Eternal Lands Official Forums
Orin

Instance mode

Hi,

I finished implementing my vision of "instance mode", suggested here:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=56252

Code is ready to include to the client. You can view your mana bar next to the health bar, you can also customize the way banners looks in instance mode (your banner, creatures banners and other players banners). Little "extra" addition is that you can also view your mana bar/numbers in non-instance mode.

Some screenshots below (click on image to see "big" version):

Fighting with instance mode on:

6411992835_6417613fb3.jpg

Banner popup menu with new options:

6530652475_ddd45b43ee.jpg

Configuration tab:

6531086381_f3e3ac3f10.jpg

Answer pls, if you want it to be included to the client in this form or not.

[EDIT]

If anyone want to test it:

https://github.com/kbialowas/Eternal-Lands/tree/instance_mode

Edited by Orin

I would love to see this included in the client. Very nice work Orin!

Edited by DonC

Nice work! Can you put the options under the HUD tab though instead of in it's own? Trying to keep the config window as clean as possible :)

This looks great.

Would it make sense to have the same granularity of settings for yourself as for creatures and other-players. I personally would probably like to get ride of my background.

Moved options to HUD tab, as Roja suggested.

@bkc56:

Your banner in instance mode uses non-instance banner settings so if you turn the background off in non-instance mode, your banner won't have background. Didn't wanted to spam el-config with another set of options - that's why I done it like this.

I think it would also be useful to have the option of having any life bars show (for x seconds) when they go down. That way, when working as a team, you know when your team is getting hurt.

If you never see your team's life bars and they die on you, they may get annoyed with you.

I can add something like:

display name+health numbers IF we don't already display other players healthbars or numbers and player got some damage

as a configurable option - it can appear along with a bouncing number above players head and disapear when this number dissapears (it'll be visible for ~2 seconds). It won't (but can be done the way it will) show when player got healed.

[Edit]

Added ;)

Edited by Orin

Is there any way this can be bound to a hotkey. like ALT+I? I have been enjoying this feature and actually use it for more than just instances. I like to turn it on while training or fighting in general. I like to turn it on in crowded storages while I mix. (very useful if your eating toads and need to watch your health).

I am sure there are other great uses for it that I have not figured out, but it would be nice to have it as a hotkey.

Is there any way this can be bound to a hotkey. like ALT+I? I have been enjoying this feature and actually use it for more than just instances. I like to turn it on while training or fighting in general. I like to turn it on in crowded storages while I mix. (very useful if your eating toads and need to watch your health).

I am sure there are other great uses for it that I have not figured out, but it would be nice to have it as a hotkey.

A hotkey would be nice indeed, but I already love it. Will it be in the new client?.

I've tested the feature with the new test client and it's really nice, well done. :)

Though, I find that the colors used for the display of the mana points are not really adapted.

When the mana is full, the color is plain blue which is quite a dark color so it's very difficult to read.

It would be better to have a lighter color by adding for example half of green when the mana is full and half of red when it's empty.

So in RGB, it would be the following color when mana is full: (0, 128, 255)

And the following RGB color when it's empty: (128, 0, 255)

It's just a small suggestion but I think it would greatly improve the visibility of the mana points. ;)

I'll try to do something with those colors on weekend - I'm completely out of time atm.

BTW. I got also one more feature implemented in my github tree - window with health/mana bars, "engaged in combat" info and first few items/spells from quickbars. Maybe this could also be included to official client - imho it'd be way more usefull in real combat than current instance mode, however it also could be considered by some ppl as "too helpfull" feature ;).