Eternal Lands Official Forums
handyman

Invisable rats

You can call me jellous or bad sport or what every you want

I just dont think summoning 60 or so invisable rats in one room is fair on the whole server

If i am correct each invisable rat drops either 10kgc/invasion token/perk removal stone

so 60 rats is worth 600kgc

Now because there has been 2 invis rats invasions the price of perk removal stones would have dropped and they are no longer a rare item and also 2 players have now gain alot of gc and invasion tokens

I like the idea of these rats but dont think they were ment to be used this way

A handful scattered around a big map is a challange and fair game for all

but 60 in one room is just like giving away free gc

some players work really hard on this server to make gc to buy books or better their char's

Invisable rats are good fun when you have to work for them maybe 5 scattered around the map at the end of an invasion for all to find (not all in the same room)

This way it can be fun looking for them, they wont all be in one place and even if 1 person found them all it wont effect the rest of the server

I'm sure this was the way they were meant to be used

Handyman

Ok both perk removals and invasion tokens are worthless now. But even the cash they drop is too much if you ask me...

Edit: (if they spawn in these quantities... and there are screen shots in the events section (pk server))

Edited by ProHibited

I don't see how it works out well for anyone? The only useful thing I got was the 80k GC, all those Removal Stones are useless, and the Invasion Tokens have no use on this server either.

Btw, when I got the rats, they were in the Magic School.. Not exactly a small room.

Either way, you start complaining.. If it was you who found them Handy, you wouldn't post this at all. Stop crying and play the game. When Segor found them no-one cared.. I do it, and your all going mad.

It's lame, and because of it Grumpy has been deleted, or banned, because I can't log on him.

Serious lack of respect on this server.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...mp;#entry474125

The last 2 invasions posted.

When Segor found the rats he then had an event of Hide and seek. If you found him you got a stone.. or other prize. That was Awesome of him and it was fun for the whole server.

I was amazed with it when it happen, I happened to be the first person to get to the house and the only one who noticed in the warning they were invisible, taking True Sight with me, gave 1 stone to a player that also found the house. where they were in.

Immediatly after I decided to give some stones away and a cloak in a Hide & Seek, the first person to find me wanted the cloak, for that I can noticed there isn't much interest in perk removals around here these days.

I am planning on having some more events when we have more people online and I can do it as the only perk stone I need for my character has been in my storage for more than 2 months probably.

Anyway, if by any chance items from insible rats invasion should be returned I will return the ones I still have in storage, no problem there for me.

Always interesting to see how people prefer to whine and moan rather than work constructively to improve something. Anyway...

There's nothing wrong with contests based on invisible rats, we just need to modify them some.

My initial idea was for the location to be announced before the rats are spawned. Let the people collect in some spot (perhaps a smallish map, or a large room somewhere). Then when the rats are spawned it becomes a free-for-all as the people chase them around.

A newb-friendly form could involved a non-PK inside location. The other form could be in a PK location where the free-for-all could include PKing other players to try and get their rat droppings.

Distributing items that are supposed to be rare drops doesn't help anyone... It just messes up game mechanics.

MrHide has (had? ...) the privilege to summon creatures, lets wait for him to reply. Just too bad for those who are hardly ever online when MrHide summons these creatures... I'm sure its not fun for the "whole server" this way.

Even when 5 rats or whatever were spawned in one building (when I happened to be online) I thought that it was a bad idea.. Guess it can always get worse.

If it was you who found them Handy, you wouldn't post this at all. Stop crying and play the game. When Segor found them no-one cared.. I do it, and your all going mad.

I think you will find i do play the game

and sorry your not that important this is not about you

A guildie also killed some rats

but i still stand by my original post

No matter who finds the rats

Invasion / removal perks will now be usless and i doubt Radu will trade them for gc anymore if so many are being spawnd

Anyway, since it is about invisible rats.

The way I see invisible rats in invasions is like:

"The blablah blah have retreated, now kill off their remaining spies that have infiltrated Isla Prima!" ... and thers 5 invis rats on ip .. scattered ofc.

If it was you who found them Handy, you wouldn't post this at all. Stop crying and play the game. When Segor found them no-one cared.. I do it, and your all going mad.

I think you will find i do play the game

and sorry your not that important this is not about you

A guildie also killed some rats

but i still stand by my original post

No matter who finds the rats

Invasion / removal perks will now be usless and i doubt Radu will trade them for gc anymore if so many are being spawnd

Oh please, lol.. It is about me, you only posted after I got/killed the rats, and because of this I've lost one of my accounts because of you.

Removal Stones were useless, I got 39 of them.. Invasion Tokens are useless, because Radu wont change the stats on monsters on this server.. So I got 80k.. Anyone could have got it who was on the Server, I just chose to go looking for them.

It's somewhat pathetic.

I'm just waiting for Radu now, to explain why he did what he did.

You should be careful he might not like this attitude.. Calm Down Take a deep breath... "GooseFrabba" exhale...

You should be careful he might not like this attitude.. Calm Down Take a deep breath... "GooseFrabba" exhale...

