Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tumaros

The Ocean Strider's Voyage

((lmao how'd that happen? ^.^;;; **imagines a huge orchan trying to breathe life into a tiny gnome** :lol:))

"How did he ever get into that barrel... but I'm willing to bet Penni put him in there. I hope he's all right..." Kendai follows her. Reviving Placid had been by far one of the strangest things she's ever done, definitely. She wasn't going to be able to live this one down... but right now, she was more worried about Pennifuin.

After traveling through much of the new continent, gilthanas had finally put up at least 1 sign in each village and town. It had taken a month, but it was worth it to get rid  of this drunk. Placid had started to get on his nerves, always asking for ale day and night. "hopefully someone who knows him will see one of these signs." It was time for gilthanas to return to his new home.

195673[/snapback]

LadyWolf, Kendai and Alderman searched all along the shoreline. They were about to give up when Kendai yelled for the others. Lady ran over to help Kendai roll a barrel up on the beach. 

Between the two of them they were able to pry off the lid. The lid removed, Placid spilled out onto the wet sand.  Lady checked for a pulse, while Kendai watched. "He's got a pulse but not breathing." Lady stated. Kendai said, " Maybe you ought to give him CPR." "I'm not putting my lips on that gnome! Unless he's roasted proper." Lady replied.

Kendai said, "I'll do it!" and bent to breathe life back into Placid. Placid gasped and started coming around. "Alderan, stay with him while we look for Penn."

LadyWolf and Kendai ran off to search for Penn....

195740[/snapback]

how is this possible if i found him and im on the new continent still?

(stupid story changes :glare: )

(( ahh sadly I seemed to have appeared late so Im not going to jump on this RP but dang if Tuma you better let me know next time :confused:))

195855[/snapback]

((wtf, I joined real late xD))

[Gilthanas, the last 5 pages have described how Penn,Brom and I were out and about]

((wtf, I joined real late xD))

[Gilthanas, the last 5 pages have described how Penn,Brom and I were out and about]

196099[/snapback]

((Gil's story, and the current line coming up don't make sense together - It requires you on both Seridia and Irilion concurrently. Penn's story give possible credence to both stories... maybe one of them is a random gnome that isn't you?))

((Penn stated that they were in a boat that ship wrecked, therefore, we took it that they left Irillion..Gil had already stated that he had went home, then wrote that he found Placid back on Irillion, which isn't possible because Penn and Placid left on the little boat.))

LadyWolf and Kendai searched all along the shoreline, for what seemed to be hours. They were just about to give up when LadyWolf stopped in midstep. Kendai looked at her oddly, "What's wrong?"

LadyWolf had a feeling that she had never felt before. She suddenly could "feel" her surroundings and those in it. She "felt" Kendai standing next to her, but she also "felt" another presence, very weak, but still there.

"He's close.", is all Lady could say. She was unnerved at how heightened her senses were at this time. She hadn't "shifted", hse just felt like her senses had kicked into high gear. She must ask Brom about this later, to find out if it was normal for draegoni to do this.

Lady channeled out and looked along the shoreline. She couldn't see Penn but she knew he was here.

Kendai suddenly yelled, " Lady, look." Lady turned around and looked in the bushes where Kendai was pointing and could just barely make out a tattered green tunic.

Lady and Kendai ran into the brush and found Penn laying face down in the sand. His body was lifeless....

(((Ok Kendai, what now?)))

((To clarify. :) Pennifuin and Placid went sailing, but never broke the breakwater, they were still near Illiron when they crashed. But I like the idea that they made it all the way to Serdia. So, Ill bridge the two. Sadly Gil, I have chosen to send them back to Serdia. So you found Tiras in the barrel or something :P ))

Placid had been bumping and spinning along in his barrel, unawares to where he was going, with a loud "Thump" He felt his barrel blast into the air as gravity returned at an alarming rate. The barrel hit the water again and was drifting after a few swift movements. Placid was too busy plugging holes and attempting to purge his barrel of water to do much else but wait, Nevertheless the barrel nearly filled with water, and Placid blacked out.

Brom retracted his mind from the area. Being with his people had taught him alarming things. He could now reach out to even greater lengths and even move his concious to different locations to effect what was happening there. It had its limits, but it was a powerful ability. He watched as the ship hit the storm surge and the little craft carrying his two friends flipped. He watched the brave Pennifuin use his last energy to stuff his friend Placid into a barrel! Pennifuin floated away.

Brom would not have it! He just would not have it. Channeling 95% of the power he had, he took an eddie in the water and poored his energy into it, causing the eddie to become a whirlpool. Taking the bottom of the whirlpool and shooting it toward Serdia, The remains of the craft and the barrel, and Pennifuins' unconcious form spun with remarkable speed to Serdia!

