Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jerro

so, whut now :p

down for 1-2 hours..wtf -.-

they said the update wud be last week..so it prolly will last longer then 2 hours XD

what r u guys gonna do in those 2 hours =\

any ideas? :)

they said the update wud be last week..so it prolly will last longer then 2 hours XD

any ideas? :)

196334[/snapback]

Call your girlfried? Go outside and play a sport? Go find a non poisonous spider to torture? Pick up a book?

Tons of things to do.

OMG it's the end of the world! 2 hours! No!

Dude, just go outside..

If that's too much for you, play a console game or another computer game.. This is actually a good time for me to work on my Illutia or Ogre Island characters. :)

Not that either of those games even compare to EL...

Edited by MindFreak

Guest Enyo

any ideas? :P

196334[/snapback]

hmmmmmmmmm <_< rudeness... -_-

Edited by Enyo

this was the perfect time for me..i will be home around 4:30 cst dump the old el file, install new one, feed my kids and get them ready for bed then it will be time to log in, just like any other day.. :P

**prays that the update will work for her computer if she sets the el.ini file to poor-man...**

If it doesn't, I'll still hang out on the forums, so drop a PM any time ^_^ And donate to the "Help Kendai buy a new video card" fund! :P

lol mojo i don't even want to know how you're gonna spend 2 hours in there xD

as for me...well erm ... ya erm.... actually i got no idea what to do.. there are so many choices that i can't just pick one and go do it :P

well, I was coding & testing on 2002... but that went down as well. so now it's time to vege out, read emails, the board(which is busy enough to keep us entertained anyway), etc

the help kendai get a new video card fund? lol maybe that can tie into the help bill buy a new computer because his parents wont fund. i bought a new video card, but my comp is too old for it. i cant get one unless i find one to fit in a PCI slot cuz thats all my comp has. its like 6 1/2 yrs old..that is like 80 in comp. years

I have a Compaq Presario with 3400+ AMD Athlon Processor with 512MB PC3200 memory, 200GB 7200RPM hard drive, and a SiS 760 video card, running on Windows XP. I have no idea what a video card actually looks like ^.^;; So I'm not sure if it's "integrated into the motherboard" or if it can be replaced, according to the information in my help topic when I first installed EL on my computer (see here). In any case, even if I get a new video card, I'll have to install it myself, being computer illiterate as is. I guess I'll learn fast...

Actually Kendai, your graphics card for that computer does not match the rest of your machine. It has decent stats! :icon13: Nearly any card will work in it. Save up about 40 USD and replace it. Basic steps to replacing your graphics card:

First, Pick a side, ATI or Nvidia

Buy your card, I recommend www.pricewatch.com for checking the pricing on a new one. I also recommend Nvidia GeforceFX 5200 128MB version.

Turn off computer.

First memorize, then Unplug everything from your computer.

Open Case, might be a bit tricky, but im sure you can figure it out.

Remove video card you may need a screwdriver. (Its the one that had your monitor plugged into it)

If you find that your video card is part of your motherboard (It should not be) Skip the above step... Heh.

Unwrap your shiny new graphics card.

Place graphics card into computer. Probably the slot that is offset, Probably the same as where your old card was.

Dance, Sing and send us a picture of yourself doing so well.

Close case and plug everything back in.

Cross your fingers and Pray.

Turn on computer.

Configure your new graphics. (Usually a Setup CD and a quick-install pack will come with your card)

Load up EL.

Find you play much better with a new graphics card.

Tell Brom to take me to the new continent.

Have fun!

If you have a second computer, Open up a thread in help-me and someone should be able to help. If you give me a time I will help you personally.

Edited by Brom

Thank you soooo much for the help, Brom, this should really come in handy! I hero-worship you too now hehehe :icon13: I just finished writing down the instructions in preparation for the new video card. Again, thank you! ^_^