Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tumaros

The Ocean Strider's Voyage

Reaching the area called Palon Verdas Aokan slows down from his run. Jumping up into a tree once more he climbs to the top to get a look for his area. He sees a certain House that catches his attention. He jumps down from the tree and moves closer. seeing guards moving about, he jumps into the trees to watch their movements in secrecy, to memorize the movements of the guards. Maybe this he could call his home perhaps.

LadyWolf hung back with the group following Kendai. Why would she kidnap that delectable little gnome?

She had considered Kendai a good friend back on Seridia, but since the fight with the orchan horde (swears she saw Kendai there) she had a bad feeling in her gut about this trip.

I hope we can reason with Kendai, but if not (pats hilt of thermal serp) I'll fight to the death to protect Seridia..

** I am running outta where to go guys lol**

As they strolled into town, the once busy marketplace, became a mass of static faces, all gazing upon our bold adventurers, faint whispering could be heard in the depths of the crowd, but nothing, save for a few chickens, stirred.

"Bad idea coming here,"whispered Brom as he gazed at the countless staring faces.

The crowd parted in front of them, and closed behind, like water against a boat's hull. The group of friends made their way steadily through, and after trying to make eye contact woth many of the crowd, but being met with only blank stares, they smiled, and kept their heads down.

Once through the square, they made their way round a street corner. They could hear the bustle of trade reconvene once they were out of sight.

"Well, thats one way to feel unwelcomed." smirked Pennifuin.

"We really must try and find Placid, or god knows whats going to happen to him!"urged Brom,"Japery can wait for later, but for now, we have a job to do."

They all went their different directions, deciding it would be more practical as they would cover more ground. Pennifuin snuck into a back alley, removed from his side pouch a handful of essences, and muttered the ancient lyrics of a spell long forgotten by even the powerful of mages and sorcerers. *Poof*

He emerged from the alleyway, looked down upon the ragged dirty clothes that now dressed him, and strolled towards the market square once more, safe in the knowledge that the human shapeshifting enchantment he just performed, would keep him out of harms way, for now.

((Brom and others, care to tell us where you are going/got to/searching?))

((Ah, roleplay... the only place where my character can truly be six places at once... okay, that was an exaggeration. Three. :lol:))

Kendai swears to herself as she searches the marketplace, her prey temporarily eluding her thanks to Atahn. She is unaware of her own pursuers, having thought she had out-witted them back on the ship. Suddenly a dark idea enters her mind as she goes up to a city guard, pretending to be sobbing.

"Sir, a gnome has just stolen my bag of rubies and emeralds! Please, you must help me!" Knedai put on a convinceable act- someone had told her before that despite her race, her charm was one of her strongest ((cross)) attributes.

The guard falls for the trick easily. "Of course m'lady, we'll capture that pesky little thief!" Waving his arm, he signals the rest of the city guards to split up and search the city for the gnome. Kendai smirks as they leave. It felt so good to get what she wanted... unaware to her, however, Pennifuin in his disguise can see her through the crowds.

LadyWolf felt out of sorts, why hadn't Brom thought to channel the gnomish little morsel (i like roasted gnome :icon13:). She ducked into a back alley and sat behind some crates. She channeled out and saw Placid was with Atahn! ZRhe little gnome had escaped! She sent a message to Brom hoping he was paying attention.

Now, with Placid safe, she could go after Kendai and find out exactly what her old friend was up to....

Regar was utterly confused. One minute he'd been talking to some of the crew, discussing how to reinforce their position witht ht eboat and such, and the next he was in an amazing room. Bedazzled by the wealth around him (the gems and inlasy, both gold and silver, we more fabulous than he had ever seen in any Seridian temple)Regar barely noticed that the Captain had confronted him about what happened with the orchans. Regar suddenly was aware that he was in the prescne of both the Baron Wilde, and a beautiful woman...along with severl couriers, soldiers and hangers-on. "My liege, I..umm...have returned from securing the Ship. The Orchans departed after some quick talking on the part of a gnome, and those of us left there began setting up defences around the ship. I alos noted severl people making their way towards the closest village."

