Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SharkBite

Unnanounced Rollback

Gee guys thanks for the unnanounced rollback half an hour ago.... Rolled back a couple of hours...I have better things to do than waste my time doing the same stuff over again...Highly pissed off....Totally spoilt my day.... Whoever was responsible needs a good kick in the ass. :)

Guest Enyo

sounds like to me that YOU are the one who needs a good swift kick in the ass!! i hate whiners.. the game is free.. appreciate it or walk................ <_<

That was the entire machine resetting without the knowledge of anyone involved with EL before it happened! I'm sure that Entropy will be just as pissed as you and try to find out what happened to his server.

We also have warned you all countless times that you should consider this a test week and ANY leveling or major playing should be done KNOWING this could happen. We announced time and time again that the server is NOT stable yet and you should play lightly and make this exploration time and bug finding time.

yeh it does suck, but we all knew it was a test week, im pritty pissed about losing 1mil+ oa exp but o well :|

That was the entire machine resetting without the knowledge of anyone involved with EL before it happened!

197782[/snapback]

So it doesn't sound like it had anything to do with test week. Just a random machine problem that could happen anytime. Just another example of why it's good to log off every once-in-a-while to save your progress.

So it doesn't sound like it had anything to do with test week.  Just a random machine problem that could happen anytime.  Just another example of why it's good to log off every once-in-a-while to save your progress.

197869[/snapback]

What I understand when rollback happens saving doesn't help because game goes to earlier state. Correct me if I'm wrong.

- Cedox

What I understand when rollback happens saving doesn't help because game goes to earlier state. Correct me if I'm wrong.

- Cedox

197872[/snapback]

No, in this case (and most others) such a rollback will restore your last save. So save often (log off/on)

We really need like a save command such as ctrl + alt + s or something

yeh it does suck, but we all knew it was a test week, im pritty pissed about losing 1mil+ oa exp but o well :|

197790[/snapback]

Omg - I agree totally with Shivar - must be coming down with something...

:huh: Wot a muppet....its plastered ALL over the Forums and its been mentioned several times by Mods ingame....the new client is being tested.....so there maybe Rollbacks, if ya dont like losing XP, dont train until the game is stable, have a good walk around and enjoy the cool new look and quit bitching!! :P