Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Macal

Few enriched, modables and drops

Hi all.

Talking with my mates all get the same conclusion. The number of EFEs is far away than some weeks ago.

With drops, Cyc in special, the same. And maybe with modables too.

I dont see any news about this, except some comments at sto.

The percentage was changed ?

Regards.

Macal.

You are wrong, the EFE now is infinitely higher than a few weeks ago :D For about 2 weeks, their chance was 0 (although they could still be made by enrichment stones). Before their chance was 0, the chance was as it is now (and it has been like that for many months).

The cyclops drop has not been changed in ages. But as with all the monsters, they do NOT drop rare stuff when invaded.

The modable swords and armors has also not been changed in ages.

Thanks for your fast reply :D

Change 0 was announced anywhere ? ... I only do this question to know forums

Changes like that are not announced at all; there was a players' poll on this subject, resulting in the decision that Ent should be free to change rare rates as he sees fit for the overall balance of the game.

Also consider that the developers have exact numbers about how many of each type of item are in the game at a given time, and can tweak things to (try to) ensure a smooth economy.

I made 3 EFEs yesterday in less than an hour and another the day before. (without arti cape)

Maybe only few people were lucky and made more than one.

cyclops are known to be the worst droppers. i keep notes of the drops i get, i hope it helps

February 2 (about 80 clops)

mirror cloak :) /titanium long sword/steel axe constr/book potion of summ + armed male orc dropped leather boots + dscim dropped an ELE

February 3 (60 clops)

2 titanium chain mail con/titanium mining book

February 5 (about 50 clops)

1titanium long sword + armed female orc dropped leather boots

gc is ~16/clop :)

other days used to find more titanium long swords, anyway it doesn t make big difference

Edited by draugluin1

The cyclops drop has not been changed in ages. But as with all the monsters, they do NOT drop rare stuff when invaded.

Tyvm for the clarification, i was suspecting that from a long time, but needed some sort of hard statement :)

just wanted to say in the past 2 months maybe less since getting artificer cloak my counters say 65k FE and 12 FE ( 14 actually but two were with enrich stones )

Also 2 steel Gvrs of Ubber Defense and a Modable Steel Long

1 ELE from 20 LE LOL and thats about it really

I dont think just because there are statistics spread around for 1 in 10k or 1 in 4k or w/e that it measn you will make an enriched everytime you make X number of something.

I think those statistics give people false hope :)

* quick edit * not that you can trust my counters as they also say ive harvested over 300k of hydro ore but i think the FE is pretty spot on

Edited by Ateh

ty for saying that ent..............and u "forgot" to tell us ? :D

I think in can hear entropy's finger twitching already......(on the ban button)lol

Lol, no, I didn't touch the breaking rates for the swords and armors in ages.

And the thermal serp has the lowest breaking chance (along witha few other items).

I bet ELE rate was changed too, atleast I made much much much less ELE than before (only 1:4000 instead of 1:1000 before).

I don't remember the ele being 1:1000 (maybe 3 years ago). But yes, the rate has been adjusted a little, although not 4 times.

And the thermal serp has the lowest breaking chance (along witha few other items).

oO ok because more and more players start to think thoses stuff break more...

i just guess its because we fight more with NDDs / Invasions :) then

can i know what is the breakrate of a thermal serp is? ( i think 1/10k w/o nmt, but not sure )

I bet ELE rate was changed too, atleast I made much much much less ELE than before (only 1:4000 instead of 1:1000 before).

I don't remember the ele being 1:1000 (maybe 3 years ago). But yes, the rate has been adjusted a little, although not 4 times.

Hmm ok, I made about 22 ELE in 20k 2 months ago, and now only 15 in 60k :)

I guess i'm pro unlucky then now :)

Hmm ok, I made about 22 ELE in 20k 2 months ago, and now only 15 in 60k :)

I guess i'm pro unlucky then now :)

I was also getting regularly 1 every 1k approx till very recently.

Now I'm even unluckier than Cyc. I estimate my rate 1 in 5-6k

I have arti and generally make my les on very good make rare astro days, and i have gotten something silly like 3 ELEs in the last 20k+ les... bad luck?

it must be some sort of bad luck cos as i said I made an ELE after making 20 last week.

And i dont sit and make thousands and thousands of LE at a time

Perhaps the more you make , the more you expect and so these statistics of 1 every X thousand only serve to give a false perception that once you have made X amount of something you should get an enriched ?

I dont know if im right , but I personally dont think its a guarentee like that ? Correct me if im wrong please

Leaked bit of server sourcecode does answer to the question:

if(letter_exists_in_name('z')){
luck = ultimate;
}
else if(letter_exists_in_name('a')){
luck = bad;
} 
else{
luck = common;
}

And it is really like that.

Edited by ville-v

it must be some sort of bad luck cos as i said I made an ELE after making 20 last week.

And i dont sit and make thousands and thousands of LE at a time

Perhaps the more you make , the more you expect and so these statistics of 1 every X thousand only serve to give a false perception that once you have made X amount of something you should get an enriched ?

I dont know if im right , but I personally dont think its a guarentee like that ? Correct me if im wrong please

And you try to say what? I often made an ELE at the very beginning, it's not like it says something about the chance to make one. And it's not like I go crying if I don't make an ELE every 1k mixed LEs, I just look on how many I made after i'm done. In a big sample like 60k you mostly hit the average chance to make an ELE (make some little proggy to loop 60k times and look at the rate it will give you, it will be fairly constant).

I made 3 EFEs yesterday in less than an hour and another the day before. (without arti cape)

Maybe only few people were lucky and made more than one.

I have to agree with you...I made already 15k and no FE's

It definitely is a thing of luck anymore ;p