Eternal Lands Official Forums
0ctane

Macintosh OS X port interest?

At the moment only licensed beta testers are allowed to use it. I am sure 0ctane will approve you as a beta tester though :icon13:

At the moment only licensed beta testers are allowed to use it. I am sure 0ctane will approve you as a beta tester though :icon13:

Or you could compile it from CVS? 0ctane committed his changes. :P

At the moment only licensed beta testers are allowed to use it. I am sure 0ctane will approve you as a beta tester though :P

Or you could compile it from CVS? 0ctane committed his changes. :P

Wow, someone checked CVS pretty quick after I uploaded my stuff. Good luck with compiling on your own, though. The process is still a little involved. Eventually I will have a How-To since I am not using the Xcode project manager.

ok, where is the port hosted, i cant find it!!!

Yes, they are right. It is currently limited to a few testers. I put some viral code in to dissuade people not on the list from using the port. It will slowly corrupt your hard drive. Just kidding. More seriously though, I did not want a flood of people complaining about problems with the game...I get enough from Atlantis. :P Fear not, there will be a general release fairly soon...likely with the main update.

The latest version 1.1.2.4b took even care of the NPC bug that prevented one from speaking to the character.

How did you take care of that?

The NEW_FRUSTRUM compile option fixed that issue for all clients AFAIK. I told you guys that it was not a OSX specific bug. :icon13:

New version uploaded with F2 browser support. 1124c. Again, bugs go to this thread now.

Edited by 0ctane

Just a side thing, those patches by Drakos7 look pretty cool, any chance of getting them added to the Mac version? :)

Just a side thing, those patches by Drakos7 look pretty cool, any chance of getting them added to the Mac version? :icon13:
My brother does good work, and I like those exp bars.

The goal has been to make a working "official" Mac client. If his code makes it into CVS, then it will definitely be in the client. Before playing with patches, I need to address other issues. If Entropy gives the okay on the patch (even if it does not get into CVS) then I will consider adding it to the OS X client.

Just a side thing, those patches by Drakos7 look pretty cool, any chance of getting them added to the Mac version? :)
My brother does good work, and I like those exp bars.

The goal has been to make a working "official" Mac client. If his code makes it into CVS, then it will definitely be in the client. Before playing with patches, I need to address other issues. If Entropy gives the okay on the patch (even if it does not get into CVS) then I will consider adding it to the OS X client.

I was thinking if it were added to the CVS for the Mac only it might cause a few more people to go and buy a Mac :D heheheheheh

I was thinking if it were added to the CVS for the Mac only it might cause a few more people to go and buy a Mac :P heheheheheh

:dry: How do you add platform independant code to only one platform through CVS?

I was thinking if it were added to the CVS for the Mac only it might cause a few more people to go and buy a Mac :P heheheheheh

:dry: How do you add platform independant code to only one platform through CVS?

#ifdef MAC
#endif

I have a slew of patches I am adding to the berlios site, but 0ctane is right, none of them are even remotely legal on the live server until they are approved by the devs.

#ifdef MAC
#endif

Which is contrary to all development rationale. :P

Edited by crusadingknight

Been quite busy lately with RL, and I just happened to check in today to find the servers updated. Well, you know what that means. The osx client has also been updated. Beta-testers, please grab this and give it a run. If no new problems are popping up, then I think we will have a general release. :( v1201a

Been quite busy lately with RL, and I just happened to check in today to find the servers updated. Well, you know what that means. The osx client has also been updated. Beta-testers, please grab this and give it a run. If no new problems are popping up, then I think we will have a general release. :( v1201a

Make sure you grab the latest CVS, some linux systems were having an issue with -DAUTO_UPDATE which has been fixed

Is there any chance the map editor will be ported for the Mac anytime soon?

LOL lets get the client working first...the map editor is much more complicated than you think :D

LOL lets get the client working first...the map editor is much more complicated than you think :D

I figured it would either be dead easy or really hard... as it's most likely on the harder side of things to do then I agree, leave it til last and get everything else going :dry:

Thanks for the info to someone who isn't any good with the real programming (I know PHP, but that isn't real programming :hug:

Is there any chance the map editor will be ported for the Mac anytime soon?

Honestly, I have spent no time working on the map editor. I have never used it.

The texture mapping problem has been fixed. I will put out an update sometime in the future. The code flagged by NEW_TEX seems to behave now.

Made texture mapping fixes. I pulled out the NEW_WEATHER since there is still general problems with it. So, old weather (with fog, rain, and sound) is in this version. Weather sound will unfortunately sometimes persist across maps...just mute it. :pirate: New version 1201b is posted.

I also chatted with Entropy, and it looks like this will be put out for general consumption VERY soon.

Edited by 0ctane

Thx macpete, but you spelled my name wrong. NO PORT FOR YOU! :ph34r:

Ehm, sorry ... I was in a hurry (hey, even the forum moderator of the IMG BBS has scolded me 'cause I've posted the screenshots of EL without using the thumbnails ... you must be patient with me :) ).

I'm attending a couple of dozens of BBSs these days 'cause I'm writing a wide report for an Italian magazine (an article that will describe the phenomenon of the massive multiplayer games from a Mac user point of view) and I'm very happy to see that the Mac port of this popular MMORPG is coming Back to Life.

Good luck.

Here I am again ... the time has come, I'm writing the report. I will deliver it in a matter of two weeks so if you have news to share please feel free to contact me :)

Here I am again ... the time has come, I'm writing the report. I will deliver it in a matter of two weeks so if you have news to share please feel free to contact me :hug:

Glad to hear that. Ask them if it would be possible to send us a copy of the magazine, with the EL article in it. Or at least a scan.

Here I am again ... the time has come, I'm writing the report. I will deliver it in a matter of two weeks so if you have news to share please feel free to contact me :)

Glad to hear that. Ask them if it would be possible to send us a copy of the magazine, with the EL article in it. Or at least a scan.

We probably won't be able to send a copy of the mag to all the publishers and the developers that has been involved but I will try to send everyone a scan of the article ... but it's still a bit early, I have to start writing first :whistle:

I've started a discussion with the Mac gamers that play EL here:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23208