Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Derin

#storage

The #storage command

Would it be possible to make the list you get from your storage to be grouped (similar items next to each other)?

Or could it at least be put in alphabetical order?

Dunno, how/if this can be done, but I am curious if there is a possibility of doing this.

/Derin

As far as I know, there's already a patch in the CVS build that allows your items to be listed alphabetically. About the similar items grouping - I have no idea.

-Lyn-

I have been wanting it to be grouped by similar items as well, that would be a lot easier to organize your storage and see what you have. Perhaps make a command to give a choice between an alphabetical list and a list grouped by similar items.

As in, "#storage armor" would give you everything with "armor" in it's name? (Which is in the cvs)...the other option, grouping by type, needs server support

well to get a new gui it would have to be coded and then the server would need to be able to talk to said gui (right now the npc chat stuff is all server side, all the client does it display it and send back what gets clicked). the gui would be a snap to code (we have several people that could do it). but the server side stuff waits for one man, entropy. as long as entropy is the only one that can directly work on the server code (i think cicero have the posibility to send of stuff to entropy for evaluation but its only a guess) we have to wait on him for it to happen. and as long as the server dont support it, the gui will just be dead code and a waste of time to code.

this is the same that holds back a rewite of the item quickbar and some other stuff. so unless people feel like donateing to ent so that he dont have to work on anything else then the server for a living or the game goes pay to play, we will have to wait. and from what i get a feeling of, thats something the community is anything but good at...

would it be possible to do #storage by category aswell as by name, say for instance:

#storage book

The above would return anything with book in its name which misses some books (i.e. Titanium Long Construction)

#storage $books

The above or something similar could return all the items in the books category of storage, or:

#storage $weapons

To get a list of all your weapons

No clue of the mechanics involved, but would it be difficult to open the normal storage window on command anywhere you are in the game? Only when you are in range of a storage NPC you may deposit and withdraw items. All other times you could still scroll, count, and eyeball the contents. Maybe?

... but would it be difficult to open the normal storage window on command anywhere you are in the game?

That would sure be a lot easier to look through than a 100+ line, plain-text, un-sorted list in the console window. :blink:

:icon13: from me.

... but would it be difficult to open the normal storage window on command anywhere you are in the game?

That would sure be a lot easier to look through than a 100+ line, plain-text, un-sorted list in the console window. :blink:

:icon13: from me.

Grep is your friend. Especially combined with Tail. ;-)

As for having the storage window allowed to be opened... that's an Ent question I think.

Truthfully, #storage should go away to make players really think about what they have insteade of using such an artificial aid.

...that would just annoy everyone and benefit no-one. Who is going to remember what items and what quantity of items they have with 200 storage spaces? #storage command helps people trade quickly, and has no down side that i can see.

...that would just annoy everyone and benefit no-one. Who is going to remember what items and what quantity of items they have with 200 storage spaces? #storage command helps people trade quickly, and has no down side that i can see.

Acutally, I know a couple of people who have a spreadsheet with exactly everything in their inv and storage (and update it every time they go to storage)

I used to do that when we had only . . . what was it? 50 slots I think and it was really annoying to keep my storage list up-to-date in my spreadspeet when I got close to all slots used - especially since I had to go to a storage location to check my storage. As a manufacturer/crafter I like to be able to track my stock of items available as well as the amount of ingredients I have on-hand. This is a lot of different items. The #storage command saves me a lot of non-play time and lets me get more enjoyment out of playing Eternal Lands.

Speaking of the storage slots, the max now is 200. Will this be increased as the new items are in?

There are loads of new flowers, ores, minerals, and other items.

Please say yes!!

Speaking of the storage slots, the max now is 200. Will this be increased as the new items are in?

There are loads of new flowers, ores, minerals, and other items.

Please say yes!!

No, you will have to start thinking a little bit sometimes about what to store instead of storing anything and everything!

Hm. I disagree learner. But your point about thinking what to do with the space is smart.. So why not have a fee for storaging stuff after a certain limit? Or only p2p char's get the extra space.

Keep it as it is. I think there are more interesting things to do right now (like giving some use to Charm & Perception) than tinkering with a feature that has already been improved several times since the beginning of EL...

I hate typing, ask anyone that used the TC client. I had shortcuts for many of the common commands, but one I didn't need to shorten was #storage - why? because you can type #sto item. I would (and do) often type

"#sto r o" to show my silver ore, and "#sto h e" to show my health essence, "#sto chr" for chrysanthemums, "#sto d of" to show my glowy swords and '#sto book' to show most of my books.

So you can see, there are easy ways to find the items you want while saving RSI, now we just need someone to write a patch to make #guild_info into into #gi, #set_guild_color into #sgc and #change_rank into #cr

We all know about typing # and then using the up cursor to scroll through a list of previous # commands, don't we?

We all know about typing # and then using the up cursor to scroll through a list of previous # commands, don't we?
and #vi ctrl+space to get #view_guild_colours ... yay for command (and nick, though I haven't needed it for that) completion!

Think about it one more time. I am running low on storage slots. I will not throw away my potions. I already cleaned the flowers and books. And i have not even started devleoping my crafitng skill yet. Its not fun to run out.. I will not vote for the best game.

20 slots would do it. And hey.. what if there more rings and tools and minerals and metal bars to come ?

Edited by SolarStar