Eternal Lands Official Forums
Guest Enyo

monster drops = practically 0

Roja did you see my poll on books being droped?? if not take a look. Some idea's there and for the gold drop i think it should be rapidly increased. Crannog your not a fighter so why do you have to suggest that only a small amount is dropped  :) ?

174715[/snapback]

Well, if you cant make enough money from only fighting, why dont you do something else then, to get money? Maybe pick flowers and sell them :lol:

Piper

Judging by Cranny's stats, he is indeed a fighter. Therefore, as a high level manufacturer and a fighter, I'm sure he more than well knows the importance of money and what drops have done what to the economy. Rapid increases in money drops equals to fighters all becoming super rich (where in theory, only a few of the hardcore fighters were meant to be millionaires).

Edited by Daxon

Guest Enyo
Well, if you cant make enough money from only fighting, why dont you do something else then, to get money? Maybe pick flowers and sell them  :lol:

Piper

174717[/snapback]

that might be cute and funny to say but it's not a good solution..

Fighters rule the economy on average.

Now they aren't getting drops left and right and they are complaining?

I'm sorry, I'm not seeing the problem.

Perhaps you should WORK WITH OTHERS?

As a fighter you have a high emu. Try muling for potion makers and alchemists in trade for finished goods. Or get hard to get items (Emeralds, Rubies) for them. Again, trade of services. There are ways there if you are willing to work with others and not just sit in a dungeon fighting all day.

Fighters rule the economy on average.

Now they aren't getting drops left and right and they are complaining?

I'm sorry, I'm not seeing the problem.

Perhaps you should WORK WITH OTHERS?

As a fighter you have a high emu.  Try muling for potion makers and alchemists in trade for finished goods.  Or get hard to get items (Emeralds, Rubies) for them.  Again, trade of services.  There are ways there if you are willing to work with others and not just sit in a dungeon fighting all day.

174732[/snapback]

Fighters do make very good mules for the other types of players. Just think of how EFE production might be increased if the fighters wanting the plate would help in trying to make it even if only my hauling stuff and maybe a little harvesting.

Fighters do make very good mules for the other types of players. Just think of how EFE production might be increased if the fighters wanting the plate would help in trying to make it even if only my hauling stuff and maybe a little harvesting.

174734[/snapback]

That kind of negates the fact that some fighters keep their p/c low intentionally for more exp. Muling is eh.. alright for them to do, but probably not as good as fighters with high p/c. Some of those higher p/c ones could contribute better. :)

Edited by Daxon

Guest Enyo

im sure if we checked the storages to compare monies we would see that non fighters have more gold by far than fighters.. not that it matters to me .. because im not really into the economy part of the game other than just having enough to buy srs, he and possible armor if i need it.. that's the role i play and i like it..

well, the economy is a balancing act....some changes (however small) can have a large impact on the game.

I am all for trying new or different things to try and balance it.

the only way to make money in this game is making essence and sell them.

the only way i find to win time and don't make essence for sell is make all i need by myself.

and now since many last update, i can't win money by make all my stuff exept if i stop fight.

alchemist and potionner win money.

fighter, manufacturer, crafter lose money.

the only way i find to win time and don't make essence for sell is make all i need by myself.

and now since many last update, i can't win money by make all my stuff exept if i stop fight.

174744[/snapback]

I beg to differ. I profit from ogres, but they haven't snapped any of my expensive armor pieces either.. (they do eat boots up all the time though)

Guest Enyo

174744[/snapback]

everyone can just make their own health ess and potions, etc and then not even worry about trading and selling at all and then gold can become obsolete or not needed. i am able to make most everything, also.. i just prefer to buy and it helps the economy, also.. but i think it's cool when a player such as yourself can do everything if s/he wants.

Guest Enyo
I beg to differ.  I profit from ogres, but they haven't snapped any of my expensive armor pieces either.. (they do eat boots up all the time though)

174746[/snapback]

no one profits from ogres anymore and i should know because i spend a good deal of time training on them. we can profit from ogres only if we make everything ourselves. i'm not even looking for a profit.. i just want to break even so i can continue to replace the items that are used/broken in order to train even more.

Edited by Enyo

I cleaned up this thread. You three take it to pm if you need to continue. Any more personal sniping and I will lock this thread and suspend you for a week! Geesh!

everyone can just make their own health ess and potions, etc and then not even worry about trading and selling at all and then gold can become obsolete or not needed.  i am able to make most everything, also.. i just prefer to buy and it helps the economy, also.. but i think it's cool when a player such as yourself can do everything if s/he wants.

