Eternal Lands Official Forums
Nurplewhip

Leonard - Victim #1

Im talking about "some sort of light meter" where it shows how much light there is.I wasnt referring to the actual light meter ingame.

What does the actual light meter ingame do? I don't get what you're trying to say :laugh:

Ahhhh good question.I dont know,havnt read the desc.Maybe you can tell me ingame later?lol If lightmeter shows how visible you are at night in a particular place/area then that solved Tirun's problem.Ok,lets move on.

Edited by Annihilate

Im talking about "some sort of light meter" where it shows how much light there is.I wasnt referring to the actual light meter ingame.

What does the actual light meter ingame do? I don't get what you're trying to say :laugh:

Ahhhh good question.I dont know,havnt read the desc.Maybe you can tell me ingame later?lol If lightmeter shows how visible you are at night in a particular place/area then that solved Tirun's problem.Ok,lets move on.

I guess you just gave the answer :)

ok, u pretend to be killing "white" (it's ice dragons btw) dragons but u dont know what the fuck a lightmeter is? you seriously need some mental help.

Edited by Tempest

ok, u pretend to be killing "white" (it's ice dragons btw) dragons but u dont know what the fuck a lightmeter is? you seriously need some mental help.

Your using foul language and your off topic.

I killed Leonard,cheers ;)

actually even the god uses "what the fuck [...] is" ;)

and no, u didnt kill it, cuz i searched it 2 hours and it's stronger than molime, which makes ur 60 def not able to pwn it cuz molime has 110~ def, caught lieing again, pwnd.

Temp, you're wasting your keystrokes arguing with him(Although it is funny to laugh at him ;)). In the words of the oh-so-wise Quimbly:

There is no point in arguing with an idiot. They will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Edited by Shujral

What does the actual light meter ingame do? I don't get what you're trying to say :)

I guess you just gave the answer :devlish:

I was under the impression that the light meter replaced the visibility rating for you that used to be in the #arm command. Doesn't the light meter only tell you how visible you are based on equipment etc...? Does our race or height affect it? Those are supposed to be part of your visibility right? Do we just get someone (like me) who is human in game to run around checking everywhere and making comparisons to see what is lit well and what isn't? We are checking our visibility not the actual light level in an area. If you were wearing tons of equipment in a dark area you would still read as 'well lit' and Leonard would still be happy to kill you. :D

I suggest using light meters while in the same equipment every single time so that you can compare the answers and start with a very dark and a very well lit place. Anyone know the darkest and most well lit places in game? This of course begs the question of how well lit is well lit enough to be safe. A hard thing to test without a lot of Leonard bait. I would still love to see a new spell that produces enough light to protect you from Leonard and lanterns available through engineering really only makes sense. We can make landmines after all. Lanterns should not be that hard. :) The first thing to find out is what buildings are safe and which ones aren't especially storages if he can go into any building.

I don't have any lightmeters to speak of but I might be able to help with ings. :) Anyone want to start the testing before we get eaten? Good luck to us all. :) Should you only use lightmeters at night to get the most accurate results? I don't know fi they are affected by daylight or not. Does anyone know?

Tirun

Thanks for giving us the two ways to stay safe Entropy. It works great for Leonard's story and it would empty Irilion completely /snap/

Ummmm .... I have never seen so many people sweeping through Irillion maps that it is the case now. Even the most abandoned maps are being visited in search for the Leo. I believe your generalization fails totally here.

That's just because he's new, in no time he will be forgotten and a lot of players will be annoyed :)

You are quite right Cycloonx and I believe Cruella seems to have forgotten that Leonard is not going to be spawning every 10 minutes when fully implemented. He will spawn once per hour at most and only at night. People are not going to spend all of their time hunting him when he is fully implemented. The number of players who do hunt him will be nothing compared to all of the harvesters who would not be there anymore. I was not basing my analysis on Leonard being on day and night and spawning every 10 minutes. :devlish:

Tirun

Edited by TirunCollimdus

People are not going to spend all of their time hunting him when he is fully implemented.