The Baron frowned, "Yes, but that still doesnt explain YOUR precense here. I thought I was rid, i mean that i thought that I had left you in charge of the boat, making sure that it was secure?" The Baron smoothed his features into a more friendly look (mostly for the Lady's well-intentions, I'm sure) and schooled his voice. "I'm sure the Empress Hyanithe the Ninth," the Baron gestured towards the beautiful woman i had mistanek for a mere Lady, "but for now, we must continue our-"

The Empress interrupted. "Nay, i wish to hear more from this gallant soul. What happened witht hose Orchans, after they left?"

"Well, you Imperial Highness, " Rgar began, "they eft in the directio of the nearest tow." He continued hastily, as he saw her face cloud with rage, " a goupd of out most stalwart warriors went to the same town. I have no doubt that they would've driven off any agrgrsion by those Orchans." The Empress calmed visibly. "After all, most of the people who travelled tehr are held in very high esteem by most of the peoples of Seridia. Why Placid himslef was the one who talked the Orchans from leaving our vessel!"

The Baron growled. "That gnome was there? I was told that there would be no interference with my mandate! I mean," the Baron once again tried to control his temper, "that I was told that Lord Luxin and the Council of Portland had placed all the necessary duties in my capable hands."

"M'Lord, i believe he snuck on, as did many adventurers from Seridia. After all, who could resist a chance to explore new land." Regar hastily turned to pacify the Empress. "You must understand. Many of our strongest, brightest and most inquisitive have longed for new horizon's to explore. This expedition to this land was like a dream come true!" The Baron still scowled, although the Empress looked amused, if anything. "They won't cause much trouble, I'm sure, but they will be going places no one from our land has ever been? Can you blame them for wanting to be the subject of stories, once we got back home? And plus, they might just be useful..." Regar clamped my mouth shut before he said too much. Not everyone on our vessel had such entirely altruistic motives. I know Tumaros, atleast, has ulteirior motives for coming here, and i could've sworn i saw Kendia both on the ship and with the Orchan horde. Now, if I only knew what they were up to, maybe i could be of some help....

Stalking Kendai in the market Square, Pennifuin, still incognito, snuck behind a rather large stall. He reached into his pouch once more, and produced many strange ingredients, including a featherand a handful of Life essences. Throwing them up, and with a soft silence, an elegant falcon took to the air and circled above.

Looking up, Brom dropped the barman he was 'inquiring', straightened his clothes, and left for the now hovering bird's locale. He knew it was a sign from Pennifuin.

Pennifuin vaulted up the outside of the grainstore that bordered the busy market. From his vantage point, he could see his cloaked and hooded friends convene at seperate entrances of the square. With one swift movement, Pennifuin threw off his disguise, which floated to the ground, revealing his normal garb, of all emerald green and shiny Iron greaves. He held in his hand his trusty wooden staff, which he rapped on the stone exterior of the store house.

*Ahem*

The bustling crowds stopped for a moment, looked up in unicen, and paniced. Worried farmers, farmers wives, townsfolk and simpletons, ran arorund like headless chickens, running left, running right, and running straight into one another. Not the reaction Pennifuin was hoping for. In the crowd, cries such as "they have come for us!" and "an invasion! have mercy!" could be heard from the more pessimistic citizens of the town.

Safe to say, the market cleared quicker than a tavern in which an rather large troll has snuck into and broken wind.

In the confusion, Kendai was able to slip away. Pennifuin nimbly jumped down onto the pebbles below. Looking around, all he could was a few empty market stalls (which had been looted in the panic), and a few chickens, who were acting a darn sight more respecatbly than most of the people that had previously exited.

The friends convened in the centre, removing their hoods. Little did they know, that they were being watched.

"Ahh dagnabit" Placid said with cocky frustration.

"Suppose i'll assist with this commotion. If I know Brom and Pennifuin, I know their behind this tomfoolery"

Raising his hand whilst mixing some fire essences, he summons and directs a fireball at the nearest building, engulfing it in huge white hot flames.

That'll do me thinks. Charging past the engulfed flames, Placid see's Brom and Pennifuin.

"Over here you fools" he shouts, as Brom turns with a relieved, but rather cross gaze.

"Trust you littl'en. Always causing SOME form of mishap whilst on an adventure" said Brom approaching Placid

"Enough of that. It wasn't my intention to bring us here. Nore was it mine to cause such commotion here. Seen as you have, I thought i'd add to the flavour, if ye get what I mean" said Placid, winking with delight

"We'll discuss this later" said Brom

"Right now, we should learn a little more about where we are"

*BOOM* the house Placid had engulfed exploded, causing the adjacent building and market stalls to ignite

"and perhaps we should find ourselves some shelter" said Pennifuin.