I'm not angry lol, I'd just like to know whats been going on. :)

I have to say, I really hope Woodeh doesn't lose Grumpy. Like him or hate him, this is really extreme.

All those stones and tokens should be removed. Certainly. But losing the character is pretty devastating. Grumpy is decently leveled and I know I would be devastated to lose a character because I was the one who found the rats. Hopefully this is just a temporary disappearance of the character while Radu sorts it out.

I have my fingers crossed for you, WoodeH.

Ok, like I told Piper, I am really, really pissed at the whole situation, and putting those 60 invisible rats in a closed room was the biggest abuse we ever had done in the game by someone who we trusted.

If Grumpy can prove me that he didn't work with The Piper to get those items, and if he gives me the gold back, I'll think about unbanning him.

What about the Segor situation too?

I can show you my chat logs, thats all.

Where there 60 invis rats involved in that situation too?

And yes, I want to see some logs, prefferably from multiple people.

Segor had 24, or so invis rats in a small room.

I'll give you my logs.. Was logged on 2 accounts so everything is double lol..:

[22:43:17] #Message from MrHide: 62 invisible rats are hiding in a building on C1. Good luck and have fun!

[22:44:05] [PM to MrHide: more hints :)]

[22:44:25] [PM from MrHide: go exploring :P]

[22:46:29] There are 62 invaded monsters left.

[22:46:57] Connecting to Server... <-- Me logging on Grumpy.

[22:46:57] This is Pay to Play server, and it cost 5 USD for an account here. If you already have an account, please log in normally. If you don't, visit the Shop page.

[22:47:03] Today is a special day:

Day of no grief

English: No weapons and armors break today (in combat).

Role Playing: Today our planet is passing throughout an area in our universe where the electromagnetic law is slightly different, and this is causing the armors, weapons and clothes to not break for the duration of this day, from normal combat.

[22:47:03] #GM from Donkeh: ### GRUMPY HAS LOGGED ON ###

[22:47:05] #Message from MrHide: Hint: It's a building, something made with stones, not a cave or something made of wood. Hope, that helps a little bit :P

[22:47:05] Today is the 16th day in the month of Viasia, the year 0003, Age of the Eternals

[22:47:05] Game Time: 03:46:59

[22:47:21] Donkeh: Hey Grumpy!

[22:48:25] #Message from God: Orange was eaten by a Grue (lagged out)!

[22:48:53] [The_Piper @ 1]: gnight, im off now :)

[22:49:01] Donkeh: Hey Grumpy!

[22:49:06] House of the Rivan Warriors

[22:49:09] Donkeh: Hey Grumpy!

[22:49:10] [queens @ 1]: good night Piper :)

[22:49:15] [Grumpy @ 1]: NPC in the building?

[22:49:28] You entered a secret place

[22:49:28] [Gambit @ 1]: gn piper

[22:49:49] Welcome to the General Store

[22:49:57] Welcome to Moonshadow Tavern

[22:50:24] poot: yes?

[22:50:31] Woodeh: :)

[22:50:41] Welcome to the General Store

[22:50:47] Welcome to Moonshadow Tavern

[22:51:39] Welcome to Tarsengaard

[22:51:41] Warning! You just entered a PKing map! This means other players can attack you!

[22:51:50] Welcome to Tarsengaard

[22:51:52] [jvg @ 1]: I'm also off, night all :)

[22:53:11] There are 62 invaded monsters left.

[22:53:27] Welcome to the Sapphire Rose Tavern & Inn.

[22:55:27] You entered the Mage School and magically everything seems to be way larger than outside.

[22:55:29] Warning! You just entered a PKing map! This means other players can attack you!

[22:55:39] You entered Magic Shop.

[22:55:39] You are too far away.

[22:55:41] You entered Entrance Hall.

[22:55:52] You entered Registry Room

[22:55:54] You entered Entrance Hall.

[22:56:22] You entered private area of the building.

[22:56:22] You are too far away.

[22:56:35] You entered Apprentice Chambers.

[22:56:38] You entered Apprentice Chambers.

[22:56:42] You entered Apprentice Chambers.

[22:56:46] You entered Apprentice Chambers.

[22:56:52] You entered Dining Room.

[22:57:00] You entered Kitchen.

[22:57:01] You are too far away.

[22:57:12] You entered Library.

[22:57:17] As You come closer to the doors, You are alerted by the sounds of fight! Combatants may be gone when You enter but better be cautious... (PK area ahead!).

[22:57:17] You entered Training Room (PK area).

[22:57:29] You entered Meeting Hall.

[22:58:06] Can't attack people from the same guild!

[22:58:26] You failed to flee.

[22:59:15] Can't initiate combat: path to target too long or destination unreachable.

[22:59:18] Can't initiate combat: path to target too long or destination unreachable.

[23:00:44] Oh well, no true sight, but we got a 8 point temporary penalty to the attack and defence skills.

[23:00:58] You are too far away! Get closer!

[23:01:27] Can't attack people from the same guild!

[23:02:05] Oh well, no true sight, but we got a 8 point temporary penalty to the attack and defence skills.