174748[/snapback]

i'm not happy do that, i do that cause if you count money spend for repair equipement, what i need to fight, if i buy i haven't enought money to be able fight, i mean train not pk where you can lose items which is worste.

i can't find interest making he for make money to buy something elses, i spend 80k for level my manu, near same for craft in older days now it's impossible and it's not a choice, look at who have a lot money, oldes players and alchemist only.

i'm really happy don't sart play now.

no one profits from ogres anymore and i should know because i spend a good deal of time training on them.  we can profit from ogres only if we make everything ourselves.  i'm not even looking for a profit.. i just want to break even so i can continue to replace the items that are used/broken in order to train even more.

174750[/snapback]

I profit from them. You may not but I do, and I bought all my armor from a friend to help her get some cash in her pocket. It's all about how you train that decides whether you'll be burning cash for more exp. or saving cash for slower exp.

Guest Enyo
I cleaned up this thread.  You three take it to pm if you need to continue.  Any more personal sniping and I will lock this thread and suspend you for a week!  Geesh!

174751[/snapback]

thanksssssssss :)

Ok..some things were deleted..which acutally had relevance to this thread...

The problem:

Too many drops - capes/swords/stones/books

caused the economy to collapse by a flood of above items.

This was evident on the old server, and ruined the game.

so, for those who are complaining about drops - plz remember about the balance of the game..not of your virual game wallet.

The times when 1 beaver fur cost 1k are long gone iirc we all knew it was all over before that happened in any case. at least for all our items and storages. Sure why not spend up massivly at the end of time? heck by that stage i had myself a Masters Cloak (Dreams of a day long gone) lol. You were talking a thousand players who had been training for a long time, With much surplus cash, Making the most of the last week before a skills change over =), That situation is entirely irelivent now.

I do think the cash drop needs some tweaking, From its current state to a little bit higher, How about increasing it in amounts, Over say a month at the new set rate, And see were this takes things? That way you can see how it effects, Without overloading Other things.

Guest Enyo
Ok..some things were deleted..which acutally had relevance to this thread...

The problem:

Too many drops - capes/swords/stones/books

caused the economy to collapse by a flood of above items.

This was evident on the old server, and ruined the game.

so, for those who are complaining about drops - plz remember about the balance of the game..not of your virual game wallet.

174758[/snapback]

actually, no one here is thinking about their virtual wallet.. maybe there were too many drops before but now there are too few drops and there is certainly not a balance and all i see is bickering and jealousies amongst the roles on the game.

actually, no one here is thinking about their virtual wallet.. maybe there were too many drops before but now there are too few drops and there is certainly not a balance and all i see is bickering and jealousies amongst the roles on the game.

174763[/snapback]

well...what are you complaining about ? you want more drops..so that you can earn some coin, so you ARE thinking about your virtual wallet.

As for jealousies amongst the roles of the game.....i have no idea where you get this from.... there are quite a few ppl who do more than just one thing, if in doubt check my stats (and many other players)

what we dont want to see..is what happened on the old server

And zep, it was not like you said. i had only been playing 6 or 7 months, but i was making 1/2 million coins a day by making pants. This is why we say too much coin coming into the economy ruins it !

but to comment on your last part...yes its a good idea...try it out and see what happens.

Edited by crannog

I dont fight too much lately, but in few hours, the last three days, I dropped

3 capes, 7 steel chain, weapons for Trik, books, serp stones, etc. and about

12k gc.

So, where's the problem for people who fight all the hours and get a lot of

easy xp points?

At the moment the monster drop is good.

Blodoks

I am not yet on the 'big' monsters yet,

however i am on the male orcs. They have been dropping quite a bit for me. Just the other day after training for about an two hours i had two entire rows filled up with war hammers, to iron helms, and a few enriched wooden shields, a few books,WSC rings, and maybe a wooden staff or two.

In my opinion these monsters are dropping enough for me, even though i still have trouble keeping 20k in my pocket :)

well, just my 411,

-kat

Swordz0rs... :angry: for example.

Cyclops drop too many tit longs...

EFE needed to make and it cost 700-1k gc.

Do something with it -more rare- or remove EFE from ingredients.

:P

:)

Edited by NitageR