Brom collapsed, his mind without any more strength than to just supply the connection to his body. He was already in bed, he now just waited for his body to recover, while the trip continued.

Brom woke with a pain covering his entire body, his head throbbed so much with every pulse of the blood into his head he felt waves of pain travel from his head down. Crying only hurt more, staggering with what little strength he had left he fell toward the sink on the ship, drinking all he could, he felt the cool water burn as it tregged down his throught into his burning stomach. Carefully picking his way though the halls he found the ladder leading upward and hand-over-hand climbed. Going to the railing, trying to hide the emense pain he was in, he stood next to Ladywolf, blocking all communication to his body and mind so that she would not know he was in distress. Doing so nearly drained what strength he had left.

The ship docked and Ladywolf ran out toward the wreakage Brom had sent there. He knew it would be near, but had not the energy to sense it. Picking up his staff, Brom staggered down the gangplank, after Ladywolf, knowing he would take 10 times as long as it took her to get there.

((Ahh, I love doing this! Even at work ;P Ohh! sad I missed that RP. Ill have to run one for us...But I have no time to do so. After C2 is released we will run a lot of RPing trips. Catch me in game and Ill see what I can do. Simply add me to your buddy list and it will notify you when I log on.))

Edited by Brom

((I'm at work too Brom..lol...I'd really like to get more involved in RP'ing, I never realized how much fun it was...Actually, I guess I kinda RP every night in game, cause my guild has adopted me as their "pet" wolf lol))

*Out Of Character*

Brom, I think we sorta have a problem..Kendai said she came back to Seridia, but Alderan said he stayed behind. But he wrote that he met Kendai along the road in Irillon. How do we fix this?

Edited by LadyWolf

((Well, I breathed life into a gnome, shall I do the same to a sexy elf? :)))

Kendai gently turns him over, checking for a pulse, anything that would show him to be alive. The barest whisper of a pulse, but no breathing... a voice cried out in her mind, saying that she couldn't believe she was doing this again!, but it needed to be done. Tilting the elf's head back, Kendai breathes into him, working to get all the sea water out of his lungs. Finally after what seemed like ages, his eyes fly open and he coughs, spluttering and spilling the water from his lungs onto the sands, barely alive but still, alive.

((I'd love to RP if I can get the update to work :P I'd love to try multi-channel chat... now we need Pennifuin :P and I don't care where we are, we're still in Draia or whatever the world's called :lol:))

Brom, I think we sorta have a problem..Kendai said she came back to Seridia, but Alderan said he stayed behind. But he wrote that he met Kendai along the road in Irillon. How do we fix this?

We need to watch more carefully. :P But this is what I love, There is not a strict time limit. Alderan could simply write his side of the story and find himself at the end with Kendai and Ladywolf. You can almost always mend RP because time is not strict and it can be bent so easily. Heck I could even mend gils story by saying he found the gnome, got him out, went drinking, then Placid got so drunk he teleported himself back into that barrel...Its possible. Everything is possible in RP :) Even being in two places at once.

Once again: Try not to take over people's RPing into your own hands. Im guilty of this I know, but as you can see, It can mess up the story.

Edited by Brom

LadyWolf watched as Kendai breathed into Penn. The thought of being that close to a gnome and an elf all within an hour made her queasy. Lady "felt" someone approaching, she turned and saw Brom stumbling towards them.

Kendai had Penn stabilized, so Lady ran over to Brom just as he was about to collapse.Lady caught him and helped him to sit. "Brom? Are you ok? You don't look so well." Unsure what to do Lady just stood and look between Kendai and Penn and Brom.

Lady caught movement out of the corner of her eye and saw Placid come walking up, still looking weak from his ordeal.

"What do I do!!!!!!?", she screamed out in her mind.

"Help Pennifuin, Get him into that house over there.." Pausing and breathing hard.

"I will be fine, I just need time...Time to... rest..." Brom collapsed in Ladywolf's arms, All thought and bodily feeling, Gone.

((Pennifuin, where is the screenie? that shipwreak in MM might work :P))

Edit: typos..there are probably more :)

Edited by Brom

((yea like my name!! lol LadyWolf's is correct :P))

LadyWolf holds onto Brom, very worried. His body was limp. He was still breathing, but that was all.

"Kendai, get Penn into that house and I'll get Brom." Lady said. Placid was rubbing his head and looking very confused. "Need help?" the tiny little gnome asked. "Help her get Penn, I'll get Brom."

Placid helped Kendai get Penn into the house, while LadyWolf struggled to lift Brom's limp body to a standing position. She was larger than a human female, but Brom was twice her size and she struggled, but was determined to help her new friend.

