Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ateh

Gossip

So just wondering whats up with Gossip recently ? I know shes a privately owned bot but she does such great things for EL, mainly im wondering has the ''about'' command been removed?

Anyone else been having problems with her of late ?

Peace out EL

gossip is completly non responsive to me.. i cannot leave a message for anyone or anything. when i pm gossip.. i just get no response.. has been this way for a week or so as far as i can tell.

I am able to see guildies online but as for the "about" command I haven't been able to get a reponse either

Me neither,,or when I ask her /gossip about ...

I have a few chars and on 2 she just does not answer and on 1 she says that she has helped me enough today even though I did not ask her anything before!

She does pass messages though!

Edited by Ilse

Indeed, Gossip is not responding. The weird thing is, if i type about with wrong (not existing) nickname, she'll reply Who? Never heard of 'em. So the command seems to exist... but - like everyone else - if I type proper name, there be no response. I've also tried too look for some official informations (maybe this command was temporary disabled?) but couldnt find any.

1 - Gossip and owner (Scafativ) are no longer in CEL

2 - Last I heard, Scafativ was VERY busy in real life. I'm sure that when things calm down for him he will work on fixing some of the features like "about"

3 - In the mean time there is the players online page for some information (when players are not set to privacy)

But there is no other feature that tells you when a player was last on!

Which is very usefull when you have not seen them foe a while.

At least you know they are active or not!

Yep gossip has had problems with instantly responding to commands like about, but now its worse, no reply at all.

Edited by Chimeran Wolf

We've been missing Gossip on the PK server for a few months.

The_Piper brought in EternalTrivia for us to use since he has a mail system (#mailto <playername>), and I believe is is a functional feature on the main server. He won't PM you if have a message, so you just have to occasionally check it.

We've been so spoiled by Gossip...

Gossip has officially gone wacko. Today while I was harvesting iron just out of the blue she PMed me with the results of a /gossip about 'playername' that I had asked her for a couple weeks ago.

:)

doesn't even work for me, every time I pm it, it tells me I have used too many for that day.

You can use gossip only a certain number of times per day (10? 20?), after that she'll stop answering you

She replies just fine to: /gossip members on and /gossip guildies to me.

Unfortunately, she doesn't reply to /gossip about, nor does she pass on the message when I do /gossip tell all the time.

But it's not like you can't work around all that.. though it makes things a lot more easier when she works properly.

Oh well.. forum pms ftw!

doesn't even work for me, every time I pm it, it tells me I have used too many for that day.

You can use gossip only a certain number of times per day (10? 20?), after that she'll stop answering you

this was the first time I had pmed her in a week, she won't answer me ever since I got my name changed.