Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tumaros

The Ocean Strider's Voyage

[Out of character post]

We should Pennifuin! Im with you. Ill wait till this wraps up however.

LadyWolf was exhausted not having slept for most of the 3 days that Brom had been down. She was relieved when he awakened, seeming almost like his old self.

Lady didn't feel much like the pub, but she went along, still concerned for her friend. Maybe a drink won't be so bad, she thought...

LadyWolf hung back a bit from the rest, thinking all the while of what lay in her future.

Arriving at the tavern she took a mug of beer and drank deeply. Oh boy am I gonna get drunk! she thought chuckling to herself. She sat in the corner alone and nursing her beer and listening to everyone as they started to recount their tales.

(((This was fun guys, I kinda hate to see it all end. Will do my "afterstory" once I see most everyone has checked in.)))

Kendai wasn't much of a drinker, but tonight she needed it she thinks to herself as she followed the others to the tavern. She sits down on a stool and just listens to everyone tell their tales, offerring her own only when asked as she sips at her wine. What a journey it had been for all of them... and as Kendai makes discreet notes on a piece of parchment she hid under her glass, pretending it to be a coaster, she knows they would be immortalized forever in the history of Seridia. Although she would never mention how she had to breathe life into both Placid and Pennifuin. That wasn't going in the official copy, oh no...

((I guess what I'm saying is this: I'll offer my writing skills to complie this all into a book if no one else volunteers :P It has been an honor and a privilege to RP with you all ^_^ and I'll write my epilogue too hehe))

Brom, I think we sorta have a problem..Kendai said she came back to Seridia, but Alderan said he stayed behind. But he wrote that he met Kendai along the road in Irillon. How do we fix this?

196170[/snapback]

I thought she was still in Irillion. :P Do I need to write how I got back to Seridia now?

((eh, ok. But it's gonna take a while before I can think of anything. I have to write why Alderan ended up not going home, why he ended up going to Seridia instead, and how he got there...))

((That'll work I guess. here it goes.))

Alderan had been travelling for three Days, but he had had a strange feeling that he needed to return to Seridia ever since he left the Vermor estate, and he could not ignore it any longer. "If I go back now I'm going to regret it..." he mumbled to himself. "But I'm going toregret it more if I do not return to Seridia. I know something wrong is going to happen..." he sighed, knowing that he had to return to Seridia. "I will return home someday." He promised himself. He turned and headed for the nearest city. When he arrived, he bought a ticket back to Seridia on one of the new inter-continental ships.

When he arrived back in Seridia, he was travelling to Portland, when he saw Kendai on the road...

((is that ok for how I got back to Seridia?))

Edited by Alderan

((Writing me in now))

((?))

A young elf had been sleeping in a house in Tirnwood Vale - well, rather trying to sleep. He awoke screaming, "No!"

As the daylight filtered into the windows, he arose, realizing that it was a dream. He had to tell someone, and fast - he knew he could always find someone he could trust at the campfire in Orasul. As he muttered a few words, he appeared there, and walked over to a chain-mail clad man.

"I hadn't expected you back so soon, after..."

"Yes, I hadn't expected my return for some time. However, it would appear something - or someone - had other plans."

"I sensed danger, I had to tell someone. Since you are here, come with me."

Atahn followed the young elf, running fleet of foot all the way to the docks of Isla Prima. As they were taking passage, The young elf recanted what he'd seen - a gnome, an elf, and a draegoni in danger.

Atahn spoke, "Irilion?"

"Now that I've seen you, something makes me think it's here in Seridia."

"One last thing - Who are you?"

At that moment, the boat docked in Lakeside, and the elf said, "that is unimportant now. Go!"

The Unnamed One has continued to remain that way,[./i]

Atahn thought to himself.

He thought he'd check the tavern for news, but when he saw them gathered there, he thought to himself, So much for needing help.

((wtf, I joined real late xD))

[Gilthanas, the last 5 pages have described how Penn,Brom and I were out and about]

196099[/snapback]

Pennifuin felt himself awakening, he rubbed his achey eyes, felt his pounding head with his hands, squirmed, stretched, and lay there, staring at the ceiling, wondering about the peculiar dream that came to him the night before.

"Morning Penn!" came an enthusiastic voice from the foot of his bed.

