Eternal Lands Official Forums
mihaim

Stats showing

Gee, I wonder how come most of the other games don't show the player stats, and no one complains about it..

215418[/snapback]

Lol we are such complainers and we have been living soft for too long

Gee, I wonder how come most of the other games don't show the player stats, and no one complains about it..

215418[/snapback]

www.runescape.com :P

215467[/snapback]

Just because another game show the stats does not means el need it, i think there are others (more concrete) reasons for show at least part of the skills in game or easily accessible for consult.

In the mmorpgs i played before el all showed stats, so i am surprised by most of the games don't showing player stats (i picked the weird ones?)

And i think this thread should be dead by now, this issue is already exhaustively discussed, and its up to the devs to implement the changes they think are currect.

There is this long thread, more discussion in channel 4, more threads in suggestions...

Edited by Lorck

The top lists shows players not basing on skill level, but on gathered XP - this is hardly possible that 2 players have exactly same amound of experiece points, not talking of 4 players.

213118[/snapback]

Vanyel: either you are misinformed, or the top 50 is all wrong, but what you are saying is incorrect.

For example: Crannog and me always leveled alch together. We are both at level 79. Lately I have gained more experience, but Im waiting to level when he comes back. Still; i have more experience then he does, so according to your theory I should be above him in the list, which is not the case.

Jez

213178[/snapback]

Can i have a mod/devs comment on this?

Jez

215418[/snapback]

No one even thought of it an option there, I would believe to be the reason.

If only for the simple fact that we did have it, and now we have the option to hide, it's a change to us.

oh, and for people mentioning that one game shows stats, I can list one that doesn't - Ultima Online doesn't show player stats publicly, though if they are famous enough, you see their highest skill tied to their name.

A top 50 list is useless without knowing what levels people are. Either put the levels back on the list, or remove the lists altogether. For now, it means nothing.

A top 50 list is useless without knowing what levels people are.  Either put the levels back on the list, or remove the lists altogether.  For now, it means nothing.

215586[/snapback]

It is still useful if you are on the list or know the level of some of the people on the list. Then you know that the people around them are close to that.

A top 50 list is useless without knowing what levels people are.  Either put the levels back on the list, or remove the lists altogether.  For now, it means nothing.

215586[/snapback]

It is still useful if you are on the list or know the level of some of the people on the list. Then you know that the people around them are close to that.

215592[/snapback]

And if you can figure out the levels anyway, why are they hidden? All this does it create more frustration from people who want to know.

...Either put the levels back on the list, or remove the lists altogether...

215586[/snapback]

If you don't go check the lists, it is like they don't exist for you :blink:

215603[/snapback]

I checked them occasionally to see how fast groups of people were leveling. Now there is no way to tell.