Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Muling is against the rules

Recently we noticed a few assholes breaking the rules they agreed when they started playing the game. One of them is no muling/multiplaying.

Some of them were going to the mercury in KF, then transfering it to their main chars, in a safe area. This is not only against the rules, but it greately pisses me off.

From now on, anyone caught doing that will have their main characters items cleared, no exception! Sending your little brother/son/cousin/etc. to get the mercury for you will also get your characters item cleared.

Ok?

P.S. This applies to other kinds of muling as well.

I get Merc myself, already sold and gatherd over 1500 of it ;)

Just a question, if I have antisocial and so does a friend. And say, I would need Feasting Potions from Mira, is it also wrong if he uses an alt to help me out getting the Feasting Potions?

Always had a doubt over this kind of case, since you're using an alt for something your main can't do, but its not in your own profit.

-Blee

Recently we noticed a few assholes breaking the rules they agreed when they started playing the game. One of them is no muling/multiplaying.

Some of them were going to the mercury in KF, then transfering it to their main chars, in a safe area. This is not only against the rules, but it greately pisses me off.

From now on, anyone caught doing that will have their main characters items cleared, no exception! Sending your little brother/son/cousin/etc. to get the mercury for you will also get your characters item cleared.

Ok?

So this applies to muling for GC? i mule for ppl who are anti social exp: i buy 100 fp's and they pay me what i spent plus 200gc for doing it for them.

If you are using an alt to get around the perk, then yes, this is illegal. Antisocial is a negative perk for a reason. You cannot benefit from the perk, by using alts to do what you are unable to do with your own character.

why dose it help using another char to get murcuary when it has the same chance of dieing as u?

it might be tedious and waste of time in some peoples opinions but think it might be best if there were umm examples of diff types of muling that is against the rules... since even though the rule was update, theres still alot of grey areas and what nots :>

Muling is when you control both characters (or both characters belong to you).

Helping a friend is OK, but creating new characters to go get the mercury, and stuff like that is illegal.

If you are using an alt to get around the perk, then yes, this is illegal. Antisocial is a negative perk for a reason. You cannot benefit from the perk, by using alts to do what you are unable to do with your own character.

Yes, but I mean, if I use the alt for not my own profit but for someone elses. I know its not allowed for your own profit and help, but what if you help others with it?

-Blee

P.S. I'll just put up the actual case, me and Cyprom need FPs sometimes, but both got antisocial, he uses his alt to get me FPs and the other way around, if its not ok we'll stop it immediatly tho.

Edited by BleedingSoul

technically that is ok afaik blee, cause your not benefiting by using your alt in that way. but again as i suggested there should be examples of different ways of illegal multi/muling things would save time in the long run

technically that is ok afaik blee, cause your not benefiting by using your alt in that way. but again as i suggested there should be examples of different ways of illegal multi/muling things would save time in the long run

I'd rather not give examples, because then people would just work around them, and say: "See, I didn't do that".

I think everyone knows what muling and multiplaying is, and is also described on the rules page.

If your friend is helping you get around a perk by using an alt, then that is ok. However, if then you give his main character the stuff that his alt traded, that is illegal, as you become a middleman for an illegal trade.

That's not the case

EDIT: underlined

Edited by Cyprom

Ok?

That sounds anti-family project considering you said sending your relative and not sending your relatives characters. Considering unclear definitions and all, I am afraid I might get in trouble when me and my wife actually sit down, play EL and help eachother like a happy :wub: EL playing couple should. Sometimes, my nephews (the little :D monsters) play too.

Sometimes, you scare me, Entropy. :cry:

I do understand that people are abusing the game and I wish you luck with it.

I do my best to stay within the rules technically and morally.

You still scare me at times though.

Just a question, if I have antisocial and so does a friend. And say, I would need Feasting Potions from Mira, is it also wrong if he uses an alt to help me out getting the Feasting Potions?

Always had a doubt over this kind of case, since you're using an alt for something your main can't do, but its not in your own profit.

-Blee

yes that is also illegal.

-Blee

yes that is also illegal.

Helping a friend is OK, but creating new characters to go get the mercury, and stuff like that is illegal.

Contradicting posts. Hypothetical situation, since i don't have antisocial:

One of my friends wants to buy feasting potions but cannot because he has anti perk. I create an alt char, walk to Mira, buy the pots for him (without ever interacting with my main char)

This is illegal or not?

You have a main character that is antisocial.

You want to achieve a certain goal (in this case helping a friend).

You could buy what you need from players or bots, most likely for a higher price, but you instead create an alt w/o antisocial to achieve that same goal, thus circumventing the downside of the antisocial perk.

=> cheating according to rule #5!

That sounds anti-family project considering you said sending your relative and not sending your relatives characters. Considering unclear definitions and all, I am afraid I might get in trouble when me and my wife actually sit down, play EL and help eachother like a happy :P EL playing couple should. Sometimes, my nephews (the little :P monsters) play too.

Yes, possible. But I am tired of people abusing the game then claiming it wasn't their char, but it belongs to their familly member or friend or cactus or ficus.

Sometimes, you scare me, Entropy. :P

I do understand that people are abusing the game and I wish you luck with it.

I do my best to stay within the rules technically and morally.

You still scare me at times though.

Yeah, well, life sucks. You'll have to play EL without having family projects from the same IP, or prove they are separate characters.

Contradicting posts. Hypothetical situation, since i don't have antisocial:

One of my friends wants to buy feasting potions but cannot because he has anti perk. I create an alt char, walk to Mira, buy the pots for him (without ever interacting with my main char)

This is illegal or not?

I assumed you meant helping a friend who has antisocial, while you don't. If both of you have that perk, then using a mule to help your friend is still muling.

but wait, We are allowed to have/use multiple chars as long as they dont interact in any way. So for example I have 2 chars one with anti and one without(call it my alt, doesnt matter when it was created). They never interact. And then my anti friend ask me to help him with buying something from NPC. I help him using my non-anti char. It may look as breaking rules at the begging but my two chars never interact so they are like two diff players. At last that's how I get it.

but wait, We are allowed to have/use multiple chars as long as they dont interact in any way. So for example I have 2 chars one with anti and one without(call it my alt, doesnt matter when it was created). They never interact. And then my anti friend ask me to help him with buying something from NPC. I help him using my non-anti char. It may look as breaking rules at the begging but my two chars never interact so they are like two diff players. At last that's how I get it.

This is NOT a exercise/test in logic. If Entropy took the time to say it's against the rules, then follow his rules! And considering how mad he was to make this post, now is not a good time to get on his dark side.

If you use all those characters equally, or close to equally, then it's ok. But if your non anti social char comes online for 5 minutes to help your friend, it is of course not OK.

So you might not want to do that, just to be safe, because we determine if it was muling or not.

Lol, it's a bit confusing, Entropy and Sheesh (Sheesh PMed me ingame herself telling me Ent said to PM us instead of post here) told me and cyprom, we are allowed to use our alts to help eachother but not use eachothers main as middle-men to get stuff to our own main.

Whereas Soldus & Learner are saying that this is an illegal action.

I don't know, but I get the feeling that even along moderators/admins some people are not having the same idea of this?

<There was supposed to be a smart sounding ending to this post but I can't think of one O.o?>

-Blee

If you need rules clarifications, you post here, not ask the mods. Since those rules are a little ambigous, some mods interpret them slightly different. But when I say something, it is law :P