Pennifuin sat up abruptly, to see Placid, rubbing an apple on his tunic.  He took a bite and then tossed it to the freshly awakened Elf.  Looking around, Penn realised that this was not his house at all, and all came flooding back to him, Kendai, Gnomes and Lord Vermor. 

"So what do you want to do today then Penn?"enquired the cheery little Gnome.

"Let me get out of bed first before consulting me with such matters!"snapped Pennifuin, who was now feeling worse for wear. "What happened last night, my head is killing me."

"Well, Lord Vermor knew we were in trouble, he had been tracking our progress ever since the fire in Idaloran.  When we were in trouble, he teleported us to his humble abode."

"Oh...yes...then we thought it would be a terribly good idea to crack open the ale in celebration.  Wait, YOU thought it would be a good idea."

"One of my best."replied Placid without a hint a modesty.

Morning rolled on, the duo managed to get Penn dressed (just about) and Placid was on his third course of breakfast.  Lord Vermor staggered in, defeated.

"thanksh for all the *BURP* grub LV" smiled Placid.

Vermor sat down, grunted, and collapsed on the table.

"I think we should go on an adventure today!"remarked Pennifuin, cheering up after remembering where he actually was.

The day was bright, radiant sunlight filled every corner of Palon Vertas, but, on the horizon, a black cloud loomed.

"I would ever so like to go for a sail today Placid, maybe take a boat round the coast a bit, explore like we used to back on Seridia!"

The gnome was busily burying his face in a currant bun stolen from the Kitchen of Vermor's summer home,(if you could call it that: Palace, Castle, Mansion would also suffice.)

Setting off down Vormus river, Placid lay in the bow sunning himself, chewing on a piece of grass.  They drifted for miles, not  a care in the world, and saw many wonderous sites, Gnomish Villages, Humans, Elves, even the occasional Draegoni wagon trundling along the riverside path.  As they went bye, the two companions would give a royal wave, and then Placid would go back to snoozing, and Pennifuin would continue taking in the scenary, occasionally summoning a bird, or a fish.

The day wore on, and the river was widening, there was a chill in the air. The black clouds had followed them downstream and were just about over head.  Pennifuin tried  to rouse the slumbering Placid, but he just grunted and rolled over, falling off his perch and into the bottom of the boat.

"WHAT? what? eh?"said the rather confused Gnome."What are you doing you crazy elf?!"he added, and in a half murmur to himself "sheesh, big people today."

As Pennifuin tried to tack the boat, and make his way back up river, he noticed that he was not in control, looking around he could now see the river had turned tidal and now, the viscious current was ripping. He looked downstream, he could see a few leagues in front of them was the river mouth. The wind had picked up and was now going against the tide, causing the ever growing swell to crest and form white horses which danced around the struggling bow. Placid hung on tight as the boat was tossed around, being battered by the waves.  Being a skilled sailor, Pennifuin had no trouble dealing with these sorts of conditions, he sheeted in the sail, and headed for the nearest riverside.

Suddenly, there was a massive *thwack* as the mainsheet(that is used to control the mainsail)snapped, letting the sail right out.  With no power, the tide took them easily, and carried them at an astounding rate of knots, out to sea.  The wind howled as the storm ceasingly increased in severity. Suddenly the was an almighty *CRAAACK* as the mast broke, the sail (and rigging with it) flopped over board into the unkowns depths.  The waves grew bigger, ten, fifteen, twenty feet!

The two companions were huddling together in the bottom of the boat. She had done them well, such a small vessel could not have normally put up with such a battering, but she was a well built, almost a magical craft.

The boat began to tip in the ever growing swell when all of a sudden, a gust caught the side of the boat, tipping her over.  Pennifuin and Placid were cast into the icy cold water, and did not reach the surface for what seemed like an Eternity.  Breaking up through the water, Pennifuin gasped for air, the cold of the water made him short of breath, he would not last long. But where was his companion Placid?? looking around frantically, his heart sank. He saw his little friend clutching a plank which formerly made up the hull of the now obliterated boat. Penn swam as best as he could in the chop, over to him.

"He is still breathing, thank the Gods!" thought Penn to himself.

Seeing a barrel floating by, Pennifuin caught onto it an put the gnome inside.  He hung on until he could no more, Pennifuin felt the barrel slip out of his grasp, the two drifted apart from each other in the ripping current.

