Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

The update is coming NOW!

Please go to www.eternal-lands.com and follow the link to the update page for instructions.

If you did predownload the update (my previous post on this forum) it is NOT necesary to download again. Just wait until the server goes down, and install it (following the instructions on the Update page).

[edit]

The server will be down for up to 2 hours, due to the complex process required to update it. We need two sets of backups, and an user conversion.

I'd like to thank.. Entropy.. and the entire team at Eternal Lands for this wonderful.. thing. :wub:

Wow, that's great. :P

Can't wait to make hundreds of skunk hats. I think they should be called "skunkies" or would that be the skunk itself?

What a time to log on eh?

edit

UPDATE ETERNAL LANDS

Due to the many changes in this version, a separate update package is not available, so you will have to download the whole thing from the Download page.

Please save whatever you want to save from your old EL folder (such as the chatlog), then delete that folder, download the new version, and install it.

The game might work if you install it in the old folder without deleting it first, but you will waste some HDD space and there might be problems.

So a clean install is really the way to go. 

Edited by MagpieLee

Thanks Ent and the crew :P

finaly the long waited for update :P thnx ent,roja and the rest of the team :wub: and hope to see more great updates in this game :D

greets sniper

i hope i won't take those full 2 hours.. or else it's gonna be very late when the server is up again..

anyway can't wait for it to be here! get that update coming ent roja and all the other developers! :P:wub::D

112 User(s) are reading this topic (55 Guests and 5 Anonymous Users)

lol why????????? is this post so important lol

196304[/snapback]

We're just waiting for you to start dancing.

Awesome timing Entropy. I'm at work. In two hours I should be close to getting off. I'll get home just in time :)

W00t! should be back up by the time i get home from work..glad i downloaded it last night..just gotta remove old el and install the new one!!

Thanx not only to Ent and Roja, but to all of the other developers and anyone else that worked so hard on this..You guys rock!!!!

Yay - now all I have to to is wait two hours and persuade my GF who returns from a business trip at about the same time as the server are due up that this is more important...

Thanks to Entropy, Roja and all the other Devs - you all ROCK :)

<EDIT>

And in line with Ent's following suggestion - Thanks Rogue/Mihaim :)

</EDIT>

Edited by gadai

BTW, you might also want to specifically thank Rogue/Mihaim, because he is handling the whole server side update. I handled the clientside one.

For Entro and Roja

people_clapping.jpg

For all the mods all the other developers

people%20clapping.gif

For all the ppl that help testing the game!!!!

clapping_hands.gif

Edited by mauriciom

Awesome timing Entropy.  I'm at work.  In two hours I should be close to getting off.  I'll get home just in time :)

196309[/snapback]

same with me ill be getting home from school though

thanks everyoen who worked on this! you did a FANTASTIC job and i cant wait!! so 2 hours approx from your post ent?

You said 2 hours.. works for me already. :)

EDIT: Oh. It always would have. When you said download the new client last night, I thought it wouldn't work.. Or. Maybe it just does for me and a few others for some reason?

Anywho, the server was shut down, luckily there was a warning. :)

Yeah well hmm what to do for 2 hours.

Edited by MindFreak