"Indeed" said Placid, as they darted across the street to avoid the flames

From the seclucion, Atahn listened to a passing guard - evidently, an Orchan girl had started crying, claiming a gnome had stolen some jewels from her - lies. I wonder if she dare tell anyone her true purpose.

That gnome was more trouble than he was worth, Atahn mused to himself, thinking of a good diversion. Just as Atahn noticed the market clear - this just got harder.

Just then, the gnome jumped up and ran, with a cursing human trying to keep up with him. It was about the time he'd caught up with Brom and Pennifuin that he'd noticed the burning building. He thought of trying to put out the fire, but if the town was in league with Kendai, for whatever reason, it could just burn. He took off with Brom, Pennifuin, Placid, and the rest that had come there, who were now seeking shelter.

"This'll do!!" cried Brom as he halted, almost breathless

"We've been running for nearly 30 minutes, I think we can safely say we're lost"

"Where did you learn to run so fast littl'en. Im quite impressed" said Brom, with a cocky smile, knowing it would agitate the Gnome.

"I'll have you know the art of running is with the stamina, not in the legs"

"Im impressed too, for an old man, you have pace" replied Placid. Somewhat offended.

"Lets rest against this rock." said Pennifuin

"I'll arrange us something to eat while you two ladies squabble" he commented, knowing both would feum

At that moment, Atahn caught up.

"Nice to see you again friend" said Placid

"I'd hoped you'd wait for me, considering I saved your life back there" replied Atahn, rather angrily

"Ahh indeed, but I wouldn't want to have got caught again running at your pace. You should thank me" said Placid with a grin

Pennifuin sat down, arranging the supplies he had in his bags. Taking the fruit, he threw each member of the group an apple, bruised but edible.

"How about one of you find our bearings and see what our surroundings are like, while I prepare the rest of this food" said Pennifuin

"Brom good thinking, you stay here Atahn, Placid and I will take a look"

Placid and Brom walked away from the group, down a narrow track, readying themselves for ambush or otherwise

((Ah, roleplay... the only place where my character can truly be six places at once... okay, that was an exaggeration. Three. :lol:))

194215[/snapback]

This is what i was going off of, i guess they decided to change it :)

Bending down on the track, Pennifuin stirred a few leaves, looked around, and stood up.

"Well it was definetly an Orchan, carrying a small load of sorts, hard to be sure."

"Well its the only lead we have."reasoned Brom.

The band of Seridians walked along the the road, not knowing where it would take them, and if they were walking in the right direction.

"I do hope Placid is alright" said LadyWolf,

"Hes a hardy Gnome, and quick of mind" said Brom in a comforting tone.

"Quickly, off the road!"whispered Pennifuin in a forced tone.

The group split off, left and right, into the undergrowth that lined the woodland path.  Surely enough, around the corner came trundling a farmer in his cart.  But he was not alone, beside the old farmer was sat an orchan. Kendai! thought Pennifuin. Surely enough, in the back of the cart, was a barrel, which, unawares to the hardy travellers, now did not contain a gnome!

The friends laid low for quite a few minutes, knowing that as long as Kendai was kept in view, they could take it easy. Picking himself up, and brushing himself off, Pennifuin said,

"Now to see what shes up to!"

The friends kept good pace along the dusty track, making sure they could constantly hear the clip-clop of the cart horse's hooves.  They emerged out of the woods, to find themselves confronted with a busy looking town.

194167[/snapback]

Edited by gilthanas

LadyWolf looked up and saw the falcon circling and knew it had to be one of her new found companions. She was only steps behind Kendai, and seriously thought about ignoring the circling bird, but she kept looking back and finally turned and headed down an alley way towards where the bird was hovering.

She stood and watched as Penn discarded his disguise and all hell broke loose. She could help but chuckle at the sight of the towns people running into each other. Finally the square was empty and Placid came trotting out of a house with a mischievious grin on his face. Suddenly there was a loud *BOOM* and she saw flames climbing the walls of the structure. What is wrong with that gnome? she thought that blow Kendai gave him to the head must have been harder than she thought.

