Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Attributes cap for the main server

Attribute caps  

410 members have voted

1. 1. Cap each attribute at 48

• Yes!
    • OMG WTF no way!11!!

I agree with Hardcore and Blodoks. If not remove them, should make them less usable (huge cooldown, nexus to use...) even without the cap. And out of topic i think they are a source of money/xp too easy :P ...a source i've been using a lot ;)

edit: oh, voted yes :)

Edited by Fedora

lol if u have loads of tigers or w/e on u, u gonna have to heal quik anyway mana drain will be hard without dying, especially with icd perk

I agree with Hardcore and Blodoks. If not remove them, should make them less usable (huge cooldown, nexus to use...) even without the cap. And out of topic i think they are a source of money/xp too easy :P ...a source i've been using a lot ;)

edit: oh, voted yes :)

tbh, its strange that summon a black bear gives 90 base xp and an recommended lvl of 45 and animal nexus 3

a stone (and yes i am lvl'ng on them too) gives 200! xp and the recommended lvl is only 30..... and anmal nexus 5

I think there should be a need o at least some magical nexus too and the recommended lvl to use could require some magic lvl or maybe charm related with some failure rate ??

Like when you have higher charm you can summon more than 1 summon from a stone and with low charm you could even fail it.

Ok, here is my final decision, after a few days of consideration:

There won't be a hard cap on the main server. That means, people will be able, in theory, to get as much coordination as they want.

The reason for that is that too many things would have to be rebalanced (most of the mobs, summoning stones, and so on).

All this being said, most of the competitive players will have to reallocate at least 20 or more points if they want not to be massacred by n00bs with bows and arrows. Perception will play a very important role in dodging arrows, and in firing arrows as well.

So if your perception is 4, you won't dodge much arrows at all, they will all hit, and when 10 people fire an arrow that does 40 damage, you'll be dead before you can even blink, let alone restore.

Furthermore, there will also be new, more powerful landmines, and if you don't have a high perception, you can't see them, and again, you are dead.

The pets power will be affected by the master's charm as well, so some n00b with a high charm and a well trained pet will be able to be a formidable enemy.

Because of all this new changes, placing everything in coo will be.. unwise (not to say downright stupid).

Thanks Ent. I'm a coord nub myself but I'm glad with your decision. I don't mind getting pwnt by archer, most likely I'll just try and be one myself since I like playing around with bow and arrows. And this fits in my "project-that-will-last-for-years-but-might-one-day-come-true-if-I-ever-get-off-my-lazy-arse".

All happy here. =)

-Blee

You say perception is going to be important with the coming of arrows.OK.You also say the prO's will probably have to reallocate 20 pp's.OK.So what you are saying is that you are trying to get people to take perception enhancing attributes...other than the all "important" co-ord.But. why spend those Priceless PP's( you said about 20!!) when u can just slap on a night visor!(it give +30 perception to all of you too lazy to go to the encyclo :P).

But saying that...I am just a noob...just thought i would point this out...maybe i missed something?

Edited by GerbilD

You say perception is going to be important with the coming of arrows.OK.You also say the prO's will probably have to reallocate 20 pp's.OK.So what you are saying is that you are trying to get people to take perception enhancing attributes...other than the all "important" co-ord.But. why spend those Priceless PP's( you said about 20!!) when u can just slap on a night visor!(it give +30 perception to all of you too lazy to go to the encyclo :P).

But saying that...I am just a noob...just thought i would point this out...maybe i missed something?

You can't use both COL and night visor as far as I understand.

So less hp-

Furthermore, there will also be new, more powerful landmines, and if you don't have a high perception, you can't see them, and again, you are dead.
Small land-mines are too expensive to be a useful weapon (I can't imagine what a large one will cost). Unless they're also very expensive, the use of arrows may be a better way to configure yourself.

Hmm, very interesting features, I can't wait to see them, Entropy!

But. why spend those Priceless PP's( you said about 20!!) when u can just slap on a night visor!(it give +30 perception to all of you too lazy to go to the encyclo :P).

LOL?

As for the rest of you, if you REALLY want the cap implemented, feel free to make a petition poll. If I get 66% signatures, I'll do it.

Go lobby for it, explain the players why they want it, and then make the poll.

Ok, well, this thread will be closed now.

Like I said in the previous post, if people REALLY BADLY want that, and 2/3 of the players agree with them (66% of the votes), I'll do it.

But it will be your own poll, and it will be considered a petition. You will loby for it, not the other way around.