Pennifuin could feel life itself silently but surely slipping away from him as he was swept further and further out to into the Winterglace Sea.

194929[/snapback]

As gilthanas was gathering water he noticed a barrel floating down the river. He normally wouldnt of checked it, but he thought he saw something in it. when he had brought it to shore, he looked in side. "It's one of the stoaways!" Gilthanas quickly ran to the town doctor. "oh hey gil, whats the problem?",said the doc. "This gnome was floating down stream, I need you to help him". "I will do my best".

(there you go placid)

195024[/snapback]

you were saying? :smartass:

(@ lady wolfs post (#211), he said they were ripped in different directions, so i am saying that he floated back to irrilion

Edited by gilthanas

Why does this always happen to Gil? It happened two times during this RPing. Sorry Gil.

would really help if i could moderate this rp..But as i can't, i'll try to inform you on stuff not to do. If something shows up. PM me right away if you don't think it good RP. i will ofcourse then check it and see if it is truley, wrong. If it is i will get someone to fix it or delete the entire post. Thank you.

Yoshi

(((Ever wonder what happens after the story is over?)))

**Later**

LadyWolf drank till the wee hours of the morning while sitting in the pub listening to tales of most of the stowaways. Slowly, one by one everyone started to leave, wandering off on their own new journeys.

Lady was the only one left in the pub besides Brom, Penn and Placid. This brought back memories of when they had first became aquainted back in that little nameless pub on Irillion.

LadyWolf (pretty much toasted from all the beer she had consumed), thought back about her journey to the new land. Some had felt disappointed by returning empty handed, but Lady didn't. She had made new friends, fought new monsters, and had gained knowledge and wisdom that she would never forget.

The most important thing she got out of the whole trip was the feeling of acceptance. From the companions she travelled with, to her new found family. She learned that she wasn't cursed as she had always seen it. She had a great gift, and even though it made her one of a kind, she was still a draegoni by birth.

LadyWolf had alot to learn about the ways of her people, having kept her distance from them for so long, but she knew that as long as wise old Brom was around she would have access to the answers she needed.

LadyWolf stood slowly, careful to not tip over. She walked across the tavern to where the others sat. Placid had passed out hours ago after only 2 beers. Penn was pretty much wasted and Brom was feeling no pain.

LadyWolf reached her hand out to Penn to shake his hand goodbye and he accepted. She then reached down and gave Brom a gentle hug and a quick little kiss and laughed, "Since you felt so neglected that Penn and Placid got all the kisses the other day, there ya go."

Brom and Penn laughed heartily. LadyWolf looked at her two new friends and knew that they would have more adventures together in the future, but for now, she needed to find her place in this land. She knew she always had a home and family on the new continent, but this was one place she needed to conquer.

LadyWolf, bidding her friends farewell, turned and slowly walked out of the tavern. She looked back briefly, feeling sad that this journey had come to an end, but taking heart that their were more to come.

LadyWolf walked out into the night, heading off to her little house near the veggie patch south of raven in Grahm's village.........

***Out of Character***

Well guys, that's it that's all...It was really fun RP'ing with you guys, and I hope to be able to do it again sometime soon. Hope I didn't get too carried away at times, but Brom summed it up best when he said ,"LadyWolf you are now an RP addict!"

Have fun on C2, hope to see you guys there :P

Edited by LadyWolf

Drinking and celebrating that everyone had lived carried on through the night, People went their respective ways and Ladywolf gave Pennifuin and Brom her fairwell and went off also. Brom had not the strength yet to travel to his places of rest or sleep. So he walked upstairs and took an open bed. The owner of the tavern let him sleep there whenever he liked due to the drinks he would consume and the tales he would spin.

The next Morning...

Brom stood upon a table and spoke clearly to the awaiting crowd at Moonshadow's tavern.

"We arrived at Illiron with a fanfare of trumpets and crowds of citizens and dignataries waiting for us! On the way to the mighty castle we encountered a horde of bloodthirsty orchans! But fear not for we slew them all. Praise and awards were rained down on us for our bravery and skill. It was due to such feats that the intercontinental trade had been set up!" Brom laid his finger on the side of his nose. "Illiron needed help as much as we did, that is why we will be heading back as soon as we can!" Brom said with a knowing expression.

