Sign in to follow this  
WarAxe

Poll for PKI back in game

Do You Want PKI back ingame?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like PKI back in game?

• YES
    • NO

Sorry Im a comp illiterate bastage :) Heres the Poll ....It means alot so answer if you REALLy want/dont want PKI back in game plz!

I voted yes. Not that it effects me, but I figure it's something a lot of people wont care about anyway. Let those people pvp just to pvp, that can be fun too. The people who do care, well, it's a little something extra to work towards. Like another skill for advanced players. I'm sure the bragging rights involved would be pretty decent :)

If theres no pki then we should go back to dropping in KF ?

Only if rosto reduced to US$1 in shop and in-game find rate quadrupled.

Otherwise changing KF back is just a PK killah.

Thats exactly my point!!!!!! We only have one thing to pk for now adays and thats for pki and pk stats in KF if theres neither of that pk is dead in EL :)

Unless there is a way to prevent the degree and severity of the abuse that has ruined the PKI system to begin with, I vote for the system to be removed entirely, points no longer calculated, and scores reset (or the #pki command disabled).

PK was (arguably) better than ever when the way to keep track of who you killed was your own kill counters. While the PKI system was put into place, at least in part, to revive PK'ing, how much pride is earned by earning nearly no points killing a very strong fighter who sold/gave away all of his PKI points, or earning a lot of it from a weaker fighter just above the minimum with a massively artificially inflated score? In either case, thanks to the degree and severity of the abuse of the system, the PKI score is meaningless.

I voted yes but only if PKi is reset once a month. It'll be a shame to place PKi into the category of features that were introduced but discarded.

Unless there is a way to prevent the degree and severity of the abuse that has ruined the PKI system to begin with, I vote for the system to be removed entirely, points no longer calculated, and scores reset (or the #pki command disabled).

PK was (arguably) better than ever when the way to keep track of who you killed was your own kill counters. While the PKI system was put into place, at least in part, to revive PK'ing, how much pride is earned by earning nearly no points killing a very strong fighter who sold/gave away all of his PKI points, or earning a lot of it from a weaker fighter just above the minimum with a massively artificially inflated score? In either case, thanks to the degree and severity of the abuse of the system, the PKI score is meaningless.

Do you pk asgnny :)

Do you pk asgnny :)

Not often, as I've grown to hate the system.

PK score: 16.163956

Number of fights: 187

Fights won: 185

Fights Lost 2

Edited by asgnny

#Edit - Actually, come to think of it.. Maybe there could be something..

Set it to delete once a month, the highest for that month gets some form of prize, a rostogol, or something.. Giving people reason to go to PK, and get the best score.

Edited by Liquid

No .........

dont see the point of it , just encourages peeps 30-40 a/d above you to kill you , even though there is NO challenge for them , NO contest. They just wanted your PKI which to be frank, was a shit reason :)

Adding a shop where you can buy stuff with pki was discussed many times before, but the proposal was refused, main reason being that 'it can be abused'.

Getting a char to 70s a/d isnt hard, I aggree with that-Solution: Increase requirments, make it 100 a/d or something

Also, the fact that you can sell it-I dont think that if the shop had high prices(above 5 pki for an item) people would go buying PKI. Also, monitorizing the kill/death history(if its possible) would be a viable solution because you can see if a player dies on purpose to another person.

Also the items from the 'pki shop' could have a high breakrate, so the game doesnt get flooded with them.

Just my thoughts

~SouLove

Thats exactly my point!!!!!! We only have one thing to pk for now adays and thats for pki and pk stats in KF if theres neither of that pk is dead in EL :D
So you're saying that playing the game (or specifically PKing) for fun is not a reason? If the only reason you play EL is pki (and not for fun) then perhaps it's time to find a new game to play?

Footnote: "pk is dead" isn't a phrase Entropy likes much. :)

Edited by bkc56

Thats exactly my point!!!!!! We only have one thing to pk for now adays and thats for pki and pk stats in KF if theres neither of that pk is dead in EL :D
So you're saying that playing the game (or specifically PKing) for fun is not a reason? If the only reason you play EL is pki (and not for fun) then perhaps it's time to find a new game to play?

Footnote: "pk is dead" isn't a phrase Entropy likes much. :)

I voted yes. There is no reason why PK should not have a measuring stick like every other endeavor in EL. If it's being abused, let's investigate ways to curb the abuse, not just abandon the system.

Wow pki is getting smoked -_____- must be alot that dont pk voting ffs!

Only 49 people have voted. Considering the numbers that most polls get, this is very low, which indicated that either 1. People don't care enough about pki to read the thread and bother to vote, or 2. They have read the thread, but aren't voting because they don't PK.

I'd trust the numbers on this one. Personally, I didn't vote because pki is completely irrelevent to the PK server. I just like to read. :)

Edit: quoted the wrong quote

2nd Edit: Then again, I though this poll was put up yesterday, so give it time.

Edited by sygon

well Bkc, some people, believe it or not, really DO enjoy PK, and couldn´t care less about any of the other things the game offers. Just like other people will never set foot in PK. You read the forums, so you've seen the people that said at least PKI gives them some kind of 'reward' in what they do. When you alch, you get bars or essences, when you tailor, you get pretty clothes... and when you PK.. you get points when you win, or lose them when you die.

I was totally happy at first when Radu announced he was planning to take it out of the game, but after talking to quite a few PKers, I also see that PKI, if not the way it is now, then in some other form, actually gives them some sort of reward, and it allows them to set goals. What's so wrong with that?

I honestly believe that PK generates a lot of business for people that do other skills, so even if people don't identify with PK and the things it brings along... perhaps think about your own gc level. A Pker with no goal will soon not see any purpose in training a/d levels either. He won't need our essences, potions and armors either.

With that in mind.. I voted yes to this poll

I got an idea. While it's quite hard to stop the abuse then at least lower it. You should only be able to get pki once every el day from a person (eg: I kill playerx and i get 1793.65767 pk score but if I kill him the second time then I won't get anymore points until the day is over so I have to find someone else to donate). Of course Fights Lost and Won still count.

Make rostogols 1$, make KF droppable, let people get pki only from the ones with rosto, winner of month gets 100kgcs

So everybody is happy :>

-Kaddy

Make rostogols 1$, make KF droppable, let people get pki only from the ones with rosto

This actually is an awesome way to stop the abuse. pr0 idea.

EDIT:

And one of the best things about setting KF back to normal and hugely lowering rosto cost is that NCa will get used again \o/

EDIT2:

It's extremely important that the rosto price is dropped to US$1 in the shop (no higher) and the in-game find rate at least quadrupled, if this isn't done it'll just kill PK.

But 5kgc per rosto is still enough to prevent abuse of the system.

Edited by Korrode