[23:02:09] You are too far away! Get closer!

[23:03:29] Oh well, no true sight, but we got a 8 point temporary penalty to the attack and defence skills.

[23:05:11] You have been saved!

[23:05:48] [Gambit @ 1]: mrhide you ther?

[23:06:12] You see: Grumpy

[23:06:47] You entered Animal Study Room.

[23:07:29] Welcome to Desert Pines!

[23:07:30] Warning! You just entered a PKing map! This means other players can attack you!

[23:07:35] Welcome to the Mynadar, Valley of the Dwarves!

[23:07:42] You entered Meeting Hall.

[23:08:41] You entered Entrance Hall.

[23:08:41] You are too far away.

[23:09:07] You went outside the school.

[23:09:12] Not here! (can't attack players in non combat maps)

[23:10:08] [Grumpy @ 1]: HAHA LOL ROFL OLOL0

[23:10:11] [Grumpy @ 1]: MY RATS :D

[23:10:40] drtycmunk has logged off.

[23:12:47] No player is in the game with the name of rotat

[23:13:22] [PM from Donkeh: PM received from Kickany1: #inv]

[23:16:39] [Grumpy @ 1]: Screenie up on forums.

... the biggest abuse we ever had done in the game by someone who we trusted.
I think abuse is to strong of a word. I think mistake, or poor judgement is more appropriate.

MrHide has done more to make the PK server fun for everyone than any other player there. He's put a huge amount of time and effort into planning and running a wide variety of invasions for nothing more than a "thank you" from the happy participants.

This mistake is easily correctable, and by a simple "don't do that again" preventable in the future. Let's please not do anything to damage the fun environment and community we've been working SO long to build there.

I agree.. I think it was a spur of the moment thing.. I personally Love Mrhide.. I hate to miss his invasions.. but alas I do.. But would hate for there to be No invasions. :) I look forward to those events.

The previous invasion only had 24 invis-rats. And after Segor killed them he immediately held a contest to give away a couple of the stones and a cape he had.

Oh please, lol.. It is about me,

Liquid you really are sad

If this would have gone on without anyone speeking out Radu would have been alot more angry then he is now

I Got to agree with Bkc on this one

I would say its was more a mistake than a plot to abuse the game

Like someone else mentioned, return the drops and learn by the mistake

Mrhide has been an inspiration to this server im sure this was not meant as a form of abuse

Then the rats can go back to the way they should be played

grumpy can rejoin the game

and we can all go back to normal if there is ever such a thing

Handyman

Oh please, lol.. It is about me,

Liquid you really are sad

If this would have gone on without anyone speeking out Radu would have been alot more angry then he is now

I Got to agree with Bkc on this one

I would say its was more a mistake than a plot to abuse the game

Like someone else mentioned, return the drops and learn by the mistake

Mrhide has been an inspiration to this server im sure this was not meant as a form of abuse

Then the rats can go back to the way they should be played

grumpy can rejoin the game

and we can all go back to normal if there is ever such a thing

Handyman

The point being it wasn't my mistake.. I just took part in the Invasion MrHide did.. Thats all. Everything is on Grumpy, apart from the little GC I got which I spent o Books and other Items.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but I've done nothing wrong, and I'm getting punished. I don't see how that is exactly fair?

Unlike Liquid I have no problem returning the items I got, except for the ones I gave away immediatly after the invasion, I don't have problems playing the game to get what I want/need. I am also able to level my characters by myself and get the items I need withing the community or by myself.

[00:10:57] [segor @ 1]: 5 tokens, 5 antisocial removal, 4 felatine bones removal (spike got 1), 1 ICD removal, 1 HS removal

[00:11:57] [PM to jvg: and 40kgc]

[00:07:26] Segor: antisocial removal or gelatine bones ?

[00:07:41] spike: i gel bones

[00:46:48] [segor @ 1]: gratz to bkc56, jvg and hailee for getting the prizes after finding me

(hailee and jvg got the perk removal stones, antisocial if I recall right)

Just log Radu on the PK Server when I'm online and we can trade at a storage to sort this out.

Unlike Liquid I have no problem returning the items I got, except for the ones I gave away immediatly after the invasion, I don't have problems playing the game to get what I want/need. I am also able to level my characters by myself and get the items I need withing the community or by myself.

[00:10:57] [segor @ 1]: 5 tokens, 5 antisocial removal, 4 felatine bones removal (spike got 1), 1 ICD removal, 1 HS removal

[00:11:57] [PM to jvg: and 40kgc]

[00:07:26] Segor: antisocial removal or gelatine bones ?

[00:07:41] spike: i gel bones

[00:46:48] [segor @ 1]: gratz to bkc56, jvg and hailee for getting the prizes after finding me

(hailee and jvg got the perk removal stones, antisocial if I recall right)

Just log Radu on the PK Server when I'm online and we can trade at a storage to sort this out.

I said I'll pay, I just don't have the GC.. If radu logs on, I'll be happy to sort this out with him.. I don't care for items, just want my account back.