Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sir_Exeus

Keep on death slots......

Basicly is this.....In ur inv were you equipe items in the slots there is 1-2 slots in BOLD borders..On death anyitem here wont get lost...THis might encourage people to go pk or what eva cuz they could bring CoL or somthing in those boxes and use other stoof in others and yet still have fun pking.....Just an idea that I though might be cool. Hope it dont sound to panzy ot what eva!

Sir_

sure as long as none of them are the equip slots and you have to move items out of the slots to use them :blush:

Basicly is this.....In ur inv were you equipe items in the slots there is 1-2 slots in BOLD borders..On death anyitem here wont get lost...THis might encourage people to go pk or what eva cuz they could bring CoL or somthing in those boxes and use other stoof in others and yet still have fun pking.....Just an idea that I though might be cool. Hope it dont sound to panzy ot what eva!

Sir_

good idea. maybe make some(yeah again another one) special stones available from shop only.

put the stone in the slot to "bless" this slot, when put a item in this slot and it wont disappear if you die.

of course the blessing is gone if you switch the item or something and limit to 1 slot only.

maybe another stone (more expensive of course) to prevent a item from breaking or at least lower breakrate,

this way you can protect a weapon for example but as soon as you switch weapons the effect is gone.

lots of ideas - and i guess they'll be never implemented :>

Why none of them be equip slots? it's pretty much pointless if they're not equip slots.

Because them being equipe slots goes against why Entropy made things break and the usage of rostos.

They should probaly be equip slots.....Why would som1 keep a spendy item in there inv and not equipe it :P

Well, its a interesting idea. Who knows if this would revive PK? for one, I think everyone would put a CoL and a great sword in those slots, the other slots would probably have leathers (to avoid the use of rostos). But even with augs + col + cutty you can kill quite above your levels, so alot less rostos lost.. it almost takes out the need for rostos.

So my opinion? No, wouldnt work with the system we have.

And about the "no break slot" where you get a stone to bless it. People would just bless a slot and put a bronze sword in there, totally ruins the point.

~KgN

Edited by kaGen

They should probaly be equip slots.....Why would som1 keep a spendy item in there inv and not equipe it :P

Yes, why would someone loot arti cape and train happily without rosto on pk map 10 hours more?

Example:

Bone of Death & Jagged Sabre of Cooling - You'll use the Jsoc, give your enemy CD, then unequip, and use Bod, thus puting the Jsoc in the save place.. It's also known that people carry round lots more than one weapon, I usually have 1-5, depeing on where the PK action is.

@LabRat/Vanyel/Learner

Well, all we're trying to do is make PK more fun and interesting.

No one is going in PK with (exactly as Kagen said) CoL and a Great Sword without a rosto.

Yet, no one is going in PK with a Ti long and iron helm equipped, well, not anyone with a PK score to maintain.

If we did this, people would get drops in PK again, even if it is just some HEs/pots/capes, would really be a lot more fun.

Plus yeah, people would wear leathers, it would further increase the power of a/d levels rather than equipment.

But even with augs + col + cutty you can kill quite above your levels, so alot less rostos lost.. it almost takes out the need for rostos.

So my opinion? No, wouldnt work with the system we have.

"it almost takes out the need for rostos."

I strongly disagree. Full plate armor and an array of weapons to select from makes a dramatic difference in PK.

"But even with augs + col + cutty you can kill quite above your levels"

How so? Everyone will have the same advantage.

If someone is stronger than you and has the exact same advantages as you, then they will still be stronger.

EDIT:

Example:

Bone of Death & Jagged Sabre of Cooling - You'll use the Jsoc, give your enemy CD, then unequip, and use Bod, thus puting the Jsoc in the save place.. It's also known that people carry round lots more than one weapon, I usually have 1-5, depeing on where the PK action is.

Heh...If we're talk about there being 2 slots, then this a great example of why it should be 2 equip slots, not inv slots.

That way you cant protect 2 of the same type of item. Presuming it would be weapons, you would have to devise what is the single best all-round weapon, and that'll be your only option for your trip into PK.

If i had been working under a 1 weapon policy up until now, my PK score would be less than half what it is.

The regular, serious PK'ers will still use rostos. I will.

But with a couple of equip slots being no drop those not so serious and not so rich could still go in PK and have a bit of fun, without the risk of losing a 17k rosto, and without being slaughtered in seconds by someone 20 a/d levels under them if they're only going in with helm/leathers/ti long.

Edited by Korrode

"it almost takes out the need for rostos."

I strongly disagree. Full plate armor and an array of weapons to select from makes a dramatic difference in PK.

What I meant was for harvestors/trainers. Unless you train in full Ti/steel (which I know a lot of people do, all the power to yah') you wont need rost. steel chain, augs, moon med and whatever, then put NMT cloak and CoL in safe slot.

(I know me for one have lost 3 rostos from training ogres back in the day to protect my NMT cloak. I didnt even wear CoL while training back then)

Then harvesters, exc cloak and CoL in safe spot, yay, safe from invasions and MN :P

This will lower cost of rostos and probably that means more PK, but I dont think thats what radu exactly wants; More rostos.

~KgN

The suggestion linked to by Blodoks is a very good idea also.

@Kagen

Valid points.

I'm still for the idea, but your points do mean Radu probably wont be.

EDIT: Oh no, wait; easy fix: the 2 equip slots are only no-drop if you die in a PK map :P

Edited by Korrode

Yeah all this is an idea to make pk more fun and help more people pk....IMO people dont pk cuz to much risk involved. This will make it less risk. Also I mentioned 1 slot not 2. And if ya wana make it tricky items in that slot can't be removed during combat.....

people dont go pk cuz they dont have as much balls as the old players, easy as that.

no suggestion will help making PK alive, all failed till now, all will fail in future, till people get balls again.

people dont go pk cuz they dont have as much balls as the old players, easy as that.

no suggestion will help making PK alive, all failed till now, all will fail in future, till people get balls again.

rofl :devlish: this might help em get balls no? XD

Yeah all this is an idea to make pk more fun and help more people pk....IMO people dont pk cuz to much risk involved. This will make it less risk. Also I mentioned 1 slot not 2. And if ya wana make it tricky items in that slot can't be removed during combat.....

Imo, it sounds rather as a way to avoid buying a rostogol stone.

Turn it into u only get the slot if you buy a perk called "Deathbag Vault" and it costs like 200kgc

Edited by Gildrig!

Turn it into u only get the slot if you buy a perk called "Deathbag Vault" and it costs like 200kgc

Yeah indeed it is prolly more fair idea than the others, if u wanna save ur items, u have to lose some pp's. Why not?

If not, then -as temp said- go get some balls, PK is for people who has FUN!, not for people who keep complaining about everything.

Yeah i remember old times, PK was really active but even now, noone can say "PK is dead", I can login EL only weekends, even i can find always someone to do some PK. Fair enough.

-Kad