She shook her head and stepped forward into the square, kicking a chicken and sending it flying. She lowered the hood of her cloak and walked up to Penn who was watching Placid and Brom surry from the square. "What now Penn?" Lady asked. "I guess we amuse the gnome and follow him." Penn replied. Lady shrugged and drew open her cape, revealing the titanium chain mail and iron greaves she now wore below. (She had knocked out a town guard for pinching her rear and decided she could use the armor more than him).

Penn chuckled and said, " Gnome guards eh?" Lady rolled her eyes and laughed, "I'll be damned if he bites my shins!"

Just then, two big burly town guards appeared before Penn and Lady. She looked around and Atahn and Alderan standing back to back with her and Penn facing down two more guards. She looked at Penn ,the guards then back to Penn. "Ready to play?" She growled as she unsheathed her sword....

**catching myself up here**

They fought the guards briefly, but Atahn made short work of them with one of his spells. All at once Kendai charged out of the shadows and attacked Atahn. He cast a teleport spell which, unfortunately, teleported him and Kendai to only god knows where.

Lady stood looking dissappointed at the fallen guards, she had yet to have much of a fight. She saw the others take off into the woods, so she followed, staying back abit. Alderan and Dunian sat back while Placid ,Penn and Brom walked away. Lady took a seat and leaned against a tree, sitting a bit a part from Dunian and Alderan.

Lady "heard" Brom in her mind tell ing them that they should go look for Kendai that he, Placid and Penn were going to a tav...but the message was cut off abruptly. This concered her. Brom was a much older draegoni than she and she knew he had the wisdom that she lacked to keep himself safe.

It was just odd, she had felt strange since they had turned and headed south. Like she could feel something beconing her southward, not pulling her there, but just tugging at her mind. She opened her mind and tried to channel Brom, but she got no immediate response.

LadyWolf stood and looked to the south, what was out there that had reached out to her? she wanted to go, to find out what was drawing her in that direction, and was just about to part from her two companions, but then she remembered Kendai. Brom wanted them to go after her, so whatever was calling to her would have to wait.

LadyWolf searched with her mind and made a mental lock on Atahn, then cast teleport spell, appearing just out of sight. She saw Atahn running from Kendai, Lady trotted slowly after them.

Edited by LadyWolf

((I'm glad to see i have taught my padawans well :) Also. i'd like to give you all a cookie. i have only seen a FEW mistakes in here, most are just mind farts or time lapses for slower writters. So i give you a cookie. I'd also like to remind you that When this fabled contenint arrives, it wont be available right away. Just continue the Role Play and have fun. i do believe this is the longest roleplay in history of the forums :) And for that

ANOTHER COOKIE!

))

((I have discovered that this is quite fun...hope those of us that are still posting can keep this up until we reach an ending :))) ((Kendai, I'm coming to get j00!)) lmao

Edited by LadyWolf

((Eeep! LadyWolf's gonna kill me, waaaaaa :P)) ((and w00t for cookies! :D)) ((and I'm wondering where I am, now that I've been fully distracted... eh, I'll just go with it :)))

As the rest of the town guards try to put out the flames set by that accursed gnome ((:P)), the guards circle LadyWolf, Pennifuin, Placid, Brom, and Alderan, joined by a half-dozen more so that they would be outnumbered 2 to 1 as they hold their weapons out steadily at them.

"For the crimes of thievery on the part of the gnome and for arson, you are under arrest! Surrender now, drop your weapons, and come quietly if you value your lives."

Kendai watches from the shadows of an alley, careful not to be seen or get caught in the flames of the burning marketplace. This was going to be interesting... but if they failed, then she herself would have to step in... she searches the pouches inside her cloak, ready to make her full appearance to the Seridians if the time came.

((Edit: there, added another two guards and you, Alderan... hope you're happy now since the numbers of guards increased now lol :P))

Edited by Kendai

((OI! I hate this..you read, decide what to right and then someone else posts and throws you way off course.)) ((gonna site and wait until someone catches me back up))

Edited by LadyWolf

((I thought we might try to follow the news posted by Lyanna, for example, In this post I am trying to point us here:

New Contact found!))

Its time to get everyone under control again. Reaching out with his mind under his curious spell, Brom came in contact once more with the Serdians he had contacted before, and broadcasted to all he could reach within about ten miles. "A few of you track down this Kendai orchan that is having so much fun. Placid Pennifuin and I are going to a nearby tav..." but he was unable to complete his message. Very powerful tugs were pulling on his mind, as if someone had their hands around his head, he looked south and began walking! During thier tracking of the orchan, Kendai, they had walked farther south, and this pull on Brom's head was tugging him farther! renewed vigor entered his body as he started to jog south.