LadyWolf finally got Brom into the little house and onto a cot near where they had laid Penn. "Placid, do you feel well enough to go get help?" Placid nodded and set off towards Portland.

LadyWolf wet a cloth and wiped Brom's forehead, which was soaked in sweat. She prayed that Placid got help soon....

Edited by LadyWolf

((Ha Ha! Who will come to the rescue?

Why didnt I get a kiss? er I mean CPR... anyway In Brom's head, this goes on.))

Brom had retreated to the smallest corner of his mind, he huddled in it with a dagger held close to fend off any more pain. All he could do was wait for the pain to subside. He dare not venture out to find how much pain still remained, At the same time Brom knew he could not sustain himself long like this! Brom did not know if this would leave him a cripple for the rest of this life or if he could recover completely, Possibly stronger than he was before. Using magic is like using a muscle, It tears and stretches, then regrows stronger. But was what he did like pulling weights? or was what he did more like dropping that weight while lifting it accross his body? He knew not. He could only wait and hope that some of the wise in Tassengarde or other places could see his symptoms and help. His race, the Draegoni could probably save him, but Brom was now so far away he could not sense their minds. Brom had firm faith in his own race, never really putting faith in any God. He clamied and acted to worship Selian, but as nearly everyone knows. That was for the blessing he could receive while summoning. Perhaps after this, Brom would find he believed in a God. "I hope one of them can save me."

Edited by Brom

((oi, Brom want's kisses too!! hmmm..should I let the orchan have all the fun today?))

LadyWolf looked worriedly down at Brom. What had come over him to make him so sick? She had only really met him on this trip (other than in passing), but she suddenly felt drawn to her own kind, for there were few here in Seridia.

Lady continued to wipe Brom's forehead. She leaned down and lightly kissed his forehead and said, "Brom you have got to get better, you have a lot to teach me about our people."

Lady turned and looked and Kendai who was tending to Penn. It was good that she was recovering so well. This whole trip had been full of problems, when was it going to end?

Lady decided to gently probe Brom's mind, to see if she could find out what had happened.

LadyWolf looked deep into Brom's mind, and pulled back instantly. She immediately felt intense pain. Lady entered again, blocking the pain from her own mind. She searched around and found a door. Opening the door she found Brom huddled there, looking hurt and afraid.

Brom jumped and it made LadyWolf retract from his mind. She looked sadly down at Brom and grasped his hand in her's. "Hold on Brom, Placid is getting help."

((Irony..Placid going for help..Hope he doesn't forget and go to the bar :S)

Edited by LadyWolf

((Now that would have been interesting, having me kiss a gnome, elf, and a draegoni in one day :) btw, nice screenie! :D))

Kendai sighs softly as she tends to Pennifuin, using everything she knew as an alchemist, potion maker, and spell caster to help him. Together she blended the petals of the red rose, sunflower seeds, wine, and added a bit of health essence, administering the potion to Pennifuin to stabilize him and help his body recover from the horrific experience. She mixes another potion and hands it to LadyWolf to give to Brom.

"Here, it should help. It will make them sleep until their bodies have recovered enough to function normally again, although they'll still be weak until they heal fully. Watch over them both please, I'll get firewood so we can build a fire." Taking a deep breath, already exhausted from the day but determined to keep going, Kendai checks on Pennifuin one last time and leaves the small hut to find firewood.

((Hmm... this could be a rather open-ended RP, who knows what could happen to Kendai in the dark of night... **cue evil laughter here** :pirate: lol jk))

Coughing, Brom sat up. "How long have I been down?"

"Three days" replied Ladywolf.

Brom tried a smile, found he was up to the task and said, "Thats why Im so hungry!" His attempt at a laugh failed, but he knew it would return and he coud once again be that laughing, joking storyteller named Brom.

With Brom's strength returning he looked around and saw many of the stow-aways they hard started with, the door was flung open and many were outside, Pennifuin among them.

"Did we all make it back!? Or if we did not, Is everyone at least among the living?"

A few mouths opened to respond, Brom waved them aside and said, lets not discuss it here, lets discuss...

"It in a tavern?" said a few people, finishing Brom's statement they had grown acustomed to on their journey.

"Yes, Lead the way!" Brom said, pointing to the smallest blur which he figured had to be Placid.

And they left, toward the nearest Tavern.

((Everyone who can make it. Party! Heck yes!

Another note: I need to work on 1st and 3rd person mixing, I seem to do it alot :)))

Edit: Darn typos ;P

Edited by Brom

((does everyone want to write a 'what happened after' for their character, like a 'Pennifuin recovered little by little after many months being bed ridden, he continued living in Seridia until he was well enough to travel again where he travelled to irillion, exploring it's many wonders and secrets. or something like that, if you PM me, i'll tell you why!!))