Your knowledge of incoming future amazes me. You should definitely become a prophet.

Please wait a month or two, observe, analyse, base your judgement on facts, not on your wishful thinking and come back then (if of course facts confirm your prophecies).

People are not going to spend all of their time hunting him when he is fully implemented.

Your knowledge of incoming future amazes me. You should definitely become a prophet.

Please wait a month or two, observe, analyse, base your judgement on facts, not on your wishful thinking and come back then (if of course facts confirm your prophecies).

Actually I have almost 30 years of gaming experience and over 2 years experience in EL. You might want to read Isaac Aasimov's Foundation series. Behavior for groups of people is actually predictable through scientific means. No procephies required. My opinion is not wishful thinking. It is a well considered deduction of what will occur based on well reasoned arguments and past activities in the game. Wishful thinking on my part would have so many players hunting Leonard all of the time that I don't have to carry a rosto at night in Irilion. Now THAT is wishful thinking. If it does come true no one will be happier about it than me. Unfortunately the odds are stacked very high against it. :devlish:

No one can predict exactly what is going to happen because as you focus more on the individual predicting behavior becomes less and less reliable. I don't think it was too hard to predict that some people would be upset with cooldown being put into the game. Do you? No prophecy needed there. The point I was making is that a LOT of people would leave Irilion if Leonard did not work the way Entropy set him up to work. It is a great job of making Leonard fit into the game.

Tirun

PS Sociologists have done real life testing on 'Harry Seldon's psychohistory' from the Foundation series and proven that yes something very close to that actually works and it is currently being developed into something reliable and completely dependable. Very interesting stuff if you want to read up on it. :)

PPS

post Mar 31 2008, 08:08 PM

Post #29

teh G0d

Group: Admin

Member No.: 2

Yes, that is an option as well.

But he dies so much because:

1. He goes out at daytime, so he is much more vulnerable.

2. His flee logic is not very good.

Once those issues are fixed, he should be considerably harder to kill.

That, and he will lose the novelty thing, so people will hunt him less.

--------------------

Video card: GeForce 7300 GS/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW!

Vendor ID: NVIDIA Corporation

OpenGL Version: 2.1.2

Edited by TirunCollimdus

Well, I agree with Tirun here (actually, I stated it first), that after a while (I think after the bows come this weekend), he will lose his novelty and people will hunt him less.

I also plan to make him considerably harder to kill (not by buffing up his stats, but by making him smarter), for example he will make note of those who kill him too often, and if fighting one of them, he will use more healing potions, and disengage earlier in the fight.

Surely Leo will lose its novelty.

Whether people will hunt him less or more relies on further implementation details - there are several ways to make it the most sought creature in EL, starting from adding rare drops, experience gains, Leo killers ranking/statistics, etc. Obviously I have no idea if anything similar is being planned.

Nevertheless saying that Irillion would be abandoned due to Leo activities is absolutely premature, since it is still possible that the effect will be just the opposite. Surely the population characteristic can slightly change, with less people putting safety first and not willing to carry a rosto to more fighters seeking excitement of the Leo hunt.

Anyway, there is no need to dramatize Leo's influence on Irillion's future - it is on the loose for several days already, respawning fast after the death, hundreds of people were searching for him, another hundreds were playing normally in C2, yet maybe only a 2-3 dozens of players have actually had the chance to see it at all, and even less have been killed.

Surely Leo will lose its novelty.

Whether people will hunt him less or more relies on further implementation details - there are several ways to make it the most sought creature in EL, starting from adding rare drops, experience gains, Leo killers ranking/statistics, etc. Obviously I have no idea if anything similar is being planned.

