Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tico

PK daily quest

Hello guys,

Another crazy daily sugesttion i hope you enjoy and implement.

1 - NPC daily says:

I heard rumors that someone is trying to invade map X (regular map non PK) trought map Y (pk map). Our defences are not positioned to keep X safe, can you please check any weird movements in Y?

2 - Objectives:

- Player need to check some spots in the pk map (fixed coords)

- Player need to stay in that pk map by at least 15 minutes (or some other amount of time) ---> may be hard to implement can be made by adding more checkpoints in the map in further places and distinct directions.

3) - After player reach all dots and minimum period in pk map he got completing message:

"You have invastigated the enemyes movements, go tell your discoveries to NPC"

3a) If player kill someone during quest period he get extra bonuses. (might also be hard to implement)

3b)Alternative version - if at least 10 players that get this dayli do not kill anyone an auto GIWS for referred X map is take in action. (this might be extrimely prohibitive to implement)

PROS -

1)More PK FUN,

2)more bricks to allmighty radu if quest also implemented in dropeable pk maps.

3)Another dayli to entertain us :)

CON -

1) Some hard work implementaion?

2) The extra bonuses by killing someone might be easy to cheat asking someone to go naked and just be killed.

3) i dont see any at moment please fulfill with your toughts

The coords would get memorized amd people would just camp them when they felt like killing people. Most would probably go naked and not risk rosto.

Indeed, i dont see a real problem with that since its a pk map and its meant to playears kill each other. But if its a real problem to be adressed, the time on the map should solve (if can be implemented)

i think people would probably just have a buddy come and kill them if you get more xp for being killed.

Yes i agree, already stated on CONs, altough, it makes sense under a role play perspective, not mandatory in my whole idea tough.

Edited by Tico

Doesn't say exp reward anywhere.

PK oriented events would bring more life to it but they're hard to do fairly and properly, let alone automate them. (which kinda sucks, would be awesome)

Doesn't say exp reward anywhere.

PK oriented events would bring more life to it but they're hard to do fairly and properly, let alone automate them. (which kinda sucks, would be awesome)

True. My fault. I've read Nova's post. She's mentioned xp.

Either way, 'bonuses for kills' mean either cheating OR bonuses for the strongest. No difference.

More Haidir or Xaqulina on “PK maps” dailies will do. You will have a lot of opportunities to kill naked victims that just want to get daily done. What a thrill! :hehe:

PS. Sorry if I (and I probably did) misspelled NPCs names. :omg:

More Haidir or Xaqulina on “PK maps” dailies will do. You will have a lot of opportunities to kill naked victims that just want to get daily done. What a thrill! :hehe:

Agreed! I dont think adding a pk map only daily quest will change the pk system at all. It sounds like a cheap way to cheat the system for more xp w/o having to do a whole lot of work for it.

Add more loc to the already existing dailies to include more pk maps and u have the opportunity to kill more ppl in pk maps.

Agreed! I dont think adding a pk map only daily quest will change the pk system at all. It sounds like a cheap way to cheat the system for more xp w/o having to do a whole lot of work for it.

Add more loc to the already existing dailies to include more pk maps and u have the opportunity to kill more ppl in pk maps.

Since most PK dailies are done w/o any gear, what's the point? Killing unarmed opponent with your best gear? What a thrill there is :) Like fighting a toddler with a B52 on your side :)

Since most PK dailies are done w/o any gear, what's the point? Killing unarmed opponent with your best gear? What a thrill there is :) Like fighting a toddler with a B52 on your side :)

That is what PK is all about!