Brom, being a Draegoni, had evolved his brain to a point where he could feel things around him, talk to people with his mind, and even have a little control over them, but this he had never felt. He was being controled!

-- Time Elapse, running --

Over mountains, past trees, through rivers he ran, feeling only the unmistakable urge to keep running south. Brom came upon a port city, and not knowing what he was doing found himself on a ship that was traveling south. He was released from the control. Questions like "What in the world am I doing here?" "Why was I controled?" And "Who dare control Brom the Storyteller!"

An ancient and powerful mind melded with his, "You do not know your own race! My name is not to be known by you yet... You are old, Very old from the others you traveled with. Listen carefully and I will tell you things about the Blood in your own veins. Draegoni travel when they are young, but as they grow they become more and more strong of mind and weaker of body. When this happens Draegoni commonly return to their homelands, without thinking of it. While Draegoni mature their minds will evole until they can speak mentally, control magic and people. The older Draegoni become the more they turn into their own heads, less in this mortal coil. You are old and have long since past the time when you should be with your people, we are but helping you on your way home."

With awe, Brom turned south. He could now see an icy land appearing on the horizon.

"I have other Draegoni in my group, Why are they not here?" You have two more in your Serdians that have landed, one is young and still has much to learn, the other has joined herself with other beings, becoming something that is completely unique. Due to this connection, she has also matured in her mind. She has already learned she can channel and reach people to send messages. We are a careful race, we will not pull her into the Draegoni caverns, but if she feels the pull herself, we will welcome her with open arms.

Welcome home

With a Screech, the boat dry docked onto the sandy, but snow-covered beach. No docks where in sight...

((Do what you will, Im heading to my homelands!))

Edited by Brom

Atahn takes cover as the guards appear to try and arrest the group. Atahn knew the charges were false; now he had to do something, or Kendai would win - too easily.

He utters another spell, and the guards fall faint, freeing the crowd. The simple spell had brought Atahn out of his refuge, and he sees an obviously enraged orchan rushing him, ready to strike him. He draws the short sword he procured from the ship, and parries her thrust, and knocking her off balance into the street.

Atahn holds the sword prone in her direction, and moves between Kandai and the others. He screams at others, "GO! FLEE!" while Kendai regains her feet. Kendai lunges at Atahn, just as Atahn utters a spell of teleportation - catching Kendai in the same spell.

Atahn regains his bearings - he's no longer in the city, his friends are no where to be found. He has no clue where he's at - and he's got an angry orchan after him.

**catching myself up here**

They fought the guards briefly, but Atahn made short work of them with one of his spells. All at once Kendai charged out of the shadows and attacked Atahn. He cast a teleport spell which, unfortunately, teleported him and Kendai to only god knows where.

Lady stood looking dissappointed at the fallen guards, she had yet to have much of a fight. She saw the others take off into the woods, so she followed, staying back abit. Alderan and Dunian sat back while Placid ,Penn and Brom walked away. Lady took a seat and leaned against a tree, sitting a bit a part from Dunian and Alderan.

Lady "heard" Brom in her mind telling them that they should go look for Kendai that he, Placid and Penn were going to a tav...but the message was cut off abruptly. This concered her. Brom was a much older draegoni than she and she knew he had the wisdom that she lacked to keep himself safe.

It was just odd, she had felt strange since they had turned and headed south. Like she could feel something beconing her southward, not pulling her there, but just tugging at her mind. She opened her mind and tried to channel Brom, but she got no immediate response.

LadyWolf stood and looked to the south, what was out there that had reached out to her? she wanted to go, to find out what was drawing her in that direction, and was just about to part from her two companions, but then she remembered Kendai. Brom wanted them to go after her, so whatever was calling to her would have to wait.

LadyWolf searched with her mind and made a mental lock on Atahn, then cast teleport spell, appearing just out of sight. She saw Atahn running from Kendai, Lady trotted slowly after them.

***I am losing track of things bad here lol***

Edited by LadyWolf

((No, that is all very well. Im curious what the others will do. since the group has travelled south a ways, we are very close to a gnomish village...Just accross the channel to the east... Perhaps I should get you guys a map ;P))

Edited by Brom