Eternal Lands Official Forums

Just a fun little suggestion don't really think you will do it but here goes. How about having girls and boys names in different colors. Would sure make my life easier. Face it ladies how many times have you been called dude and I know a couple of guys who have been refered to as her or she because of their names.Doesn't seem like it would be all that hard to do. But then what do I know

Hmmm... the problem seems to be only on channel. In other cases you can just go closer to person you're talking and make zoom. Unless player chose different sex for his/her character than in real life you should see difference.

I generally don't see serious reason for implementing anything like that. If you made an error and call girl boy (and vice versa) you will be either corrected or the person just don't care.

vanyel

plus with the way many guys act, some of the girls probably prefer not to stand out

Yea, Evalin is a guy but he's often mistaken for a girl lol. It's a good ideea .. I like it ^^

175439[/snapback]

Evalin guy ? that's completly new for me :P

If you want people not to make mistakes about your gender pick a name that makes it clear :P

LadyReni ... clear enough?

Yea pick 1 with blond hair and big boobs problem solved .

If you want people not to make mistakes about your gender pick a name that makes it clear  :P

175462[/snapback]

You're male, right?

If you want people not to make mistakes about your gender pick a name that makes it clear  :P

175462[/snapback]

Actually it really isn't clear at all. I can name you a good amount of obviously female characters with female names that in reality are guys. So go figure :)

plus with the way many guys act, some of the girls probably prefer not to stand out

175446[/snapback]

Amen to that. Several times I've considered changing my avatar to male :P

If you want people not to make mistakes about your gender pick a name that makes it clear

oh whatever :P

Amen to that. Several times I've considered changing my avatar to male :)

175851[/snapback]

yah. I sometimes get quite annoyed when those who think below the belt drive off (potential) players/chatters/techies/etc.

even if the wiminfolks ignore them and keep going (yay) those others have still given the decent men a bad rep :P

I have actually been asked am i male or female, and my ingame name in LadyWolf...go figure

177626[/snapback]

Me too... :(:P:wacko:

-Lyn-

I have been mistaken for a girl in real life once (I was thinner and had long hair then, but anyway I am very ugly as a female, sure).

On topic, I dont like the idea at all. But is just my opinion....

if u like compile urself, i am lazy to make diff for such thing LOL

add this before drawin actor (erm add the sex detection, of course :wacko::

if (boy)
glColor3f (0.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f);
else
glColor3f (1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f);

so the boys will be blue and girls red

:unsure:

Would it help to have more variety in clothing? Everyone in EL appears to be in tunic and pants - what about some dresses/skirts/kilts/robes/loincloths etc.