Nevertheless saying that Irillion would be abandoned due to Leo activities is absolutely premature, since it is still possible that the effect will be just the opposite. Surely the population characteristic can slightly change, with less people putting safety first and not willing to carry a rosto to more fighters seeking excitement of the Leo hunt.

Anyway, there is no need to dramatize Leo's influence on Irillion's future - it is on the loose for several days already, respawning fast after the death, hundreds of people were searching for him, another hundreds were playing normally in C2, yet maybe only a 2-3 dozens of players have actually had the chance to see it at all, and even less have been killed.

If you think I was dramatizing Leonard's impact on the Irilion population then you did not read my post. The impact will not be dramatic because Entropy is allowing us to protect ourselves by being in well lit places or in crowded places. That is what I was thanking Radu for doing. He set up Leonard's behavior perfectly to give Leonard and the players all a fair chance. What I said was that if Radu hadn't done it that way and Leonard only avoided places that were well lit and crowded then his impact would indeed be dramatic. There wouldn't be any safe place at all in Irilion except for places we intentionally made safe by gathering together in a well lit area.

My post was about appreciating how well thought out Leonard's behavior was during his creation. Specifically I appreciate the way the safeguards on Leonard's hunting were set up with consideration for players and letting Leonard hunt at the same time. I hope this is clear to you now. :P

Tirun

Edited by TirunCollimdus

Just to share my fresh experience with Leonard which resulted in my death and rostogol loss.

I was afk-harvesting red roses in evtr, when I got back, I was dead.

Now here comes the interesting part, I have att 62, yet I was unable to deliver a single hit to him. I also had a CoL (275hp) (a reason for rostogol ofc), so I think I had a few moments before dying to hit him, however I didn't even once. The principal flaw of mine was that I wasn't paying attention. Lesson learnt, next time, you won't have it that easy Leonard!

Now here comes the interesting part, I have att 62, yet I was unable to deliver a single hit to him.

I'm thinking its not that you didn't score hits, but most likely that your hits weren't doing enough damage to get through his toughness... i assume you were weaponless.

EDIT: Try harvesting roses with Orc Slayer/Halberd equipped from now on :)

Edited by Korrode

also its a good warning to everyone that AFK harvesting on C2 at night is not a good idea

But thanks for the info on your incident, were all slowly learning from peoples encounters at what sort of levels were looking at to be safe around this thing, and I dont know about anyone else but the a/d to be safe looks considerably higher than I imagined.

Just to share my fresh experience with Leonard which resulted in my death and rostogol loss.

I was afk-harvesting red roses in evtr, when I got back, I was dead.

Now here comes the interesting part, I have att 62, yet I was unable to deliver a single hit to him. I also had a CoL (275hp) (a reason for rostogol ofc), so I think I had a few moments before dying to hit him, however I didn't even once.

Did u have any weapon/armor? Coz u know, if u r naked and got 125hp(3hits from tiger or so) or 275hp(maybe 6-7hits from tiger) its still few seconds and u r dead :medieval:

Check that video from Saint, u will see that if some1 has no armor or junk armor only tiger deals very big dmg to him, even tho it has low a/d( tiger has big p/c and maybe Radu implemented him some kind of evil weapon, who knows :)

mp

Now here comes the interesting part, I have att 62, yet I was unable to deliver a single hit to him.

Not so surprising since his defense is higher than your attack :medieval:

I was just wearing black robe, moon medallion and pickaxe.

Not so surprising since his defense is higher than your attack :medieval:

And here I thought he would have rather low defense. I must have encountered some strong specimen then.

yeh how high is his attack lvl? lol he seems like very hard to block, but easy to hit...

yeh how high is his attack lvl? lol he seems like very hard to block, but easy to hit...

Radu said his def is only 40% of his attack, and he also said his defense was more than khalai's attack so at least 63 :)

If 63 is 40% of his attack, then 100% of his attack is around 155 :(

Add to that decent p/c (so might so damage dealt) and u have really nasty beast here, as long as it is intelligent :P

mp