He told only what the people wanted to hear. He was, after all, a storyteller.

Brom continued telling his story with many truths that were exaggerated and bent so that everything appeared to go right. He mentioned a Mortos possed Orchan but made it appear that Kendai was on their side the whole time. With twirls and flourishes Brom finished his tale and the Tavern was quiet for a space of a minute. Then the questions started pooring on. The questions Brom enjoyed more than anything else because it showed him how much mystery and power his words could take hold over people. Brom brushed them aside and said, "It is late, I must return to bed" amongst protests that Brom loved all the more he said, "Ok one more time!" And told the story again, only changing the story a little bit so that the crowd would not notice.

Brom was once again in his element, The storyteller.

((Fun fun! Lets do some RPing in game. Heh, when I have time...))

Dunian dipped the quill into the ink, and began to finish his record. He hadn't had as much excitement and adventure as the other stoaways, but the scroll he had picked up in Irillion intrigued him, and he needed to stay in Serdia awhile to study it.

Putting down his pen, he closed the book.

((I just thought I'd sort of finish my part, little though it was))

Kendai sits beneath a palm tree as the soft breeze picks up her braid and starts playing with it as she puts the final touches on the scroll. It had taken her most of the day beneath the shade from the desert sun as she sits by the oasis, but she has finally completed her tales of the Ocean Strider.

Suddenly, a man appears before her out of nowhere, tall with dark hair and twinkling eyes. Kendai stands up, and her lips form the question.

"Who are you?"

The man grins brightly. "I hear you've been looking for me. They call me the Joker. I have a gift for you..."

((lol I finally found my Joker :confused: and so my tale comes to an end ^_^ See you in the game, either on my sister's computer or when my own has a new video card! :P))

Atahn had attended the gathering in the Moonshadow Tavern, and kept mainly to the shadows - this wasn't his moment. There would be many moments later, or there would be none - Atahn really didn't care which.

As the festivities wound down, Atahn paid or a room, and went to it. He began to read his log, which had started with his stowage on the boat. He read through where they'd wrecked, how they'd prepared for battle on the Ocean Strider's deck, and how Placid cut short the battle with a word. He read of the tavern in the village, of the stories they told, and of the battle they all fought together. He read his account of where Kendai had kidnapped Placid, and he'd chased her to town, with the others not far behind. He still wondered what had happened there, how he'd ended up with LadyWolf, fighting Kendai in Palon Vertas. However, the mystery of how he'd returned to Seridia was far greater for him. He began to write his musings on this - why was he sent back? What did Irilion hold in store for him? and what were the secrets he held? This finished the last page of his log, so he closed the book, and went to sleep.

The next morning, he rose late. Brom was already telling stories again, this time the stories they'd had of Irilion. The stories weren't quite right, but if that's Brom wanted to tell it, and how the people wanted to hear it, he wasn't going to say otherwise. He made his way out of the bar, and left across the Nordflaq river.

The adverturer was again looking for adventure, back again in the old land.

Pennifuin bravely gulped the dregs from the puter cup. Standing up, he staggered to the door, waved incomprehensibly to his fellow travelllers, opened the door, walked outside, and fell over.

He awoke to find himself in his own treehouse; hopelessly still drunk and wondering how the hell he got there. It had been a long time since his presence had graced those walls. He was always on the move. Exploring here and there, and endlessly searching for the Isle of Roanof.

A few days passed. Even though he enjoyed the company of his people once more, he yearned for the open road and the undiscoveered track. So he set out for an expedition. Grabbing his fur, food and essences, he made for the Intercontinental ferry to Irillion.

Once there, he wondered far and wide seeing many wonderous sights and escaping many perilous dangers.

Here, the records of Pennifuin the Explorer run dry, but there was talk of him; in the villages of Iriilion, passing through, and him talking of turning to the southern frozen icelands for an adventure. Here it is, i am afraid, that the story of Pennifuin lies thus far, Pennifuin missing, presumed claimed by the ice.

Edited by pennifuin

All responses in? Can I (Hopefully with the help of others) Start building the story?

((Let me give myself a happy ending before you do that :) ))

Alderan finished his Ale and headed out of the Tavern. Now that the trouble was over he could return to Irillion. He set out for the secret ferry, to explore the new lands and find new adventures.

Edited by Alderan