting free armour if you catch that person in Iron plate...man what a hard life......

Welcome to real life guys ;-D

The best way is to do like me, make everything you need by yourself, no money spent, drops from monsters or PK are just bonuses :angry:

Of course, if every fighter do the same, the economy will just disappear :P ...man what a hard life......

Welcome to utopic life guys ;-D

Derin other monsters die to quick to train on... so what you are suggesting is just getting rid of a problem to create another

Will Potions give me way better experience than Reasoning Potions, but when I need money, I make Reasoning because Mira pays better cash for it .... :P

That's the same thing.

:/

no cause if we go on other monsters we get less exp so one lvl would take months/years

Replace monster with potion... replace monster with leather gloves (nobody makes levels manufacturing tit chains).... and so on :)

Derin other monsters die to quick to train on... so what you are suggesting is just getting rid of a problem to create another

Basically that's the problem with having too high phys and coord. Get less negative perks and divert some PPs to other skills/nexuses/attributes.

no cause if we go on other monsters we get less exp so one lvl would take months/years

So, are you planning on leaving soon? What difference does it make if it takes a little longer?

Dude i dont know what you on about, but if you where training on fluffy for ages and this happens to you, you would be so sad.

Alot gold all the time and now the drop is same as a gargoyle or something.

People trained HARD to get on high lvl monsters, when they get on it you get bad drops? That's a reason to be disapointed isnt it?

And the drops already where lowered you hardly ever got an cloak or chain from fluffy anymore..

Well, you know, item cooldown is really gonna suck for mass-manufactors (using the term in general for manu-alch-pots-craft, not just specific to manufacturing skill). Yes, the experience is supposed to go up, but the real "hurt" people will be the self-producers who use their own product - it'll take them longer to get the same gear.

As such a self-producer, I think that part would suck. However, I'm willing to see it come into play, and when it comes, I'll likely modify my character to adapt to it.

So, why am I mentioning making stuff while we're talking about slaughtering fluffies and not getting gold? The common thread is that something has changed/will change to affect how you work in that skill. So, yes, it is sad, but you either get past it, or quit. So change is at hand - adapt or die.

Ornitorrinco and Placid make valid points - maybe the fighters should look at this as a similar problem affecting other skills now affecting them? We laborers often have to choose between experience and gold - why should fighting be different? And those of us who fight and produce - well, this affects us too. Eventually, I may reach the point of fighting fluffy too. Yeah, knowing the reward isn't gonna be as sweet when I get there is kinda bad, but as I said before, I'll live with it - if it's permanent. Again, adapt or die.

As Derin pointed out, there are other monsters in the lands - fluffy alone isn't the only one. Try fighting the others for awhile. Consider this from a different perspective; there's more to an RPG than just skills.

start looking for other monsters? So what do you suggest, that everyone over level 50 stays at ogres?

I am sure there must be a reason behind lowering the gold drops for fluffy, other than it having no pockets to hide money in :S If that is the case, why not let it drop like a normal bunny? fur and meat alone are worth more than the 5 gc it drops now :)

Anyway, i think the real reason it got lowered is to discourage(?) people from training on it. If less people train on it, there will be less problems with the low number of fluffy spawns. But more people are starting to pvp now anyway, since zoom is illegal and it is almost impossible to train in most of the fluffy maps. (try finding a fluffy in TD, and then to kill it 5 times without losing the spawn again)

But thats just 1 potential reason for lowering the drops, another reason could involve economical ones.

(Note: i do not necesarrily think it is a bad idea that the drops were lowered, i am just not satisfied with the reasons given :P)

Go to some monsters for levelings, others for drops.

start looking for other monsters? So what do you suggest, that everyone over level 50 stays at ogres?

Why not? But ogres are not the only option. There are trolls and cyclops too, and whatever's over on Irilion.

On another note - what is someone at level 50 doing on Fluffy anyway?

Why not? But ogres are not the only option. There are trolls and cyclops too, and whatever's over on Irilion.

On another note - what is someone at level 50 doing on Fluffy anyway?

Why not? Because there are 500 people with lvl 50 or higher, what if they all train on the same few ogre spawns? Someone at level 50 is not doing anything at fluffies, they just start with ogres.

Of course there are other monsters, and we can go train on fluffy for experience and other monsters for gold. I am just curious as to why they changed the drop rate so much.

so ppl. just stick to PvP as long as it hasnt been changed yet. you dont even really need gc for doing it. you just need SR/HE/c-class armors and a med

so no degrades, no real losses, no gc needed and still you could make a PK while doing training in frequented pk-areas. (i know thats not suitable for low a/d chars, but they dont have to think about fluffy yet either :D )

to derin:

long ago, i chose to fight armed-gobs only at the pk-cave for lvling (there were no other place with armed gobs back then), and they have much worse drops than similar tough creatures, like orcs. i just did it for he xp.

BUT there is no real alternative to fight fluffer, but doing PvP, which doesnt drop 40gc aswell:

--> new clops is real bad xp if you are like 90 a/d (i make like 50% less xp than with pvp). mountain chimmie too strong, even for 100 a/d-chars. and getting to continent 2 with antisocial makes you pay the drops for the ferryman. (havent been on c2 yet, but i pretty much think that other ppl think same)

sumup: for the 80-100 a/d there is three options left: 1) pvp and getting no gc, 2) fluffer getting a few gc, 3) bash tons of trolls for good gc (which is boring as they dont give a slightest challenge :( )

P.S.: i used to donate the rare drops from fluffer to my guildies (capes, armor, etc...) and keep the gc to mainly support the guild manuer/crafter by buying s***loads of gemsanders/leather. eeeeeeep, someone wants to force me, using the market channel :icon4: or is destabilizing this form of guild-teamwork.

and i dont like both of it.... :(

Edited by bofred